GF 13-Sep-19
Ucsdryder 13-Sep-19
fubar racin 15-Sep-19
cnelk 15-Sep-19
cnelk 15-Sep-19
aboks 18-Sep-19
LINK 18-Sep-19
13-Sep-19
Looking for some suggestions on a backpack for a 12 year old boy. Live in the mountains of Colorado and will be used primarily as a daypack. Not looking to drop a fortune, but want something decent in the event he's helping to pack out boned out portions of elk or mule deer. Would probably be handed down in the family after he outgrows it. He's about 4'8" and 85lbs. Thank you!

13-Sep-19
Midway has Badlands super day pack for $109. My youngest is about the same size and it fits him pretty good with some room to grow. Bomb proof Pack and that’s about half price.

13-Sep-19
Join REI and hit one of their used gear sales....

They make some really good kids’ packs that won’t break the bank at all, and they have all the goodies - internal frame, adjustable suspension...

My oldest was about the size of yours when he was 14, but then Testosterone. He just used it again at 5’2” and BUFF, but I think that pack's about to get inherited and replaced...

At the next used gear sale....

13-Sep-19
Sierra trading post

15-Sep-19
My 12 year old yesterday with back straps and some grind from a bull moose in his Kifaru argali. I have $275 into it used and it will last him a lifetime.

15-Sep-19
I had a Badlands Superday for a few years. Hated it. That thing was heavy empty

15-Sep-19
Look at a kuiu ultra 1800. The lightest toughest pack out there.

18-Sep-19
thanks for the feedback

18-Sep-19

LINK's Link
I’ll second what GF said. This one would be good or the Kelty redcloud junior for $135. Both are new but the garage does have some good deals, awhile back they had a mystery ranch terra frame at a good price.

• Sitka Gear