Tonights hunt
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Jordanathome 17-Sep-19
Nick Muche 17-Sep-19
Firsty 17-Sep-19
Jordanathome 17-Sep-19
17-Sep-19
ok so I had a bear and mulie tag, but was back in a good elk area. About to the top feeling punny and stopped for the elevenhundreth time when usually only take 5 or 6 breathers, look up towards the ridge and thought I saw a yote. It headed up into some rocky outcroppings, 100 yards uphill, pops out and I says to myself, self that aint no yote, that is a cougar. Before I can confirm with binos he is gone. was heading away so I continued on. Before 6 walking down into the basin I hear a bugle to my left. I figgered a hunter, so early, but no vehicles at the trailhead. 15 mins later hear another far off to the right. damn, might be an actual elk. Didnt hear any more. Didnt see my camera buck or any elk back at the spot. Heard an elk below me as I headed out from my spot at dark but never saw it. heard a big tree fall down in a nasty blowdown area, reminded me why I don't hunt in there. Good exercize but not mich else. was shining my headlamp all over looking for that kitty on my way out. Good times. after elk in 34 this weekend.

17-Sep-19
No luck!!?? I’ll be damned! After reading that I thought for sure at least a skunk was shot on your walk out!

17-Sep-19
I dont think he has a skunk tag for this unit!

17-Sep-19
Jeez Nick........

• Sitka Gear