Pat Lefemine 21-Sep-19
Kodiak 21-Sep-19
Brotsky 21-Sep-19
DiRTY MiKE 21-Sep-19
Bowbaker 21-Sep-19
JL 21-Sep-19
Oldreb 25-Sep-19
19-Sep-19
It's funny how people are not chatting about going to the Spearhead Ranch to hunt?

19-Sep-19
Double

19-Sep-19
yes

20-Sep-19
there were some live hunts years ago but it has been a long time. there were some guys who were regulars who posted on here but they are gone. add to that pronghorn is their specialty and as a species it gets about 1% of the traffic on this site. just not a lot of advocates or interest. great operation though.

20-Sep-19
I was just wondering. People use to post about them all the time. Up until 2010-2013. Then things pretty much stopped. Even they would post how the hunts are doing. Man, all I did was ask a question because I was wondering. An I get some pissy answers. No wonder people are leaving Bowsite.

20-Sep-19
Dont mind Jeff, he just cant help being an asshole. Lopes are funny on here there isnt much interest all the time like deer and elk. More of an ebb and flow. I haven't been to WY for lopes in 5 years, I am sitting on the 5 points because my son will be able to hunt with me in August before school in a few years. I should be able to partner up on his application and draw two decent tags with 10 points. In the mean time I been trying to draw a good goat tag in one of the top tier states...no dice. I did have good hunt in Co for them a few weeks back.

20-Sep-19
trail, right now I am getting ready for Ohio to start. (9/28) Then it will be Pa. I am hoping to see the deer that dropped the shed that I found this year. It has 10 pts. on one side. I don't understand why people have to be pissy.

20-Sep-19
I'm guessing their clients don't post on Bowsite. They probably have a Facebook page or a website if you want to see how things are going. You could also call them AFTER the season to see how they did.

20-Sep-19
Boris good luck in both places.

Justin is right, the best place to follow an outfitter is on Facebook or Instagram!

20-Sep-19
I hunted the Werner ranch in Douglas the last week of August. Cool mornings and warm afternoons. The camp went 7 for 8 the week that I was there.

20-Sep-19
I tried to book a hunt with David a few years ago. They were down to hunting just two weeks at that time, taking repeat customers. When I hunted with them in 2011 they were hunting four weeks of archery, plus the rifle hunts. He said the antelope population was down so were trying to manage the herd on their property at that time. There was a lot of oil exploration on the ranch at that time too, not sure if that effected the antelope but I know David wasn't happy about it.

JTV, missing the Community Forum?

20-Sep-19
I don't know if people were pissy. your thread was started with just a statement. What were you wanting people to say? If you were wanting something usually people ask a question. I'm not saying this to be mean, but your opening remarks don't really lend itself to an informative thread.

20-Sep-19
Sometimes on this site the pot calls the kettle black.

20-Sep-19
Knock it off. Nobody here is interested in this middle school crap.

20-Sep-19
Agreed Pat. It's getting old

20-Sep-19
When I hear Spearhead ranch I think of Dal Lawrey. He would post all his hunts there. Sadly, he passed away but used to do well hunting there. I miss Ole Dal.

Bill

20-Sep-19
I was trying to remember who always posted about spearhead Thanks for reminding me Bill

Always sounded like a good hunt

21-Sep-19
Spearhead ranch is a fantastic place to hunt. I shot two really nice pronghorns there and my first muley buck. Great hunting, great food, and great people.

21-Sep-19
Yep, I think of Dal Lowrey when Spearhead is mentioned too. He used to get it done with that Morrison of his.

21-Sep-19
I believe MR James was also a frequent hunter at Spearhead Ranch if memory serves correctly.

21-Sep-19
I was there in 07.

Great people and fun hunt. What really stuck with me to this day was how nice and courteous everyone was. I was also impressed with the strength of their family.

Love Wyoming.

21-Sep-19
Was fortunate enough to hunt with them in 2013 and 2015. Class outfit and wonderful people.

21-Sep-19
I remember alot of Spearhead threads when I was around the first time here...early-mid 2000's maybe??

25-Sep-19
I e-mailed them earlier in the summer inquiring about hunt openings for the 2020 archery season and I never got a reply. After a few phone calls and leaving messages, I finally received a voice mail from them saying that they were booked full for the next couple of years. I then called them again to find out what year they would have openings and I never received a reply. I gave up on them after that.

• Sitka Gear