WYelkhunter 21-Sep-19
Bowboy 21-Sep-19
GF 21-Sep-19
Aluminum Rain 21-Sep-19
DonVathome 23-Sep-19
TrapperKayak 23-Sep-19
TrapperKayak 23-Sep-19
20-Sep-19
Well I am headed for the WY Range sunday morning for my elk hunt. My plan was to hunt with my Uncle this year but due to unforeseen circumstances he can't make it. Haven't hunted solo in quit a while and the wife isn't happy LOL... I will be hunting out of the camper instead of packing camp in to please her, luckily I know some good areas not terribly far in that hold good elk. If anyone is going to be in that area let me know if you want a hunting partner....

20-Sep-19

JohnMC's Link
Buy item in link and take with you as your hunting partner. Tell your wife you found a hunting partner. Everyone is happy. ;)

20-Sep-19
John I was worried that was going to be an Inflate-a-Date

20-Sep-19
haha,, thats funny.. I am taking an inreach mini though

20-Sep-19
Good luck brother!!! Stay safe,hike cautiously,enjoy your time out there,,,we'll be expecting a follow-up...

21-Sep-19
What’s the difference between regular and the mini? I’m going to be needing one for Saskatchewan and Alaska soon.

21-Sep-19
I will definitely give an update when I get back.. leaving early tomorrow morning. Mule Power. The biggest difference is size and on the larger inreach you can view maps. But I use my phone as my gps (have been for many years) I just needed something to make the wife feel better and the ability to contact if something where to happen.

21-Sep-19
Good luck! I sometimes prefer hunting alone.

21-Sep-19
I LOVE being out there alone. John Geirach once said that there is a lot to be said for knowing how to take care of yourself in a situation where some care must be taken.

Just make sure you have a way to check in so nobody is worried about you. And watch your six, especially if you’re set up and calling.

21-Sep-19
Inreach technology also in the garmin 66i but reviews say lots of bugs. Hopefully they will put it in a touchscreen next yr. Its nice to have.

23-Sep-19
plb I go solo a lot, and pretty remote. Common sense, good gear, plb and, again, common sense.

23-Sep-19
Take your equalizer and spray canister if its bear country. Good companions...

23-Sep-19
Take your equalizer and spray canister if its bear country. Good companions...

• Sitka Gear