WapitiBob 26-Sep-19
Bou'bound 03-Oct-19
Ghost425 03-Oct-19
butcherboy 04-Oct-19
ELKMAN 05-Oct-19
Thisismyhandle 05-Oct-19
PECO 05-Oct-19
23-Sep-19
What will the October release bring. Any leaks out there ????

23-Sep-19
Probably close to $2000 bare bow cost is my guess!

23-Sep-19
Wondering the same!

23-Sep-19
Maybe they’ll finally catch up to Mathews, bowtech, and prime.

23-Sep-19
A finger compound. I hope

23-Sep-19
A carbon bow that is as heavy as a aluminum one. They probably even figured out how to make cold to the touch for 2020.

23-Sep-19
Fat chance in hell a (finger compound) will be presented. It's 2019 brother!

23-Sep-19
Maybe one with limbs that you can set pre-determined maximum “ethical” shot distances on.

The “GF” signature series.

24-Sep-19
t-roy, c'mon now. They couldn't have cams on that bow. The Giants would object.

24-Sep-19
Ok so nobody knows anything yet. should be some leaks soon.

24-Sep-19
I like the 2 grand comment!! Ecsp for a bow with 15 dollar limbs! Shawn

24-Sep-19
The only buzz I've heard was they were coming out with an "affordable carbon bow."

24-Sep-19
I have the RX-3 , will say I'm not impressed at all .

24-Sep-19
Their new target compound line-up is supposed to be coming out today.

24-Sep-19
They will release more hype and maybe a new color or camo pattern. Yawn.

24-Sep-19
I’ve heard that Hoyt, and the other major bow manufacturers will come out with the fastest, quietest, smoothest drawing, most forgiving, most accurate, best camo bow ever seen by mankind. Actually, I expect very small incremental improvements with excessive hype and fancy marketing words. I’m not just referring to Hoyt. I ordered a 2019 bow a weeks ago, so 2020 is a non issue for me. I buy a new one every five years or so.

24-Sep-19
titanium "Limb Wrap Technology" to stop splintering.

24-Sep-19
I know that a few engineers were field testing the new bow in Utah last two weeks on deer hunts. They won't say anything about it though.

24-Sep-19
Franklin that's a joke right? Kia makes a few too end cars that blow the Mercedes away. Hoyt is gonna price themselves out of the market. Lots of great bows for around a grand and most them our shoot Hoyt shooters. Shawn

24-Sep-19
It will be a "game changer" and all other bows will be obsolete.

24-Sep-19
I think it would be nice to see them make "light" carbon bow.

24-Sep-19
I'll be interested again when they can top their 2015 lineup...

24-Sep-19
So much Hoyt love here:) I have been shooting them for a while now and enjoyed all of them....the RX3 Ultra may be the best shooter I have had so I am excited about what's to come!

Matt

24-Sep-19
The most buzz might be from the riser :-)

24-Sep-19

No Mercy's embedded Photo
No Mercy's embedded Photo
Hahaha-here's your Buzz Brotsky! :-)

24-Sep-19
Real men shoot Hoyt, ever notice how Mathews guys are kinda sissies!!!.........

I kid,I kid

24-Sep-19
2020 Hoyt...Buzz Lightyear Edition, taking your bank account to infinity and beyond! :-)

24-Sep-19
Invicta target bow:

24-Sep-19
Is it taking your bank account to infinity and beyond or bankruptcy and beyond lol.

24-Sep-19
Past parallel limbs.............finally. And a longer riser and shorter limbs.

25-Sep-19
RX3 ultra is a heck of a bow. Be hard to top that one

25-Sep-19
X2 Ermine.....The Carbon Defiant through the RX line are all outstanding bows.

25-Sep-19
Sounds like a lot of “ hate em cuz they ain’t em” above

25-Sep-19
Until Hoyt changes to a completely different cam system, that is either a true binary with some form of lateral control, or something even better that is yet unseen, they are obsolete in today's industry, unless they go back to making draw length specific cams for each draw length. Also they need to make their $1,700 dollar carbon bows actually lighter than half the industries aluminums, and get back to a decent grip... JMHO

25-Sep-19
What market share do those obsolete bows hold today? Anyone know?

25-Sep-19
HAHAHA -Good point Bou!

25-Sep-19
I love my Nitrum!

25-Sep-19
Picked up a Carbon Spyder ZT 34- thing shoots great. won't be buying another for a while. May have Hoyt build me another set of limbs for it just because.

25-Sep-19
I love my Carbon Defiant and the small steps in technology they make each year aren't enough to warrant a change in my opinion. I haven't bought a brand new Hoyt since I owed a Spyder. Too many guys buy a new bow because they want the "latest and greatest." Nothing wrong with that because the bow sites get flooded with pristine used bows and guys like myself buy them at a fraction of the price. My Carbon Defiant 34 is absolutely flawless and I paid $500 with a smackdown pro rest included. The technology isn't advancing enough to warrant spending $1300 on a bow. Lets be honest here, most guys buy a new bow just because there's a new one on the market. To each his own, but in the last 5 years there really hasn't been anything groundbreaking that has come out. I still shoot my old Alpha Max 35 and could kill the same amount of deer I do with my new bows. I think the bow companies have hit a wall with technology. How much more can they do to a compound bow?

25-Sep-19
I’m still mad at Hoyt for the Trykon. It’s gonna take me a while to get over that travesty of tuning

25-Sep-19
I prefer the obsolete cam system. Very tunable.

25-Sep-19
There is a huge difference between something being priced out of a market vs prices out of a given individuals price range.

There is no indication that Hoyt is declining in market position as a result of either economical or technological reasons

25-Sep-19
Wasn`t one of the features of this new target bow 5 different grip features?

Not every archer is a bow shop tech. They want a simple, quality bow that shoots lights out right out of the box.

25-Sep-19
Franklin,

someone willing to spend 1,500 plus on a target bow is willing and expecting to work on it and derive benefit from its flexibility and fine tunable features.

If they want plug and play buy a Diamond for $300 and roll.

25-Sep-19
The Hoyt grip is one of the best features of the bow in my opinion; 4 different grip angles and now two heights for each angle. Takes all of 60 seconds to change and the results can be dramatic.

25-Sep-19
Hoyt will always make sales because of its namesake.

The price point of their carbon line is based on sales history and the CPI, not cost recovery.

It will be interesting to see if they can top the Z5 cam and ZT line they had in 2015. I don't think they did that with the 2016 - 2019 product line, and yes, I owned one from each year except 2019...

25-Sep-19
Look out!

Gotta laugh at the marketing nonsense that Dudley pushes. He'd have you think the prevail is junk by this years invicta.... but last year it was phenomenal!? Typical.

Hoyt just made groundbreaking innovative gains by increasing the riser length by 2.5", adding a SECOND rest mounting hole, and more grip options - woweee!

Marketing's job has never been harder than it is today in the archery industry. And it aint going to get any easier...

25-Sep-19
I'm amused to read the naysayers when new bows come out. I believe these guys actually think that there is going to be groundbreaking technology released every year and if not it's a failure. Truth be told the bow industry has plateaued and you are not going to see any significant changes until there is some type of a new material application. We are left with incremental improvements for the most part.

25-Sep-19
I own a Spyder 34, Defiant, and Pro-Defiant, all aluminum. They shoot great and have the same sights, rests, quiver etc. Pick any one of them up and they all shoot the same. Not even thinking about a new bow. Carbon does not offer me enough of an advantage since I hunt tree stands and blinds mainly.

I only own three because the Defiant cracked a limb when I dropped it, and this was right before I went on a Canadian bear hunt. I always bring a back-up bow and Hoyt could not get me new limbs before I went so I did purchase the Defiant Pro which has made hunting in blinds more enjoyable.

I have owned Matthews and PSE, and Hoyts just shoot better for me. I am not even considering a new one from them, unless it really is a game changer:) To each his/her own and that's what makes the world go around.

25-Sep-19
So, you're saying that people should be giddy and giggle with glee because a bow company adds an adjustable draw mod or something? When a design sticks, that bow company has something.

The naysayers just call it like it is...

25-Sep-19
No.... I'm saying don't start mouth breathing when you don't see revolutionary changes from year to year.

How come IBO numbers have stayed the same for 20 years? We've reached the limit of current materials and at this point it is simply refinement. In 1992 a Darton lighting's IBO speeds was about 325. This was a 7" bh bow.

25-Sep-19
Wasn`t speaking of target archer Bou….just Hoyt bows in general. They are very simple bows to tune and shoot. I have 2 friends that just bought the RX1. One has NEVER shot or owned a bow before, the other just started last year. In only 3 months they shoot as well as any 30 year bowhunter.

25-Sep-19
Bowfreak - that's what the naysayers are doing, not mouth breathing because there are not new developments that rock the world and that it is "ridiculous" the marketing hype for the same old stuff that peaked 20 yrs ago.

If that's not the case, then I am misunderstanding you.

25-Sep-19
I disagree. I think there is a large portion of people who are truly expecting something groundbreaking every year.

I also agree that is tiresome to hear the same old story....most accurate, best bow we've ever built.

25-Sep-19
I love the guys that are singling out Hoyt for making the same ridiculous overreaching advertising claims that EVERY bow manufacturer makes each year coincident with the release of their new bow line.

Hoyt makes a great bow. So do some other companies. It is great to have choices.

....And to be able to post outlandish comments you will later (or should) regret on the internet...

25-Sep-19
The "ridiculous" claims being signaled out is that it is hardly justifiable to spend $1600 every year because of a few tweeks that really don't change the performance or tunability that much.

Hoyt makes an excellent bow. I do not believe, however, their advances and changes in technology cause the Defiant and Redwrx lines to be that much better than my CS 34 ZT to spend $6,400 extra just to have them instead. That's all that is being said, and will be said about Bowtech, PSE, and Mathews but this is a Hoyt thread so Hoyt will be discussed...

25-Sep-19
I haven't read the whole thread, but missed the point where Hoyt said you had to do that.

25-Sep-19
These high end Companies are not making a living by the few wealthy fanatics That feel the need to get a new $2000 fully oufitted bow annually. They want to be the go to brand for the average guys who buy every Five years or so. They don’t need to show year over year improvement to appeal to the masses but instead anoticeable difference from Five years or so before.

25-Sep-19
I may only speak for a few. But I’ll admit one thing about buying a bow every year.

It’s fun.

I enjoy getting a new bow and starting over again to get me through the crappy woes of winter. Going to league with the latest and greatest. I enjoy it. There. I admitted my spoilage.

25-Sep-19
$1749 for their top end hunting bow is too rich for my blood. I'm not seeing the value compared to cost. In other news....a few minutes ago they posted T-Bone shot his first elk.

25-Sep-19
I am sorry I don't get the guys that say that want a bow they can play around with and get it tuned to shoot right. Again sorry but I think the above average bow hunter wants a bow they can set up. I the rest position, set the draw and weight and shoot lights out. Not something ya gotta twist a cable or a yolk to take out cam or lean or switch strings and a number of other garbage guys talk about. Believe it or not there are 600 to 1000 dollar bows that no playing around is needed and out of the box will shoot lights out. I shot all the new Hoyts from the last year or so and have owned them as well Great bows but I believe to sell a bow that is made for 400 bucks and sell it for 1500 bucks is a bit of a reach for the average bowhunter. Don't guys think the top of the line, you name it Mathews, PSE, Bowtech costs the same to produce? Yet they stay around a grand or so. Just my thoughts! Shawn

25-Sep-19
I wonder if bow companies feel pressure to not lose customers to the Xbow explosion or if the top end xbows ($2500) allow top end compounds to creep up in price?

25-Sep-19
"I haven't read the whole thread, but missed the point where Hoyt said you had to do that."

You might want to then, go back and read the entire thread. But if not, Shawn summed it up very well.

25-Sep-19
Hoyt doesn`t only make a RX3.....why does everyone use the highest priced bow as their example. The lesser priced bows shoot just as well as the top of the line bows.

It`s about the free market and if the market allows Hoyt to charge $1800 then God bless America. If there was no market for these "extremely high priced bows" then there wouldn`t be any.

I doesn`t bother me that my neighbor drives a Jaguar.

26-Sep-19
"You might want to then, go back and read the entire thread. But if not, Shawn summed it up very well. "

That Kia is better than Mercedes?

Sorry, but that is ****ing stupid.

26-Sep-19
I'll never understand why people get so worked up over what someone else spends on something.

26-Sep-19
Shawn is also wrong about other bows being more out of the box ready to shoot than Hoyt. One could get any bow from the factory that requires nothing but setting centershot and nock level for perfect tune. You could also be required to twist the top yoke on your Hoyt, swap limbs around on your new PSE, switch tophats on your new Mathews, shim cams on your new Elite or swear your chronograph is wrong on your new Obsession.

26-Sep-19
Matt you obviously are clueless, look at the high end cars Kia makes and I don't mean branded with the Kia name, but Genesis and a couple others, sorry but Mercedes are junk any more. Again I said Gotta are great bows they are just over priced. Shawn

26-Sep-19
I always had a suspicion that Matt was clueless. Wasn't that obvious to me though....

Doesn't Hyundai manufacture the Genesis model, not Kia? Just asking to make sure that I'm not going around uninformed...

26-Sep-19
Nothing like a bunch of grown men fighting over whether their neighbor can buy a more expensive bow than them.

26-Sep-19

altitude sick's embedded Photo
altitude sick's embedded Photo
Hopefully Hoyt can invent a new cam adjustment system. And claim it as their own. It will be their best shooting bow for at least 6 months.

26-Sep-19
"I'm amused to read the naysayers when new bows come out. I believe these guys actually think that there is going to be groundbreaking technology released every year and if not it's a failure. Truth be told the bow industry has plateaued and you are not going to see any significant changes until there is some type of a new material application. We are left with incremental improvements for the most part."

Bowfreak - couldn't be further from the truth if this was aimed at me, as I'm well versed with the engineering and marketing challenges in the archery world.

Hoyt makes awesome products. With that said my dig was at the attributes Dudley marketed, basically presenting all the new features as if they render the Prevail line obsolete (some of which are trivial to the consumer ie; longer riser, and a second rest mount hole which should have been present a long time ago), which we all know is laughable because the Prevail was top dog last year. Its very difficult to market feel, which is where this bow is supposed to shine. Hence why i said marketings job has never been harder. Anyways, people will go shoot it and spread the word if its really THAT much better.

26-Sep-19
Any bow sold without static yokes should include 2 packs of mechanical broadheads, a big bottle of booze, and a letter of apology.

26-Sep-19
i Love it.

26-Sep-19
Damn boys, it's not even the off season yet! :-)

26-Sep-19
"Sorry, but that is ****ing stupid."

Of course it is, because YOU think so...

26-Sep-19
Just to clarify.....Shawn said....."Kia makes a few top end cars that blow a Mercedes away" Come on now, you have to admit that is a pretty silly statement....lol

26-Sep-19
I just have one question. . . .

What the &*%$ is a Kia?!

(I'm gonna channel TBM) Dang concrete-walkers . . . .

26-Sep-19
What the heck let’s try again.........What will the October release bring. Any leaks out there ????

26-Sep-19
"Of course it is, because YOU think so..."

Do you think a $70K 365 hp Genesis blows away a $170K 621 hp AMG S 63?

I don't.

26-Sep-19
Matt, wasn't referring to that comment, I was referring to the one just after mine - the one from "Scooby-doo" that signed the post 'Shawn' after the exclamation mark.

Might help reading the entire thread...

No leaks (yet), they are pretty tight lipped this year...

26-Sep-19
All of the newer long riser/short limb bows hold shoot better than my prevail. Recoil on the prevail was managed with weights but on these new geometry bows there's virtually no forward motion at the shot. Other than cam systems the new Hoyt invicta, PSE perform-x, Mathews TRX 38, and Bowtech Reckoning are pretty much the same bow. Pricing is within $100 on all but the Reckoning.

03-Oct-19
Shouldn’t be too much longer

03-Oct-19
Still shooting Carbon Spyder Turbo and love the bow. May be pricey but worth it in my opinion, not saying that there aren’t other good bows and brands out there but I’m a Hoyt guy. Bet the new stuff will be bad a$$

04-Oct-19
Still shooting my carbon element and don’t plan on changing anytime soon. Fun to see the “new” bows every year though.

05-Oct-19
I'm VERY interested... PSE just did some very nice stuff

05-Oct-19
I bet the powermax will get replaced

05-Oct-19
"If they want plug and play buy a Diamond for $300 and roll."

Exactly what I did, bought a Diamond for $650 back in 2008 and still killing with it.

• Sitka Gear