The last savage 24-Sep-19
Jasper 24-Sep-19
bfisherman11 25-Sep-19
Jasper 26-Sep-19
bfisherman11 26-Sep-19
24-Sep-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
My dog Bo is almost 24 years old and the last couple of years I started taking him to camp more and more because I know he loves it and of course I love having him around. Here’s a post I put on FB after spending a couple of days hunting with him. ________________________ Bo and I really enjoyed last Thursday night at deer camp soaking up the cool weather. The older I get the less important actually killing a deer is as I find myself becoming more in tune with the little peripheries of life and God’s Great Outdoors. Several things happened that would have been a big deal in years past but no longer actually even registered as a concern. 1. I lost a couple of hours of hunting time by going home to get Bo when I could have gone to camp straight from work. 2. My hunting clothes no doubt smelled like dog and flew in the face of the deer hunter’s golden rule of attempting to remain scent free. 3. A bit of comfort was thrown out the window when Bo had a tough time getting settled in the cubby hole next to my bed in the camper like he used to so I slept in a lounge chair next to him on the deck. At the end of the day no deer were harmed on this little trip but man was it enjoyable. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” #Bo’sWorld

24-Sep-19

mattandersen's embedded Photo
mattandersen's embedded Photo
I plan on bringing Boone dog to my camp but haven't yet. He's a 7 month old red lab pup.

24-Sep-19

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Buddy 3, my 5.5 month old yellow lab goes to my cabin with me. I took a doe on the opener and he was well behaved while I field dressed her.

24-Sep-19
Jasper-that sounds like a perfect day in camp! You are a lucky man.

24-Sep-19
Props to those who can, I miss my dogs when huntin and fishin..

24-Sep-19
Jasper, you have a 24 year old dog!?! Wow!

I can only camp with my dog in my camp trailer. Sleeping out with him is an exercise in sleep deprivation as he growls and barks at any sound or smell that trips his trigger. And he has a hair trigger.

24-Sep-19

bigswivle's embedded Photo
Dang sure don’t leave him at home!!!
bigswivle's embedded Photo
Dang sure don’t leave him at home!!!

24-Sep-19
Bo is really 24 years old? I need to get some of that Georgia water for my dog.

24-Sep-19
My wife and I have 3 Chocolate Lab females. 2 of them have been on numerous fly in fishing trips. The 3 of them just got back from going on our 2 week Ontario bear hunt . Outfitter is dog lover and he graciously allows us to bring them along. They do not run free and they do their bathroom duties ,in the bush . Don't want to walk in it or have anyone else ,walk in it . We walk them 3 -4 times a day . They stay in their Duluth canvas kennels ,when we are out . They are a part of our lives . Never had kids ,so they are the "kids". 2 of them are awesome deer trackers too. The older one has rode 1000's of miles with me ,when I ran grain dryer service calls on farms. I think she knows every place that sells slices of pizza and soft serve ice cream in Ohio. LOL

24-Sep-19
I really want to take my boy with me but he stays home. December/January are "his" months. I pretty much do nothing but take him upland hunting every chance I get during those months. Although it seems like any place he goes is "hunting camp". Apparently it was rabbit season this morning! ;-)

24-Sep-19
I did not realize dogs can live that long that’s crazy! Bo is defying the odds bring him wherever he wants to go he’s earned it!

24-Sep-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Tater goes to deer camp every time we do. She hunts in the middle of the day. :)

John, I'm feeling a lot like you these days. I'd be more apt to have my wife and the little dog in camp and smell a bit like dog. I've killed enough critters. Your priorities change as you age... and that's not a bad thing. Love that pic.

24-Sep-19
Never have seen a 24 year old dog all my labs passed on from 11 to 13 years old you are blessed Lewis

24-Sep-19
My fingers are too fat! Lol. I meant to type 14!

24-Sep-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
This our Ali She goes where we go most all of the time. Had to fix both back legs last winter not cheap but worth every penny couldn’t hunt with her last fall so didn’t do much waterfowl I would give it up if I didn’t have a dog huge part of our family kids are gone so you have to take care of something. I agree the older you get the killing part get less and less important.

24-Sep-19
Been taking my English cockers with me for a long time, except for a western hunt. Hunt whitetails early morning or evenings and the tail feathers during the day, has been enjoyable and that is what it is about.

24-Sep-19

bfisherman11's embedded Photo
bfisherman11's embedded Photo
My dog Robbie was 16-1/2 on June 4th, will be 17 on 12/4/19. He has been my constant companion since I got him as a pup. I always say he picked me out. He has been to my hunting camps since 2003. I even took him to TX when I went Javelina hunting, he was a big hit with everyone. He is not much of a fisherman though, something about the boat I guess.

Now he has kidney issues, stomach and bad hips as well. I am trying to keep him going but want to make sure he is happy and having more good days than bad. He has been a bit off his feed the last few days, his dang hip is a problem and sometimes I have to help him get up. Having an older dog is both good and bad. Even at his age I can't imagine going to my hunting place without him. This picture is from years ago, he has a lot more grey hair now. Ha, so do I.

Bill

24-Sep-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Alright, my boy is ready to go for next time!

24-Sep-19
Mine goes and he's always packed and on time.

24-Sep-19

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
Yes I do !

PS: That ain’t my buck that the yotes had for dinner.......

24-Sep-19

The last savage 's embedded Photo
The last savage 's embedded Photo
I've thought to ask the same question before....my dogs are my" never say die" ,fearless companions. We have 4..I always take at least one. They've helped me unbelievably in the past. Hell yeah...dog up! Matriarch Ivy...

24-Sep-19
Love all the pics! bf, have you tried CBD oil for Robbie? It has worked wonders for Bo’s arthritis and energy!!!

25-Sep-19
Jasper, Actually we just started that a couple days ago (Thanks for mentioning). My daughter suggested it. The first day we tried it I put it on my finger and he licked it off. I joked with my daughter that he fell asleep and I ate a bag of chips after. Ha. Actually we all know it won't do that to you but my daughter got a kick out of my joke. I have always been the square guy (to some) who doesn't really drink and never did drugs.

Another thing I would like to mention if you guys have an older dog that gets picky on eating. We started this Raw food diet. It comes in frozen patties from some pet shops. I believe there are several brands now but I believe it is healthier for them, has more nutrients and we don't have to worry about it coming from China or whatever with no good food regulation. Robbie was eating less and less and lost weight, I knew he was getting weaker as well. I spoke to the breeder I got him from and she suggested this raw food diet. Honestly, he licks his bowl clean now. I think he has more energy. He has to get past this current issue with his hip, that has slowed him down this past week but he is a resilient little cuss. Sorry if I diverted the thread a bit but we all love our dogs! Bill

26-Sep-19
bf, it may take several weeks for the CBD to take effect, may also need to experiment with the dosage. I also give Bo Dasuquin, turmeric, coconut oil and green lipped mussel bites. I mix it in his food and he takes of fine

26-Sep-19
John, sent you a PM

• Sitka Gear