Chuckster 26-Sep-19
Herbhunter 26-Sep-19
Tody 26-Sep-19
Matt 26-Sep-19
Silver 26-Sep-19
Matt 26-Sep-19
butcherboy 26-Sep-19
26-Sep-19
My wife and I are prepping for a 5-month road trip around NA with our 1-year old son (yeah we’re nuts). We’re trying to decide whether or not to bring our bows with us as something relateively inexpensive to do, but it depends on space in the vehicle (Oh yeah - our trailer is 5x9’...little tight) and how many ranges we’re likely to come across. Coming from northern BC, where there are only a few ranges spread around the province that are open to the public, I wanted to check to see if this is the case in the lower 48 as well.

I’ve done a quick search for a directory of archery clubs and haven’t had much luck. We’ll be heading down the west coast in February, crossing the southern states in the spring, coming back up the east coast in April/May, and coming back across Canada/northern US in May/June. Any thoughts about this would be appreciated.

Ag

26-Sep-19
Ag, post your question on Archery Talk if you don’t get a response here. Good to see another B.C. poster. Kurt

26-Sep-19
There are lots of great ranges in Colorado...

26-Sep-19
We have Ben Avery Range in northwest Phoenix and Usery Range in East Phoenix along with a few other archery ranges throughout the state. Ben Avery and Usery have walking courses that are open year round. Arizona Archery Club in north Phoenix has a 40yd indoor range. Good luck on your travels.

26-Sep-19

Herbhunter's Link
Get in touch with me on your drive thru Colorado and we'll take you out for a free round at our club near Denver, Colorado. https://www.facebook.com/FrontierArcheryClub

26-Sep-19
You will probably come across a number of archery ranges if you just pay attention to what's in the area you are traveling. If you are trying to save space, consider grabbing a recurve and having that along during your trip. Not sure if that's something you are interested in, just a thought.

26-Sep-19
There are a number of nice public ranges in the San Francisco bay area, Pacifica, Kings Mountain, Bowhunters Unlimited, Black Mountain and Briones to name a few.

There are a few ranges along the Hwy 5 corridor, but not sure about public/private aspect.

26-Sep-19
Thanks for the input everyone! Sounds like there will be options.

Tody, we’ll have takedown trad bows, so space isn’t terrible that way. But we’re in a tiny trailer pulled with a Toyota Tacoma, and already planning to bring mt. Bikes, climbing gear, and all sorts of kid stuff (need a trailer just for that I swear!).

I suspect we’ll bring the bows...with that done now I just need to convince my wife that hog hunt at Shiloh is a good idea.

Ag

26-Sep-19
Bowhunters Unlimited is very trad-centric

26-Sep-19
If you go through NM, there is one in Albuquerque and a good one in the northwest corner in Farmington called Xpert Archery that I frequent.

• Sitka Gear