elkmtngear 10-Oct-19
KHNC 11-Oct-19
Z Barebow 11-Oct-19
LINK 11-Oct-19
KHNC 11-Oct-19
Jaquomo 11-Oct-19
LINK 11-Oct-19
26-Sep-19
Has anyone used these to access elk hunting spots? How do they work? Just starting to research.

26-Sep-19
May even have use for whitetail hunting?

26-Sep-19
Saw game wardens writting tickets to those using them on national forest closed roads. Only been allowed on blm lands, not national forests.

26-Sep-19
Stix, that depends upon the specific forest and who's doing the enforcing. It's not that way everywhere.

26-Sep-19
This topic has been beat to death on this forum already. Try a search.

26-Sep-19
If you do a surge, you’ll find any number of lengthy threads on here.

Nobody has an issue with them on Private land.

Most people who currently hike in quite a ways are pretty unhappy about seeing them permitted in the high, lonesome areas which are currently off limits to “motorized” vehicles.

The drainage where I hunt (in the rare event that I can get out there) has gotten to where there is 4-5X the pressure that we had 20 years ago, just because of the additional cow tags, and it’s dedignated Wilderness Area. If E-bikes were permitted on the trails up to the edge of the WA, the pressure would no doubt increase very quickly, and I’m enough of a cynic to expect there would be ample numbers of people “accidentally” straying over the line.

So I’m definitely not favorably inclined.

26-Sep-19
The laws have changed recently. they are now legal anywhere a regular bike is legal. Including national parks and forests. But , you better buy a heavy duty version if you get one. Vibration on rough roads will cause many problems on ebikes.

26-Sep-19

WapitiBob's Link
They are now legal on Dept of Interior lands, they are still classified as motorized on Dept of Agriculture lands ie; Forest Service.

Link to the Interior Dept Order:

https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/files/elips/documents/so_3376_-_increasing_recreational_opportunities_through_the_use_of_electric_bikes_-508_0.pdf

26-Sep-19
GF, ebikes will likely never be permitted in designated wilderness areas. Regular bikes arent even permitted in those areas now.

26-Sep-19
I used one for the first time this year on my hunt in northwest Colorado on BLM lands. I didn't really need it to get into places where a truck or ATV wasn't allowed, but it enabled me to cross several wide open areas quickly and silently without spooking animals. In several of these places it would have been impossible not to scare everything nearby in either a truck or an ATV. Several times I witnessed ATVs spooking animals from a long distance and I'm sure the drivers weren't even aware of what happened. I'm going to post a story of my hunt before long and I will include more info on how I used the e bike.

26-Sep-19
I know that; I also know that WA boundaries are routinely violated when people figure they can get away with it.

And where my brother and I hunt, an e-bike would provide a staggering advantage over human power, inside of the line or out.

26-Sep-19
I wouldn't use them anywhere that an ATV isn't allowed.

27-Sep-19
Like with corner crossing, some Ranger Districts enforce it, others don't. Mine doesn't enforce it on closed USFS roads. But you will get a ticket for corner hopping.

I find it somewhat funny that some of the most outspoken anti-assist bike voices on other threads are also some of the most vocal advocates of illegal corner-crossing...

27-Sep-19
Very true

27-Sep-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Seen this the other day at one of our local sporting goods stores. They're very spendy.

27-Sep-19

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

27-Sep-19
Thats why not everybody is going to run out and buy one. Plus, it's a hard ride in most places, even on ATV roads. You have to be a good MTB rider, strong and able to negotiate loose rocks. I fell pretty hard a couple days ago riding in to hunt on an ATV road that even ATVs don't attempt anymore because it's so eroded.

27-Sep-19
^sounds like you didn't get hurt too bad? Seen last week the news story/video of the motorcycle rider on one of those very narrow, rocky mountain trails going over the side. He survived but it was scary.

27-Sep-19
Just a skinned knee and bruised elbow. Had my bow on my pack and it was fine. Unlike on a motorcycle you are usually riding very slowly to negotiate the rough terrain so most "crashes" are off to the side when a rock goes out sideways or losing traction on a side-sloping road/trail.

Unlike an ATV, these tools are not just something an inexperienced fat ass jumps on and rides through the woods. You must have your spit together unless riding a groomed road.

27-Sep-19
And vibration is an absolute bitch on the bike!! I had a back tire come off after a six mile ride back to camp last week. Jumped on the next morning , hit the pedal, boom! Tire fell off. Handlebars constantly were getting loose too. Constant issues. If that tire would have fell off while riding , could have been terrible.

27-Sep-19
KHNC, what bike do you have? I have a Rambo, ride it all the time in rough, nasty terrain here where I live in the NoCo mountains, and have never had any issues except a flat tire when a spike went through it.

27-Sep-19

JL's Link
Jaq....here is that recent story I was talking about above. It was in your neck of the woods.

27-Sep-19
jaq exactly!! trails are eroded because of atv's and ebikes . eco system is very delicate in the west. get em out of the forest

27-Sep-19
Ha! Lamb, show me one single trail anywhere on the planet that is eroded by a low pressure, low speed, fat tire ebike and I will give you my mountain cabin. Horses do 10,000X, more damage to trails than ebikes would, even if every horseman were riding an ebike. Learn something before you spout off.

27-Sep-19
i have walked many trails torn to shreds by horses. NEVER have I been on a bike trail that was difficult to walk because of tire track caused erosion. And I have walked a lot of miles in my 62 years.

27-Sep-19
My experience is the same as several others on here. It's not easy riding an ebike on your typical mountain rocky hiking trail. They really shine though riding in place of an ATV or even a pickup. Obviously quieter and less intrusive.

And they are downright fun to ride. At home I'll start out on a 1/2 mile ride to the post office and start tooling around and end up riding 10-15 miles just for fun!

27-Sep-19
Wish I had one

27-Sep-19
Jaq x 2

27-Sep-19
BTW. It would be great to do a “search” on here but there is no way to do that on bowsite. ????

But here is a link to a recent discussion: https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=246843&messages=17&state=Co

27-Sep-19
txhunter.......just type in Bowsite, then your search topic. Usually works pretty well that way.

Do you guys that use ebikes, put Slime in the tires, or would that not help with the flat tire issues?

27-Sep-19
I've found that the fat tire bikes (e.bikes or not) rarely ever get flat tires. At least I have never got any yet, in the same places where I was getting flats with smaller tire bikes. So, in my case, I do not use slime.

28-Sep-19

eBike John's Link
Hi Folks, I would be happy to answer any questions on ebikes if you have any. I've been selling electric hunting bikes to bowsiters for 2 yrs now and offer a generous bowsite discount that you can unlock by reaching out to me.

I'll attach a link to a blog I once shared in an earlier thread for anyone curious.

28-Sep-19
John will fix you up.

I installed tire liners instead of Slime, Tuff Goo, etc. The only flat I've ever had was from a puncture that neither Goo or the liner could stop. I also carry a patch kit and a couple compressed air cylinders because there are lots of sharp granite and quartz rocks where I ride and hunt.

30-Sep-19
Anyone try the UBCO bike? Very impressive from the youtube videos...but $$$...

ubco.com

30-Sep-19
I have been corresponding with John about an upcoming purchase which I am researching. He responded twice on a Sunday! When I pull the trigger, I know where I will be shopping. (And I will post pictures of my new addition!)

30-Sep-19
I'm tempted to pull the trigger also. I have some spots along open FS roads that are "places without faces" so to speak. I don't dare park my 4-wheeler or pickup close by and give away my honey hole. I've been hiking down the road a mile and bailing off in the trees if I hear someone driving down the road. If I had a decent bike I could just stash it in the trees. Seems I spend more energy every year evading other hunters. This year I used waders to cross a river everyday. It got old fast, but I was into elk sign as soon as I got across. Had some close calls but never did get a shot.

01-Oct-19
David A, I just looked up those UBCO bikes. I had seen them a year ago but they were only available in New Zealand and Australia, but i see they have a US location now in Eugene OR. but boy that is pricey, $7K + tax + shipping.

I would recommend a good mid drive ebike for climbing all terrain.

01-Oct-19
I dealt with John and picked up an ebike. Can't say enough good things about dealing with him. Really believe he helped me find a value proposition I couldn't find elsewhere with Bakcou Mule. Very happy with it. These things are machines. I've loaded 100 pounds onto it (besides my body weight) and you don't even notice a difference in performance. Packed out a mulie in minutes. I hunt whitetails carrying in my stand on a pack and go about a mile effortlessly and quietly. They really are an impressive workhorse. The walk assist mode is a feature I use way more than I thought I would. Definitely something I would recommend making sure you have on an ebike as a hunter. The derailleur guards are important. Mid drive motor, and of course it already comes with a rack that you're going to want. A lot of times our provincial parks are closed off in elk season and I've spent up to an hour and a half walking a road in the darkness to get to where I want to be. That will be like 10 minutes in the future ;) It's crazy what they are capable of. I've tested it going for miles and miles where there are no trails, through tall grass I thought a lot of times "well if a bike will fail this is where" nope, this thing just keeps right on rocking. I love it.

01-Oct-19
I also ordered one from John. He was super helpful.

02-Oct-19
Hey APauls, thanks for the kind words. I will have to post that as a review on my site! :)

02-Oct-19
I’ve been on my bike all week and it’s the best thing ever for deer hunters. Except that I freak deer out because they don’t hear me coming and they freak out when I cruise by my food plots.

I have been strapping my bow to my pack but yesterday I installed a bow rack on the handlebars and I like that way better. I’ve had no issues at all with my bike except the charger went bad. Got a new one off amazon for 30.00.

e-bike John has been terrific and everyone should consider him first if you are shopping for a bike. You won’t regret it.

02-Oct-19
Pat, which bow rack did you install?

02-Oct-19
This year I had the opportunity to help pack out a monster bull with 2 guys who had e-bikes. I have to say, the whole experience changed my opinion of them. These guys easily covered about half of the distance on their e-bikes with full bone-in quarters strapped on. The bikes saved a ton of time and effort.

John, once I convince my wife that an e-bike is a necessary purchase, I will be contacting you.

Matt

02-Oct-19
Jaq, I was using the E-Ninja from China. West Houston Archery shop in Tx sells them. I borrowed it from a friend.Not near the quality of a Rambo. I have tested those in Denver at No limits archery. If and when i buy one, it wont be the E-Ninja.

02-Oct-19

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Handlebar rack
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Handlebar rack
Just a cheap Kolpin bow holder. 40 bucks.

02-Oct-19
Jaq - I wonder if we will need to case our bows while on E Bikes her ein Colorado? Since they are 'motorized'?

02-Oct-19
Pat, thanks for sharing the bow holder you use. I'm asked every day for a come set up and there are not many options.

cnelk, 750 is not motorized. i know Jaquomo has a 750 Rambo so he can go anywhere a regular bike can go because it's considered a class 2 ebike and not motorized. if you have a 1000 watt then yes, that's motorized.

02-Oct-19
Are any of the models better suited for larger riders? I'm 6'-4" and around 240#. I see the Rambo is rated for 300#. That doesn't leave much capacity for a moderately heavy pack, or a large hind quarter. Do any have a higher rating?

Matt

02-Oct-19
“ 750 is not motorized. i know Jaquomo has a 750 Rambo so he can go anywhere a regular bike can go because it's considered a class 2 ebike and not motorized“

That is true on BLM and national parks. Not true on national forest. At least not yet. Talked to the San Juan Forest office in Durango and the told me they were writing tickets for any ebike on nonmotorized trails

02-Oct-19
The tow behind trailer is a good way to carry more weight without strapping it to your body. I have an old child carrier trailer that I plan to fit with better tires, lose the child seat and retro-fit a game carrier. $5 at a garage sale.

02-Oct-19
txhunter- I'm sure there will be those who just pay the fine and consider it the "cost of doing business", so to speak. They'd rather pay the fine and save all that work. Kinda like the folks that payed the fine for not buying into Obamacare! ;-)

02-Oct-19
I just got blocked and kicked off the bha Colorado Facebook page for having a differing opinion than their "sportsman oppose ebike legal use" on trails position. If your not drinking their Kool aid, your not welcome in their "diverse" group of Dems.

02-Oct-19
jaq you always have the answers??? the ebikes and 4 wheelers go every where there not supposed to go. many forest service roads no motorized vehicles but there tracks are always there. i'd much rather see someone riding a horse by me than a fat arse on an ebike crying my knee hurts me

02-Oct-19
lamb- I didn't know my arse is big? Although I have had two knee surgeries, it has been a few decades since I cried. Carry on.

02-Oct-19
Lamb - didnt you drive your 4WD pickup across the fragile ecosystem of the West to retrieve your elk whole this year? Or was your hero photo on the elk meatpole an optical illusion?

Show us one photo of an ebike track where it wasn't supposed to go. You're making stuff up.

02-Oct-19
For that matter, show us one photo of a fatass on an ebike anywhere.

02-Oct-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Here's lamb protecting the "fragile ecosystem of the West" while resisting an ebike. His "hero shot". Nice work. I packed my bull out on my back. On foot. And my knee hurt like hell for the 25 days I hunted. On foot. In deadfall. And I'm 65 with a metal hip. Go cry somewhere else.

02-Oct-19
The opportunity to tear up the earth is far greater with an ATV than a bike of any kind. "Joe Hunter" is not going to get far off road/trail with one before he gets hurt. You don't just swing a leg over them and take off into the rough stuff. A tiny bit of practice plus winches chains etc and "Mr Fat Ass" can take an ATV and tear up the woods if he so chooses. I truly believe people raging against these bikes are afraid that some of us older and experienced hunters who can no longer walk and pack miles upon miles just may give younguns some competition in the woods. It is just another tool to use if you need it. The majority out there choose to shoot wheeled bows because it is easier and they see no issue there even though there are MANY issues that modern bows bring to the table. QUIT whining and help form management plans for them.

02-Oct-19
Do you hide them in the bush while you’re hunting ?? Or just park it and take the keys and don’t worry about someone stealing it ?

02-Oct-19
“The majority out there choose to shoot wheeled bows because it is easier and they see no issue there even though there are MANY issues that modern bows bring to the table. QUIT whining and help form management plans for them.”

Yup.

JMO, there’s human power and there’s motor power. I don’t care how much.

If e-bikes play by the same rules as ATVs, I can’t object. If I find one in a wilderness area, I’ll be sending a photo with GPS coordinates to the nearest ranger station.

02-Oct-19
Some of you guys amaze me.

Our entire way of life is under constant attack and you’re worried about eBikes? I think some soul searching may be in order.

03-Oct-19
I would bet an insane amount of money that a fat tire ebike disturbs the ground less than a horse. And makes less noise. For that matter it disturbs the ground less than a pair of boots. It’s like the anti-baiting deal. I get it if you’re against it because you don’t like it, but don’t claim it’s because of science. If you’ve got an ethical dilemma against baiting that’s one thing, if you’ve got an ethical dilemma with Ebikes (??) ok, but don’t claim they’re gonna rip up the ground. They are better for the ground than an elk walking through a meadow. A fat tire bike basically bends the grass and moves on. They’re not 1000cc dirt bikes that do burnouts every time you start em up. Claiming otherwise simply proves your ignorance to the actual product.

03-Oct-19
Adam..... I’ve been around the Bowsite since it began in the mid 90’s. The Michigan forums rose and swelled in numbers of guys who frequented there. Threads on baiting became extremely heated at times...... Then came crossbows..... Now the Michigan Forums are a ghost town....... Good people left because they got tired of the fighting.

Now some guys want to bitch about electric bikes ?? Hunters are consuming ourselves..... We’re our own worst enemies. It’s been that way for a long time.

03-Oct-19
Amen. And the end is just a matter of time.One more generation perhaps.Two max.

03-Oct-19
Yup, I just read some of this thread with amazement. Heavy use is what erodes trails, no matter what the mode of transport is. Some modes do it faster than others. I've seen trails in the Adirondacks, and in Washington State, eroded down a couple feet or more just by foot traffic alone. Horses do a number on them. That said, I am sticking to foot hiking, and mt. biking on roads to the trailheads. I'd rid horses if given the opportunity. IME horses don't spook game as much as you'd think. I have ridden right up to bulls on horseback in cover, not out in the open of course. But the horse noise did not scare them in cover. But I don't need to drop $4K for a motor bike yet, not until I get that metal hip... ;) That's just my choice, IDCWYD. I agree though, the amount of bitching and infighting is amazing to me. We are all in the same game here.

03-Oct-19
Glad to see there's at least a few sane people on here. The only people who claim horses are less destructive are outfitters who hate the idea of DIYers being able to access the areas they frequented with their large horse strings and camps and horse owners who now see competition for their "remote" hunting locations.

03-Oct-19
Grey Ghost- have a Rambo 750 (bought from ebike John) and it works fine for me, 6'4" & 350lbs. If I use it fully unassisted, it will be slow (7-8 mph) on the steepest hills in Eastern Pennsylvania

03-Oct-19
Thanks for the info, Dale. I suspected the capacity ratings are on the conservative side. I think the rear rack on my buddies e-bike was rated for 55-60#, yet it handled an 80# elk hind quarter with no problems.

I caught my wife in a good mood last night and mentioned buying an e-bike. She only rolled her eyes, which I took as a clear green light to start shopping. ;-)

Matt

03-Oct-19
John thank you for your input here. Im currently recuperating from my first knee replacement, looking next week to find out about stenosis surgery and then my 2nd knee replacement. Although you haven't mentioned M2S bikes, Im looking at the Kush 750 and the All terrain pro 750. M2S is outfitting quite a few Archery shops here in Pa. Have you ever had the chance to review either or any M2S bikes? Thank You

03-Oct-19
I don't think anyone has a real problem with ebikes as long as they stay where they belong - on motorized trails. What is ridiculous is when people claim they shouldn't be classified as motorized, yet the only reason they own one is because they have a motor. That all said, I think they are an awesome tool and I wish I had the money to buy one. Someday when (if) the prices come down I'll be in the market.

03-Oct-19
GG- I know if caught my wife in a good mood, I would not be talking e-bikes! LOL! Back to the subject. I have doing my research. It seems like the e-bikes that are truly designed for hunting are conservatively spec'd. If I were in your shoes, that is where I would focus my efforts. (And skip the street bikes or "universal" bikes) Mid drive motor might give you additional load margin vs rear/hub drive. (But mid drive typically costs more) My mantra, buy once cry once.

03-Oct-19
Z,

I have the same mantra. I've never regretted buying the best of the best once the financial sting wore off.

Some one educate me on the fat versus normal tire sizes. My 2 buddies had one of each. The only difference I noticed in performance was the fat-tired bike required 2 people to load and unload it from the truck. It seemed they were equally capable on the trail. Are there advantages to the fat tires that I didn't realize?

Matt

03-Oct-19
"Are there advantages to the fat tires that I didn't realize"?

All I know, is they go flat just as easy as the skinny ones. Found that out, when I apparently rode over a cactus this Year.

03-Oct-19
I saw two "bikers" this year on these E-bikes in places you would never think about. Imagine goat hunting terrain, well, they were way back in there on a trail that goes in. They took them across log bridges (pushed I assumed) but man, they were way back in there. They weren't hunters, just weekend warriors. Opened my eyes, you're not peddling into those areas.

03-Oct-19
Fat tires are a way better ride. More stable, softer, safer ride (I run mine about 12-15 lbs pressure), better traction on side slopes on washed out, eroded ATV trails. The softer feel of low pressure lets you ride over rocks and small logs. I can easily load my Rambo into the back of my truck by myself, but prefer a dual rack made for fat tire bikes. I have thinner tires on my conventional MTB but fat tires are the only way to go for a true hunting bike.

03-Oct-19
What Jaq said. And I own a bike shop, work on bikes every day.

04-Oct-19
Its amazing to me the crazy things you guys get so easily offended by.

Some of y'all are no better than some of these crazy haired millennials searching for things to be offended by.

FFS, lighten up Francis

04-Oct-19
I'm with NoWiser.......................................well said!

04-Oct-19
Thanks for the info, Lou. I was wondering if the fat tires required more effort to keep rolling, but apparently not so much.

So, are Rambo and Quiet Cat pretty much the cream of the crop for hunting e-bikes, or is there a lesser known (and cheaper) brand of equal quality?

Matt

04-Oct-19
Pretty sure my Bakcou Mule somehow has like "puncture proof" tires. On a hunting bike I'd want fat tires for sure. Even when you put a load on, that load is now distributed across 3x the surface area. Hitting a muddy puddle with a bunch of weight could be fun on small tires.

04-Oct-19
I love the features on APauls bike but it's pretty spendy. There are a few things I don't like about the Rambo - low pedal clearance compared to some others, lack of a true "walk assist". But it's a solid tool and works well.

04-Oct-19
Low pedal clearance can be a real issue. The E-Ninja bike i used in NM had decent clearance but i still slammed a rock with a pedal on a steep downhill. I am very experienced from years of MX and Enduro racing as a younger person, however , I can foresee that as a problem for many.

04-Oct-19

eBike John's Link
Hi Dale, It's true I rarely mention M2S. It's me being selfish. i don't sell M2S, but full disclosure, it's not because I don't think they are good. it's because I have tried to sign them up as a supplier and they said no. A few times. They are a very small operation and produce only a couple of containers a year so they mostly are on pre-order so they prefer to manage all the sales channels themselves. My opinion is very positive, since I don't sell them I have no real feedback from customers but from what I see they have all the right components and have a good variety of bikes at affordable prices. I would think if you were to go with a M2S bike you wouldn't be disappointed.

This last year I have sold many Quietkat & Rambo Bikes, but I've sold more BAKCOU Mules than both of them put together and the feedback from hunters is phenomenal. Never have I sold something that customers are compelled to take pictures and send me the pics by email so they can share how much they love it. It really has to impress for people to take that step. Usually when we are happy with something we paid a lot of money for we are happy with it and that's that, but if there's an issue we will certainly voice our opinion. So to see the pics and videos that arrive it really must be going beyond expectations. I recently bought a very expensive laptop for work and it looks and works great. It would never occur to me to take a picture of my new laptop and email it to my electronics store to show my appreciation. That's what is happening when I sell the Mule. here's a link to the Mule in case some of you are wondering what the hell I'm talking about :-)

04-Oct-19
I may be selling my Rambo and getting a Mule. If you plan to use it on public land, get the 750 watt. That's a Class 2, which is considered non-motorized by the feds, the Deparment of the Interior (BLM. National Parks) and states that regulate them. When the USFS gets around to figuring them out and permitting them wherever MTBs are allowed, pretty sure they will stick with Class 1-2.

John, question - can the Mule be downgraded to Class 1 by disconnecting/removing the throttle, like my Rambo?

04-Oct-19
@eBike John

Question - what A/h battery would you recommend for a bike? I see there are some with 11.6 Ah, others with 10.4 Ah, some with 14.5 Ah

04-Oct-19
@Jaq, The wiring is the same system, where you connect the color coded wires to each other. So yes, it's the same.

@cnelk, the bigger the better. Since it's the battery that determines the range you get per charge the more range the better. Since most batteries now are 48V the Ah is the one the differs. a lot of guys now choose a larger Ah battery so they have that extra range and don't need to carry an extra battery in their backpack. the larger the battery the more expensive but if you can afford it it's usually better in general to have a battery with more range. A quick trick to gauge how much range you can get on a battery would be to double the Ah number. the result would be roughly the amount of miles you get on a full charge, ona flat terrain with throttle only. so an 11.6Ah would be roughly 23 miles. Obviously conditions, terrain, rider weight, uphill, extreme cold etc can all impact the range of the battery, so to be safe guys will rather have more range in the bike than they need to avoid cycling it back.

04-Oct-19
Nevermind. I saw the answer on the website

04-Oct-19
The one and only thing I would caution against the bigger battery is weight. Not that the weight itself matters, but the fact that the weight is higher up on the bike. Depending on your biking ability and agility, and terrain you'll be using it in a number of factors come into play.

I carried my pack on my back with my bow. Any weight you add, and the higher you add it makes you very high center. Once you start to go, you're going and you can't reverse it easily like a nimble city bike. These batteries are HEAVY. I wonder what the weights on them are. Any weight you add for battery is adding weight higher up on the frame. I biked through some stuff I should never have taken a bike on, but I wanted to see what it could do. I had to bail twice, and the first time I was very lucky I didn't look like a dead ram tumbling down a mountain. With a pack on your back and hunting boots on your feet you sure can't dismount a bike as quickly and efficiently as a person is used to.

Just a word of caution.

04-Oct-19

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo

04-Oct-19
@Bake, Usually the 17" frame would be suitable for someone in the height range of 5'5" to 5'9" and the 19" frame from 5'10" and beyond. The mule is a little different. Since the designed the bike around the Ultra motor so it performs as well as it can, the smaller overall frame would not allow the motor perform at optimal levels. So to still cater for the shorter range the frame is the same except the seat tube is shorter (the metal tube that the seat fits into), so the seat height is lower to the ground. The Mule stand over height is 26" and the seat to floor height is 30" and 32" respectively (17" v 19").

04-Oct-19
Adam, that's good advice, thanks for sharing

04-Oct-19
John your truthfulness and positive remarks are a breath of fresh air. I certainly appreciate it. Im sure you just earned yourself some new customers just by being honest. Thank You

05-Oct-19
John, What is the weight of that Mule? I don't see it in the link you provided.

05-Oct-19
Dave I believe it’s listed at 75lbs but I weighed mine at hunting weight at 71

05-Oct-19
Dale, After allowing a local bike shop to inspect the specs, to my surprise, without hesitation they confirmed what EBike John stated M2s bikes were good products. I bought my M2S All-Terrain 750 last November and love it. My first hunting trip wouldn't you know it I woke to 4" inches of fresh snow. I took a deep breath and off I went. It was a breeze. For the remainder of the week, I would trade off with my middle aged son and he would travel on to his stands . He immediately announced his desire to own one, which he now does. I haven't invested in a trailer yet but I will in the future. My son this summer hung stands by pulling them in his sled 3/4 mile with the 750. They struggle in soft mud like any vehicle, however they perform excellent in the ditch along side the road or trail, anywhere there is grass or gravel. BTW: I'm 62 yrs old, 6ft, and 300lbs

05-Oct-19
Thank You Danny! Im looking at that 750 or the Kush. Glad to hear this!

05-Oct-19

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Bought the 750 just took delivery finished final assembly today . Now if the raining spell would quit could get out and ride .

05-Oct-19
Nice! And the fenders and rack come standard equipment with it right?

05-Oct-19
Yes they do and lights And kick stand battery charger . Going change the seat , looking for one with suspension. Adding a bow holder on the handle bars, panniers

07-Oct-19
I hate all you guys. I'm leaving bowsite. I'd have a lot more money if it wasn't for all you positive reviewer type people :)

07-Oct-19
Bake

Success in archery through expense!

07-Oct-19
Ive gotta tell you I so look to early retirement next spring. Ive had bad knees for 10 yrs., while at one time 3 kids in college. Im a steelworker and if you miss a day you dont get paid. Couldnt afford to get fixed back then. S&A is $300 wk. Left knee replacement last month, neurosurgeon tomorrow for stenosis treatment, then hoping to get right knee before I retire. So when I see the bikes it means I can hunt and I mean HUNT! It doesnt make it easier for me to kill, like say a crossbow or rifle. I have more access.

Between Ebikes, snowtrekker tents and vintage Bear bows, my wife may never see me again starting next year:)

07-Oct-19
One cool thing is that if you are hunting where there is legal ATV access you don't need to haul an ATV around. Just pop the bike in the back of a pickup or on a rack (mine is on a rack behind my camper), hop on, and go.

08-Oct-19
Use a little bit of Yankee ingenuity and you should be able to make a trailer combo for your pedal mountain bike. Save the $3.5K for the money to make the trip and get a new bow , binos, range finder, camo, arrows, broadheads, tent, sleeping bag, .....

08-Oct-19
That's one of the more attractive aspects, Jaq. A bike and small Honda generator to charge it at night take up very little room. If someone offered me a nice ebike or ATV, I'd take the bike every time. I could see a use for them on almost every hunt I've done in the last 5 years. Someday...

With studded tires would an ebike have enough power to tow a sled with some fishing gear and an ice auger in it? I have not had the opportunity to ride one yet.

08-Oct-19
Nowiser. I only use assist when really needed and rhen only the lowest amount, which will give me 30+ miles of riding. So I only have to charge it with the little Honda generator occasionally, when also charging my camper battery.

I bet you could tow a Jet sled with auger and some gear if you could find 4" studded tires. In low gear and highest level of assist they have enough torque to climb a tree.

08-Oct-19

Outdoordan's embedded Photo
Outdoordan's embedded Photo
I built one and had a blast with it this year. I think I left bow at camp and rode bike a couple of times, lol. I think there is some misinformation about ebikes on trails. Ebikes are fairly heavy, and with a backpack it is extremely tough to ride on any technical trail. We rode logging roads and bugled/called. It was great until I called in a Grizzly to 30-40 yards.

08-Oct-19
M2S is located about 10 miles from me, near Arden NC. I have been tempted to by the 750 for a while now. Durability is what i was concerned about. they look great and i am glad to hear they are indeed good choices.

08-Oct-19

David A.'s Link
Cool lifestyle...

08-Oct-19

David A.'s Link
More on the UBCO bike, I'm impressed although ya' it's not cheap.

08-Oct-19
I know e-bikes are relatively new, but like Lou, I have never seen any damage from one. If you compare them with what a herd of cattle, elk or a string of pack animals will do, we should all applaud the e-bike. It is my opinion they should be allowed anywhere a horse can go except in designated wilderness. An e-bike does not eat or poop on anything, and what little they mash down or displace with their wheels is insignificant.

08-Oct-19
Huntcell please let us know how you like the M2

08-Oct-19
...and the battery goes dead leaving you miles in . Have to walk back, why not walk in the first place??

08-Oct-19
Tony it’s still a perfectly good bike after the battery is dead.

08-Oct-19
Going to Iowa bluff country Tommorrow check some cams and stuff will see how it handles the hills . I bought rear drive version it fairly flat were I live in Wi but mostly I went cheaper route. the center drive version is better for rough trails and inclines. Will test out the handle bar bow holder also. Will be getting panniers for it . Also need to mount some struts across the rear rack to better accommodate Lone wolf stand and sticks. Plan to use it on 500 acres to access stand sites via old farm tractor trails 2 of them go from the bottoms up to the tops. it quite a hike from house to further reaches of property and difficult to not get heated up on walk to some stands, ebike should solve that. and then there are pastures can traverse . No crops what was fields are now pastures for beef cattle. Give it a trail run next two days

08-Oct-19
I like walking myself but getting from start point A and then over to another start point B is where I'd use an ebike.

08-Oct-19
You guys definitely have me thinking about getting a bike. If they become legal on trails in the NF it just may happen.

09-Oct-19
Tips for M2s buyers: Zip ties will go a long way to quieting down the rear fender. I also found the kick stand bolts can vibrate out. replacements can be found at any good hardware store. Lock tight is a must. Maybe the best tip is never brake with the throttle depressed. It's designed to protect your drive. It can and will throw an E-code, it's an easy fix. Simply disconnect (pull apart) the brake harness near the handle bar, then reconnect. This fall while be my 2nd season with mine, wish I had one years ago.

10-Oct-19
I will say John is great to deal with. Even though i didnt buy from him, he seems very helpful and a great guy. Only reason i didnt get a bike from him was due to finding a 2018 Rambo R750 left over at a local shop. Half price and couldnt pass up. So im officially an ebike owner now.

10-Oct-19
Congrats, Kenny...you might have to wait for me to pedal, and catch up with you next Year, LOL !

11-Oct-19
Thanks Jeff, I got you covered tho buddy! ;)

11-Oct-19
Kenny-Might need to pack a tow rope and pull Jeff along!

11-Oct-19
I haven’t been down a trail in the CO unit I hunt that I feel at all comfortable taking a bike down.Some of you most hunt some well manicured stuff. The one closed road I could bike down would save me a .5 mile walk. Not hardly worth toting a bicycle.

11-Oct-19
The areas in New Mexico were very rocky and somewhat steep. You have to pay close attention , especially going down hill on rocks. I rode the brakes plenty this year! Some of the wyoming areas we hunted last year would be perfect ! We took regular bikes and about exhausted ourselves on the way in and out.

11-Oct-19
The washed out, rocky, eroded places I ride in CO are treacherous for an ATV, and some are unridable on an ATV now. I spend a lot of time in the summer learning how to negotiate and navigate around rocks and along the edges, how to use the assist when needed, or not, while carrying a weighted hunting pack. Link, until you've spent some time on a fat tire ebike, you won't appreciate what they can do.

11-Oct-19
I’m sure Jaq. I wouldn’t mind trying it but holy crap, I sometimes wonder how people are doing it on a motor bike much less I bicycle with punie tires and spokes. I’d definitely need a fat seat or there would be nothing left of my manhood. ;)

• Sitka Gear