Bou'bound 26-Sep-19
Ambush 26-Sep-19
Elite 1 26-Sep-19
26-Sep-19

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
Alec strikes again!
Alec strikes again!
I know how the paparazzi feels when Alec is around. He's messed up 5 cameras so far. Four in my cornfield. If it wasn't so annoying it would be funny.

26-Sep-19

Wait for it!
Wait for it!
Night harassment

26-Sep-19

26-Sep-19

In this pick he thinks he's Mick Jagger
In this pick he thinks he's Mick Jagger

26-Sep-19

26-Sep-19
Bears certainly have an uncanny knack for finding and messing with cams...

26-Sep-19
Looks like there's still fur on your sausage Pat ;-)

26-Sep-19
He's just a Baby! :)

26-Sep-19
On our recent Ontario bear hunt , my wife and I were baiting 3 spots. Got my bear so I was sitting with her. Barely settled in stand ,and a bear appears. Maybe 150-175 lbs. Looked at wife ,knowing full well she wasn't going to shoot him ,as she is into bow hunting bigger bears or go home empty handed. This bear had a brown patch of hair between shoulder blades . Another bear appears ,a little larger. Brown patch runs this one off. This continues until we can see 5 bears at once . They leave except brown patch . He looks over at camera ,which is strapped to tree and with one swipe ,my camera is on the ground .

Over 3 hours we have bears come and go . Finally towards dark ,we see several bears again. Wife is 90 degrees around the pine tree from me and can see bears behind us . Finally a 238 lb bear gets on bait and I see her lift her bow off hook. Game on . Bear didn't go 25 yards and long ,loud death moan. We get down and walk over to where we heard sound . Dead bear. Went for side by side, where we had our roll up bear sleigh . Got him drug to side by side and it was about dark. So since bear hide was protected in sleigh ,I tied rope to hitch and drug up to open area ,so we had some light to try to load him . Wife said when we stopped , " glad you got away from bait "as she had just counted 8 bears ,before she shot . Never in 14 years of hunting bears ,did we ever see something like that .

26-Sep-19
Is it the same bear you think? We have lots of bears up here and seem to be able to attribute most camera assaults to individual bears. Some just love taking out cams. I've put out cams in January/February and not gone back to them for 5 months, and soon as a bear wakes up in April, bam he smashes it. Middle of the bush, no human scent on it for months.

26-Sep-19
Maybe your bear will threaten to leave the country when Trump gets re-elected.

26-Sep-19
I had a bear we named asshole show up and wreck cameras 2 years in a row at the house. Had 4 cameras on baits for 4 weeks getting visited by multiple bears daily..... no damage.

26-Sep-19
BLACK PEPPER sprinkled into the battery compartment will STOP the harassment. At least it did for me.

26-Sep-19
Anyone remember the old trail timers? Those things were like crack to bears, never had one make it through the season

26-Sep-19
When are you going to kill one of those things on that property pat

26-Sep-19

Hopefully next week but it’s not easy to kill a NY bear with a bow. Mainly nocturnal and always random in their movements.

26-Sep-19
Good luck. Eventually he will wander by

26-Sep-19

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo
I have one that thinks he's pretty good with wiring.

26-Sep-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
I set a blind the day before opener big mistake came back next afternoon to hunt blind was destroyed. Broke 4 poles and ripped it apart. Put up another blind with my wife and I in it bear comes right to the blind we had a hole in it size of a fist bear stuck his nose right in it maybe 5 inches from my wife’s leg so not good. Then had a bore circle it twice stuck his nose against back of blind couldn’t spray him window was up. You want excitement sit in a nylon blind I will never ever ever sit in one again. Had it camouflage good doesn’t matter.

• Sitka Gear