Huntcell 13-Oct-19
Mike Ukrainetz 13-Oct-19
Mike Ukrainetz 14-Oct-19
Mike Ukrainetz 20-Oct-19
cmbbulldog 20-Oct-19
Mike Ukrainetz 21-Oct-19
27-Sep-19

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
Dan Edmonds 2019 buck, 190 gross score, heavy, heavy!
Dan Edmonds 2019 buck, 190 gross score, heavy, heavy!
Here’s how we did on our mule deer bowhunts. We run them for just 2 weeks, Aug 25 to Sept 6, four hunters per week, 8 total hunters. The hunters this year did well for shot opportunities and seeing lots of 160 and mid 170 class deer. We were a bit short on the 180+ type deer but did see a few of them and even chased around a 200+ incher. Overall it’s a fun hunt, see lots of other critters in the fields too, moose, elk, whitetails, bears and the occasional wolf, cougar.

27-Sep-19

Mike Ukrainetz's Link
I know Dans deer pic is distorted like a Chucky Adams pic, blame that on guide Gerard getting fancy with his picture taking. Two other hunters passed on going after this buck because they thought he was maybe 170, certainly not over 180. Whoops... 44 inches of mass. Only 22 inches wide outside.

27-Sep-19
Always look forward to see the gagger muleys you guys kill, Mike!

27-Sep-19
Is it easier to get permission to go on private land to hunt mule deer then it is for the moose?

29-Sep-19
We get permission on about 80% of the private land available and we end up with permission to hunt hundreds of thousands of acres of private land for both moose and mule deer. We just don’t have permission on every piece of land where we see every moose or mule deer.

29-Sep-19

John Hawthorne 2019 with his heavy 3 by 3.
John Hawthorne 2019 with his heavy 3 by 3.
This was John’s first mule deer hunt and he put in a few days trying to get a giant 200 plus incher but he couldn’t resist this heavy buck when him and guide Josh spotted it. One short stalk and a well placed 45 yd shot and it was his! Happy Hunter!!

29-Sep-19
Congrats to you hunters. I'd love to come up sometime...dream hunt for me. The bodies on these seem huge. Have you weighed any of these? What's a mature buck dress out at?

29-Sep-19
Nice!

30-Sep-19
That's what I was thinking too Bill. That 3X3 looks "heavy" in both body and horn! Nice mule deer, congrats to the hunters.

30-Sep-19
^^^^^ Am I missing something here?

30-Sep-19
LOL! Isn't that special??? :)

30-Sep-19
No friggin way am I hitting that link button!!

30-Sep-19
The writing sounds like TBM

30-Sep-19
mandi has obviously hunted with Mike.....HAHA!! I want to hear her next explain Albertian coins....

30-Sep-19
Is mandi a guide?

30-Sep-19
I’ve hunted with Mikes’s. Never once did we have anything “rehashed”. The food was fresh every day! She IS better looking than the guide I had, though ;-)

30-Sep-19
Well, well Mandi, very exciting stuff on a bowsite thread!! I decided to live dangerously and clicked the link, Buy Movie Jackets on a broken link. So weird...

30-Sep-19

342 lbs whole, not gutted
342 lbs whole, not gutted
Back to bowhunting muleys. Yes these deer are big bodied. Killed one myself this fall and weighed it whole. 342 lbs and definitely not the biggest we’ve taken.

30-Sep-19
that should facilitate few trackers!

30-Sep-19
biggest whitetail Ive taken was 300 even, live weight. 342 is a small horse. Ill be looking for one of those! See you soon

30-Sep-19
The last 3 whitetails we weighed whole went 305, 315 and 320! Lots to eat up here and you need to be big to survive 40 below.

30-Sep-19

Kelly Wendtland buck from 2017
Kelly Wendtland buck from 2017
We wish we had weighed this buck! 360? 380? Maybe more. A giant body and a 214 score rack, 8+ inch knobby bases!

30-Sep-19
Mandi Mandi Mandi

Mike Mike Mike

01-Oct-19

Bustalung's embedded Photo
My first mule deer, 164"
Bustalung's embedded Photo
My first mule deer, 164"
I was one of those hunters fortunate enough to chase around one of those 200+ inchers, what a blast... Later the same day I was able to seal the deal on my first ever mule deer and couldn't be happier. Mike runs a first class operation, surrounding himself with quality people. I cant wait to go back. Thanks Mike!

01-Oct-19
Mike, do you conduct hunts that go into the season further, when the antlers are hard? Thanks. TK

01-Oct-19

Grateful, Mark checking out his 2019 buck.
Grateful, Mark checking out his 2019 buck.
Thanks Mark! You were a pleasure to have in camp. Hope to have you back soon! We have just one spot left for mule deer in 2020. Half full for 2021. Sorry TrapperKayak no hard horn hunts from us, you can peel off the velvet and have it stained, looks great from a good Taxidermist or lots of hard antler hunts in Southern Alberta, right till Oct 31.

01-Oct-19

200+?
200+?

01-Oct-19

13-Oct-19

Mike Ukrainetz with his 2019 buck
Mike Ukrainetz with his 2019 buck
Here’s my buck from this past fall, 2019. I took him after my bowhunters were all done. He was feeding in a drowned out, short pea field and bedding in a 2 1/2 ft tall barley field, perfect for stalking. My wife Jen was with me that day and we didn’t get a chance to watch him bed but after some diligent searching we found him bedded with another buck, 3 hrs later, almost getting busted several times I was able to get into position for a 30 yd shot. It was very windy and I ended up hitting him a bit back and had to chase him down for a 2nd, 40 yarder. Jen got it all on video, 187 2/8 gross score. Very happy to get him! (As an Alberta resident hunter I have to draw a mule deer tag. Even I can’t use my non resident only outfitter tags, they are strictly for non residents to promote tourism in Alberta. I could have drawn after 7 years but waited a few more years to make sure I had time to hunt and drew it after 10 yrs.)

13-Oct-19
Wow, nice bucks! Can't believe it takes 7 years to draw a resident deer tag.

13-Oct-19
Awesome bucks Mike! Congrats on the buck as well Mike!

13-Oct-19
Super nice buck. Long time to wait while putting so many guys on great bucks. You need start rubbing shoulder with the gov at the Capital, he can slip ya a special governor tag every now and then for all the tourism you bring to the province.

You deserve it!

13-Oct-19
There is some limited over the counter zones for archery mule deer in Alberta but not many and they get a bit crowded. They never should have put resident bowhunters on draw! They should have left it wide open across the province and kept the hunting pressure spread out all over. I’m a resident bowhunter first then an outfitter!

14-Oct-19

20-Oct-19

Aaron Austin with our best buck from 2018
Aaron Austin with our best buck from 2018
We have one spot left for a mule deer bowhunt in 2020, Aug 31 to Sept 6, $7760 USD total hunt cost per person.

Thanks for the congrats on my buck too! Very happy with it!!

20-Oct-19
Great bucks, congrats to the hunters.

21-Oct-19

Dan Edmonds with our actual biggest buck from 2018
Dan Edmonds with our actual biggest buck from 2018
Dan's buck grossed 185, Aaron's was 182 so close. We also got another 180 deer the same week. Dan killed the 190 this fall too! You'd think he would smile more ? haha

• Sitka Gear