Scrappy 28-Sep-19
Grubby 28-Sep-19
Hunt98 28-Sep-19
Grubby 28-Sep-19
Overland 28-Sep-19
Scrappy 28-Sep-19
mgmicky 29-Sep-19
27-Sep-19
On my body harness I have quick release leg connectors.

I see most RC Harness do not have the quick release (although some do)?

Is a quick release leg strap not a good idea for a RC Harness?

27-Sep-19
Any pics of it, Hunt98?

27-Sep-19
I don't think that would be a feature you'd want on a rock climbing harness and that's why they don't have them. Most Alpine or mountaineering harnesses, which are very similar do have them because they're meant to go over snow gear instead of essentially yoga pants that climbers wear. Black Diamond BOD is the best harness I've ever had, for climbing, roofing, or treestand hunting, but I've only had 3, so not tons of different experiences. Do yourself a favor and buy a big wall ascender too.

27-Sep-19

Hunt98's embedded Photo
Hunt98's embedded Photo
T-Roy, here’s an example.

27-Sep-19
Would definitely make it easier to put it on and take it off, but the regular ones are very simple to get into and out of already. Like Ben h stated, I’m not sure it’s a feature I’d want on mine just on the off chance of it becoming accidentally detached. I don’t think if it did become detached, it would be a major fail, but it could be, IMO.

27-Sep-19
I think the Black Diamond Alpine Bod harness is what you're looking for.

28-Sep-19
Quick release buckles on leg straps are for ease of putting the thing on with boots. That Fusion looks nice except for the price. I use a Vario Speed Harness and it works well. Similar to BOD with less crotch straps for slightly easier coffee release.

28-Sep-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Overland is correct. "I think the Black Diamond Alpine Bod harness is what you're looking for."

28-Sep-19
I have that alpine, it looks like they changed it a bit. Things I don’t like are the waist belt buckle (I’d rather have an actual buckle) And the attachment point on the front..... this will hang down and snag on steps on your way down. I’m going to add a strap to keep it out of the way. It does have nice points to hook a lineman’s belt which most don’t.

28-Sep-19
I was just reading about the BD Alpine. It looks like it does not have a Belay Loop.

Where do you attach the tether?

28-Sep-19
I attach to the webbing loop between my legs.

28-Sep-19

Overland's embedded Photo
Overland's embedded Photo
Grubby and Hunt, you use a locking carabiner to attach the lower section to the waist belt. This is where you will attach your tether as well. The genius of the Alpine Bod is that it can be put on over anything quite easily. If it had a belay loop this would not be possible.

Its primary use is in mountaineering objectives where one is wearing crampons. I use this harness for all of my treestand hunting and have also used it for some general rock climbing. I'd recommend it.

28-Sep-19
Grubby do not use the side loops for hooking a linesmans belt. Those are accessory loops only. THEY WILL NOT SUPPORT YOUR WEIGHT. As well as if hooked in correctly the loop between your legs will not catch on anything. PLEASE READ AND WATCH INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEOS ON HOW TO USE.

29-Sep-19
X2 what Scrappy says! I actually cut the loops off mine so they won’t get in the way and there is no chance of accidentally clipping into them in the dark

• Sitka Gear