GF 28-Sep-19
JohnMC 28-Sep-19
Grubby 28-Sep-19
SixLomaz 28-Sep-19
WV Mountaineer 28-Sep-19
JL 28-Sep-19
drycreek 28-Sep-19
28-Sep-19
It’s obviously fall. The road I live on sees very little traffic most of the year but from mid September to mid November it’s nonstop. It’s all private, not that that will stop some of them. If any deer are visible from the road no matter what size they are they will stop and look usually honking to get a look at the head if it’s not visible. Most aren’t happy until they have run everything off the field. Most of these guys are driving around with no headlights in stealth mode. Grouse seem to be fair game and will get shot even in my yard. There’s definitely not enough warden presence around here!

28-Sep-19
If it is indeed a private road, is there a sign at the road entrance that says "private road"?

28-Sep-19
No, it’s a county road, private posted on both sides. Nothing I could do about them driving by but I wish they would just go hunting instead of riding around

28-Sep-19
A lot of that going on around here too. Road hunting for ducks...lol.

28-Sep-19
It is annoying.....in Wisc. they still allow spotlighting. You have guys shining spotlights at all hours of the night regardless of the laws. I`m 1/4 of a mile off the road on a steep hill and I still get lights in my windows.

I have no idea what purpose spotlighting deer has in the modern hunting world. It invites less scrupulous people to do unethical things.

28-Sep-19
No more so than it used to, I suppose....

Bad behavior just sucks to be around; even worse when people bring it into your home uninvited and you can’t even do anything about it.

Bummer. Hope somebody has a good suggestion for you....

28-Sep-19

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

28-Sep-19
I might resemble that a bit but I’ve been driven to it. Thursday while walking back to the house after hunting I got shined. Maybe that showed them that there might be someone around when not expected

28-Sep-19
Gates with remote access will do the job. Resident only can drive thru.

Oh ... you have to careful with your word choices as today even an angry look may land you in trouble. Next thing you know is a newspaper article on how local police + SWAT, were able to apprehend a dangerous hate speech criminal plus the amount of guns and ammo they found onsite proving his malevolent thoughts and intentions. After a stint like that you will have trouble voting, traveling, and even owning a stick. Welcome to the liberal "land of the free" impure thoughts.

28-Sep-19
That was funny John.

28-Sep-19
Use to shine alot in Florida growing up and much later shooting deer under a state depredation permit. Back then it wasn't a big deal to just go out and look at the deer at night. Under the permit, shine the peanut field and go for it. You'd be surprised how deer will get on a freshly turned over peanut field at night...hogs too. It can be a stampede. The farmers didn't think too much of the deer and hogs eating their crops.

28-Sep-19
Yeah, me too Grubby.......

• Sitka Gear