Trophyhill 28-Sep-19
midwest 28-Sep-19
Mossyhorn 29-Sep-19
Jaquomo 29-Sep-19
Ucsdryder 29-Sep-19
Bowboy 29-Sep-19
jrhurn 30-Sep-19
28-Sep-19
Go away!!!!! Elk hunting in a 20-40mph wind sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28-Sep-19
Tell me about it Tag of a lifetime in unit 9 Az The last 5 days it blowed, and boy did that bLOW!

I did get close to some bulls mid day by still hunting in heavy cover.

28-Sep-19
It sucks even worse when it comes out of all 4 points of the compass every 5 minutes. Ask me how I know...

28-Sep-19
PoudreCanyon I know. Been happening all morning. Did manage to mess up a 10 yard shot for my friend because I’m dumb! Maybe we’ll find an elk dumber than me tonight.

28-Sep-19
Yes, WY wind seemed to never let up except for a window here and there...Capitalize on that!

28-Sep-19
I have experience bull bulges on the days less wind. When it is so windy no bulge at all

28-Sep-19
Seems like the younger generation of hunters don't pay attention to the wind. They just go in after the elk regardless of whether its blowing four different directions at once. Don't those YT videos ever mention anything about how elk can smell?

28-Sep-19
Loud calls are key in the wind. Head on a swivel is key as well. Sometimes they'll bugle and work their way in, and sometimes they will come in silent. And sometimes they will bugle, but you won't hear over the whistling pine needles and oak or Aspen leaf's. But one thing is for sure, they are callable, and killable wind or no wind. We just have to adjust our tactics, or go pout at camp.....

28-Sep-19
Was antelope hunting in Wyo a couple days ago and I thought the wind was going to blow me off the top of some of those ridges. Still digging dirt out of my eyeballs.

29-Sep-19
Wyoming was rough several days, during my hunt. Couldn’t hear a thing! Had a big dead tree fall 20 feet in front of me! Kinda scary at times but man, it’s tough when you’re trying to listen for bugles!

29-Sep-19
Three big trees fell by us while we were butchering my bull. My sweetie had her head on a swivel..

29-Sep-19
Round 3 of wind today was another bust. Eff you wind!!!!!!

29-Sep-19
Yep, I just back from hunting mulies this weekend and the wind was howling. I could've shot two Bulls yesterday. I guess it's good my wife has a life insurance policy on me.

30-Sep-19
Saturday and Sunday in SW Colorado was rough elk hunting. Not only was is screaming but hit every direction. Sunday we were watching Aspens drop

• Sitka Gear