lunatic 03-Oct-19
ben h 03-Oct-19
JusPassin 03-Oct-19
Habitat 03-Oct-19
pointingdogs 03-Oct-19
Cliffhanger 03-Oct-19
Jasper 06-Oct-19
30-Sep-19
Hey guys, I have this 10 year old youth that I am taking out for youth season here in Iowa. He has no camo clothing. He has some heavier ordinary clothing but maybe a little too heavy for the early season. This kid weighs "maybe" 60 pounds soaking wet. Wondering if anyone out there has some youth clothing that they are looking to unload. Let me know what it's worth and I'll pay shipping also. NOT looking for anything really expensive, just starter clothing. Thanks in advance.

01-Oct-19
TTT

Hope someone can help you out with this. I've still got 4 small boys in my house and we are using/reusing everything we got! Thanks for taking a kid hunting. Good luck!

01-Oct-19
I'm in the same boat as SBH or I'd gladly send you some! Hopefully someone digs something up!

01-Oct-19
Goodwill usually has sweatshirts. Buy one a size bigger than normal and put it on over their normal jacket.

I do feel a little bad that I'm wearing a couple hundred dollars worth of hunting clothes/boots, and my son is wearing the same hand me down sweatshirt that I wore back then.

01-Oct-19
I bought my son a leafy suit jacket and pants...he just wears that over regular, temperature appropriate, and fairly quiet clothes. He grows too fast to invest in youth hunting garments.

01-Oct-19
What is his size? Youth L, XL , etc? I have some stuff that I would send you but it may be too small for a 60#’er.

01-Oct-19
Will gladly go thru my sons camo for ya. He just turned 13 and had major growth spurt . 5'10 and 150 ! Lol.. let me know what size ya need and I'll send anything he has. !! Mike

01-Oct-19
You guys are the best. Thanks for all the response. His mom says that he is a youth size 10 (on the larger size) for clothes. He weighs probably 80 lbs. Let me know if anyone has any in that size and I can PM you my address. Thanks once more.

01-Oct-19
Unfortunately he’s too big for my kids outgrown wardrobe I have. He’s the same size as what my daughters in now. I’m sure some one can help here.

02-Oct-19
What part of Iowa I may have some for sure I am near Chariton/Knoxville

03-Oct-19
Decorah.

03-Oct-19
Greetings from Long Island Ny. Package sent out this morning. My son was more than happy to help out . Should arrive in Monday's mail ! Hope everything fits . Good luck and be safe . Mike and Joe

03-Oct-19
Some good people on this site !

03-Oct-19
That's great you're taking a kid out with you. I don't have any kid camo clothing to offer, but I've for the most part quit using camo and have not really seen any difference. Any light brown, or carhartt color clothing should be just fine. I get a good laugh at all the black and really dark green in some camo clothing. The easiest thing to see in the woods is the guy dressed in that stuff walking around.

03-Oct-19
And herein lies the push for youth seasons, a whole new market for the sporting goods manufacturing industry.

03-Oct-19
I was throwing around the idea of a outdoors equipt swap website where you pay a rate depending on cost of what you are selling but youth clothing and equipt would advertise for free.A craigslist for outdoors only but not just like a classifieds.Seems like all the online sites are either unsecure,corrupt or taken over by new items being sold

03-Oct-19

pointingdogs's embedded Photo
pointingdogs's embedded Photo
Thanks once more for all the responses. If you think that youth season has to do with "clothing" you're way off. Nothing better then getting a first time hunter out there and seeing him/her take a turkey or deer.

03-Oct-19
PM me your address and I’ll drop some clothes in the mail after I return. Will that work for you?

Rich

06-Oct-19
Martin, I’ve given most of my kid’s old clothing away but I’ll look. How’s he set for hunting gear? I take it you’re taking him bow hunting? Thanks! John

• Sitka Gear