Kodiak 08-Oct-19
Kannuck 08-Oct-19
Mule Power 08-Oct-19
Joey Ward 08-Oct-19
Mule Power 08-Oct-19
Joey Ward 08-Oct-19
Mule Power 08-Oct-19
01-Oct-19
I would like to purchase a wall tent and stove by next season. Any recommendations on a manufacturer or options on a tent would be appreciated?

01-Oct-19
Denver Canvas

01-Oct-19
If you want cheap and don’t mind heavy, get yourself a surplus Arctic squad tent.

They’re kinda dark inside, though, so you need a liner....

01-Oct-19
Davis Tents in Denver. They have a frame kit that is easy and not too expensive. Get a rain fly.

01-Oct-19
PM if you’d like and I’d sale you mine. Think mine is 12x16 with the floor

01-Oct-19
Davis Tent in Denver - They will custom make you any size you want

01-Oct-19
i bought the kodiak 10x14 flexbow tent. its easy to set up. packs well. and is very durable.

01-Oct-19

houndy65's Link
I bought 3 tent from these guys this year, great tents and awesome prices.

01-Oct-19
I have been using a Montana Canvas and pole set for about a dozen years now. If you take care to dry it after each use it’ll last forever!

01-Oct-19
Another vote for Davis Tents.

01-Oct-19
Davis Tent.

01-Oct-19
I have a 12x14 Davis and 3 Dog by 4 Dog Stoves. Great stuff!

01-Oct-19
Wall Tent Shop. Wilderness models. Great tents at great prices.

01-Oct-19
Only one I’ve owned is a wall tent shop it’s never done me dirty.

01-Oct-19
Davis tent. Mine’s 20+ years old and still in great shape. They will also fix anything you do to it for a cheap price.

01-Oct-19

svrelk's embedded Photo
svrelk's embedded Photo
X2 Montana canvas with frame... 12x14 is perfect enough for 4 people... Mines up between spring bear and fall around 4+months a year.. I built a reinforced plastic fly that's large enough to give me a vestibule out front and 18" eves. I can camp in any weather year around... Just keep the woodpile stacked..

01-Oct-19
Davis with the entry fly.

01-Oct-19

KC9's embedded Photo
KC9's embedded Photo

KC9's Link
I bought from this guy 4 years ago. Very happy with it. Got the 14x16 and we had 4 guys in it for two weeks. Doors both end, two windows, insect netting for summer. I also purchased the fly he offers. Great to work with, helpful

02-Oct-19
Ditto KC9. The Wall Tent Shop has really nice tents and way better prices than anyone especially since shipping is free. I own one and used dozens outfitting.

As far as wood stoves I like the Outfitter model Cylinder Stove. If you want the next size down which is the Hunter you’re better off price wise going with Camp Chef. Plus theirs comes complete with warming shelves, stove pipe, damper and spark arrester.

02-Oct-19
Thanks guys

03-Oct-19
Another vote for Davis, and with your lead time they can make you what you want....

03-Oct-19
Davis

04-Oct-19
look at Artic Oven....

06-Oct-19
10 x 14 Kodiak .... $400.00, best tent ever. I set it up (out of the box) by myself, for the first time and it took me 7 minutes. They advertise 5 minutes, but I'm a bit slow at everything.

I use it on a 10 day hunt with extreme winds and sideways rain and even snow .... worked like a charm ... no leaks.

06-Oct-19
Davis tent 14x16 with stove, you will be a happy camper.

06-Oct-19
I have been fully satisfied with my 12x14 wall tent from the Wall Tent Shop. They have a great product, are very helpful and the price is as good as it gets. I would go back there if I needed another wall tent.

08-Oct-19
I love my Cabela's Alaknak! Used to have a canvas wall tent. Sold it bought my Alaknak… no regrets.

08-Oct-19
To Me a nylon tent is for when you need to minimize weight for packing. Can’t imagine not wanting a real wall tent for a base camp.

08-Oct-19
Not a wall tent, but we like to use our Eskimo popup ice house for truck camp elk hunting. This year I upgraded to the 6120i (6-sided, full standing height) for our cook shack and eating space. Way more than enough room for two adults. Held heat extremely well, a simple tarp on the roof makes it mostly waterproof. It could also be used as a sleeping shelter with cots, more than big enough. Last year we used an older version of the 949i, 4-sided, full height. The 949 still works for 2 adults, but can get a little cramped with all the excess cook/camp gear my dad likes to drag along...

08-Oct-19
My Cabela’s Alaknak is way harder to heat and not nearly as cozy due to vapor build up, as my wall tent. Same stove, fuel, etc.... you’ll burn twice the fuel for less heat over all, shorter comfort times, and have more condensation then with a canvas wall tent.

08-Oct-19

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo
I've got a 14x17 Montana canvas. It's really held up well over 15+ years.

08-Oct-19
I had the exact opposite with my wall tent. It had way more condensation than my Alaknak. I have no trouble heating it with my 3 dog stove.

To each their own.

P.S. I wouldn't consider the Alaknak a nylon tent... it's more like half way between nylon and canvas. I believe they called in Canvak? Anyway I wouldn't trade mine for 2 canvas wall tents having owned both.

08-Oct-19
There is zero condensation in a canvas tent. ???

I’ve had puddles on the floor of an Alaknak. Took my Leatherman and punched holes in it.

08-Oct-19
Mule Power, it didn't have windows?

08-Oct-19
Yes but when it’s a high camp and it gets cold out you don’t open them.

08-Oct-19
Unless you need a little ventilation, I'd say. Last I saw they had zippers around them. Just peel one or two back a bit.

But if sticking a blade through a $700 tent is easier for you...………………………………………..

08-Oct-19
I’m not a fan of sewn in floors anyway. Or solid ones like nylon or a tarp. I use mesh tarps. They keep the dust down and let the moisture pass through.

• Sitka Gear