ARROWONEPY 04-Oct-19
Slate 04-Oct-19
Michael 04-Oct-19
Bake 04-Oct-19
HH 04-Oct-19
Sandman20 04-Oct-19
Drop Tine 06-Oct-19
02-Oct-19
I'm looking to take a few days off to deer hunt here in NW Wisconsin. As of now, November 11th is one of the days. If you were to pick one or two more days to hunt, what would you pick?

02-Oct-19
I’d take November 12th and 13th. If you have weekends off that gives you a nice little 5 day hunting vacation. Enjoy !!

02-Oct-19
Agree with big bear

02-Oct-19
I don't agree. 11-12-13 is full moon. I would take a couple days off earlier. I would take off Friday the 1st, then maybe the 4th or Oct 31-Halloween is a great time to kill a deer. I also think bucks cruise more Pre rut than later, but every place is different, not sure the rut in your neck of the woods, but I would go earlier.

02-Oct-19
November 11, "Veterans Day" is always peak here annually...

02-Oct-19
Always like 9th thru 16th

02-Oct-19
If you can be flexible, I would be looking at the weather forecast and picking my days based on that anytime during the first couple weeks in November. That's what I'll be doing.

02-Oct-19
The 5th of November has been very, very , good to me over the years here in SE Ohio. Peak breeding day according to road killed pregnant doe fetus measurement is the 10th, determined by studies done by the ODNR.

03-Oct-19
If your employer offers the flexibility, waiting until you can see a forecast would be best.

If not, I would go after the 11th purely because we "should" have cooler temps later in the month. Halloween and the first week of November are great if we get cold temps but I've been burned in the past by taking early time off and then sitting in 70 degree temps. I try and group my days together a little bit too so I at least have 2 days in a row I can hunt. I feel like it helps me make adjustments better vs hunt a day, work a couple, then hunt again.

03-Oct-19
Thats impossible to know unless you know the weather....hunting changing weather patterns is best...not many of us have that option

03-Oct-19
I'd personally go with the few days closest to Halloween here in NY, and the second week of Nov. in Montana for Mule Deer. Second to third week Nov. for blacktail bucks s in WA (the four day late season in Western WA).

03-Oct-19
Always hunt my birthday: November 13

03-Oct-19
I always take off from Oct 30th-Nov 16th so all these dates sound great and yes I love hunting Halloween ??

03-Oct-19
For me this year Nov 1 - Nov 10 - no work

04-Oct-19
Ok, it’s settled, we all need to take off October 25 to November 25.

Good luck to all.

—Jim

04-Oct-19
I would take Nov to make a 3 day weekend in early November before they get locked down especially in norther Wisc. I have hunted there years ago and late October was good

04-Oct-19
Sounds good to me Jim

04-Oct-19
November 7th has been my best day of all.

04-Oct-19
November 7, 8 and 9 are my FAVORITE. But I'm also partial to October 29, 30 and 31. And November 1, 3, and 4.

Then a couple days around the 15th, and I also love the week of Thanksgiving.

04-Oct-19
Everydays a Sat now as my hunt pard says often. I says “about time you got on the hunt wagon”.

K

04-Oct-19
If you hunt thick woods or bedding cover I suggest peak rut around nov 12-16. If you hunt food and more open areas I would suggest oct 27-nov 7. Pre-rut in my opinion can be better when you don’t hunt or have thick bedding

06-Oct-19
Being I live in the northern 1/3rd of the state of WI. I choose 10/31 - 11/5. I see more buck movement then than in the later part of the month when the bucks are in lockdown.

• Sitka Gear