Wasatch west vs east
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
tkjwonta 03-Oct-19
BULELK1 03-Oct-19
wildwilderness 03-Oct-19
BULELK1 10-Oct-19
03-Oct-19
I hope this is a relatively simple question. If you were planning to have a UT wasatch LE elk tag in your pocket some day, and you wanted to snag a general season deer tag to help jump start your scouting, would you pick the Wasatch east or west? My current thought is that the east might be better for elk, but I like some areas of the west for deer.

03-Oct-19
As I'm sure you already know TJ ---------> the Wasatch LE is 'uge and holds both deer and elk.

No doubt you will draw the Gen Bow Buck tag before the LE Bow Bull tag, sooooo as I do not know the odds for a Non-Ressy drawing the Bow Buck tag, one would think you could draw both deer tags over a few years before drawing the LE Bow Bull tag so maybe go for it that way?

Good luck, Robb

PS--edit, ya know you could do the Spike/cow OTC bow tag (not restricted to Only the Wasatch either) and hunt all over the Wasatch/most other LE units too, every year till ya draw the LE bow Bull tag-------> just a thought man, like $398.00 tag fee.

03-Oct-19

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
If elk was the main objective I would look in the east. I do like deer in the west though since I know it better, and more accessible above timberline areas to hunt velvet bucks.

10-Oct-19
It's been brought to my attention, now that I am back home from my elk hunt, that my cost is off by $10

I wasn't sure what the Non-ressy license cost was when I typed last week, as you have to have the Non-Ressy hunting license to buy the OTC elk tag or any tag for that matter.

So it's more like $408.00 for both--------->

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear