greg simon 04-Oct-19
Cliffhanger 04-Oct-19
Buskill 04-Oct-19
Grey Ghost 04-Oct-19
Cazador 04-Oct-19
longspeak74 04-Oct-19
cnelk 04-Oct-19
04-Oct-19
Looking for an inexpensive set of rain gear for my Whitetail sits. Any thoughts on the Frog Toggs? Cabelas also has their Space rain gear on sale this week as well.

04-Oct-19
My experience with Frog Toggs is that they are made from a rather noisy fabric. I have a set in my truck for emergency use, but do not use them for hunting. I did buy a new wide brim Frog Toggs hat in Bottomland camo to use as a hunting rain hat. I much prefer the Space Rain gear for whitetail hunting.

04-Oct-19
Frogg Toggs are very loud. Cabelas Space Rain would be my choice. It is light, packable, and reasonably quiet for rain gear. Don’t plan on busting any brush with it though.

04-Oct-19
Noise is not what I need. Will check into the Space Rain.

04-Oct-19
I’d pickup the Space Rain while it’s on sale. It’s a better option than the Frog Toggs, IMO.

The Toggs are OK as a set to keep under the console of a boat or under the seat of your truck for an emergency, etc.....IMO.

Toggs are like wearing a suit made of tyvec. :-)

04-Oct-19
The Space Rain gear is a very good value for the money, and IMO, is relatively quiet as far as rain gear goes. Like others have noted, pick it up when it’s on sale, which seems to be pretty often.

04-Oct-19
Just checked the Cabela's site...and only one camo pattern is on sale. Oh, the injustice!

04-Oct-19
I'd pass on the Toggs and put that money towards a quality set.

04-Oct-19
like noisy paper.

04-Oct-19
Space Rain for sure.

04-Oct-19
What Bou'bound said, I have toggs with my fishing gear.

04-Oct-19
Frogg Toggs are good for rifle hunting and bassboat applications. They aren't subpar, but not the best choice if you want to keep noise down.

04-Oct-19
If you break the Frogg Toggs in they will soften. It`s not the finish that keeps the water out but the construction of the material.

I would opt for something other than Space Rain. Even at that sale price it`s still up there. Maybe look for a set of Rain Suede somewhere, it`s quiet and won`t break the bank.

04-Oct-19
I already have a rain jacket that I am satisfied with, so I am really just looking for the bottoms.

04-Oct-19
If that's the case, maybe a pair of britches treated with durable water resistant (DWR) material might be a good solution.

04-Oct-19
Keep an eye on Camofire and KUIU closeouts. You can get some really good deals especially if you only need one piece.

04-Oct-19
Don’t waste your money

04-Oct-19
I’ve heard that Frogs leak some if you are sitting and putting pressure on them.

04-Oct-19
I've been carrying my Space Rain suit for over a decade. I've worn it high in the Rockies, down in the Everglades, and many places in-between. It's not the most bulletproof rain gear, but if you're looking for a lightweight packable suit that will keep you dry in most situations, the Space Rain is hard to beat, IMO.

Matt

04-Oct-19
I guess I'm just the opposite. I wear frog togs on all my elk hunts unless I know its going to be a wet week. Then I pack the Helly Hansens.

You can't beat frog togs for simple passing showers due to their non-existent weight.

For a treestand, I'd just get wet, wear Helly Hansen bottoms, or if it's that bad, not hunt.

Edit, have you thought about one of those umbrellas that snaps on to the tree? I've used them in SE Alaska and they work great.

04-Oct-19
Looking for something that will work in a tree stand but also work to throw in the pack for Colorado for the occasional storm. Not sure on the umbrella idea as I am both sitting and standing in the tree. I could always get an umbrella-style hat though!

04-Oct-19
Im with Cazador on FroggToggs. They work well for me in the occasional rain storm for elk hunting, and they pack well, very light.

Otherwise its my HH

• Sitka Gear