Huntskifishcook 05-Oct-19
Rich 05-Oct-19
Pat Lefemine 05-Oct-19
Brian M. 05-Oct-19
Bou'bound 06-Oct-19
T Mac 06-Oct-19
04-Oct-19
4:18 PM LIVE from Ct*
Well thought I would come out tonight and hang the stand and hunt because of the weather. I had a nice buck come in around 615 last night to my ground blind 300 yards away. So hopefully they are moving early again.

04-Oct-19
The spot I'm in is right next to a bedding area for the bucks. The tree is scary as hell. It's leaning foreword and feels like it's trying to push me out. It's maybe 10 inches in diameter and giving me one hell of a ride in this wind. Its accualy banhing into anouther tree!

04-Oct-19
The spot I'm in is right next to a bedding area for the bucks. The tree is scary as hell. It's leaning foreword and feels like it's trying to push me out. It's maybe 10 inches in diameter and giving me one hell of a ride in this wind. Its accualy banhing into anouther tree!

04-Oct-19

travistroop's embedded Photo

04-Oct-19
Probably explains the free falling picture..lol best to pick another tree, leaners bad..GL Dude!!!

04-Oct-19
GL. Just got in ourselves. After a 6 car being bang oww backup, traffic. Get to the property and there's a deer in the field, no biggie it'll be back. Start walking in and a dog starts barking at me. Landowner missed his walk this morning going now. He says he'll be quick. So that being said, should be a productive evening lol. He also said he saw a big one a few weeks ago. Encouraging.

04-Oct-19
Kinda like Xmas Eve as a kid...... anticipation, gl

04-Oct-19

04-Oct-19

04-Oct-19

Arrow has thick coat of dark blood the hit was a little back with the buck feaver I had. I'm sure it's liver. Got a clean pass through

04-Oct-19
I wish I was still shooting the hage hypo right now

04-Oct-19
Congrats and good luck tracking him!

04-Oct-19
Give it over night, frost warnings so it will be fine. I look forward to your pics with a big buck!

04-Oct-19
GL in recovering.

04-Oct-19
Good luck

04-Oct-19
If a buck is recovered here it will make history!! Heck, you might have made history with that bloody arrow pic!

Good luck Travis!!!

04-Oct-19
Smell your arrow for guts if you think the hit was back. Don’t push him if it’s a gut shot.

04-Oct-19
Good luck with recovery!

04-Oct-19
Hope it plays out ok... Its going to be cold, let him sit and go in first thing in the AM...

04-Oct-19
100% good lung some of the blood is like foam

04-Oct-19
Are you still tracking it ??

04-Oct-19
GL Travis. Hope he didn't go far.

04-Oct-19
Yep, if the coyotes are close. If you let it sit with dogs around, you will be picking up scraps if you're lucky. Good luck.

04-Oct-19
Stay on the blood forget the yotes

04-Oct-19
Travis. I know you don’t want to hear this.... but if you are still tracking him.... You probably did not hit the lungs. You initially said you thought the shot was back and the blood was dark. I can’t tell from looking at your arrow on my phone.... but it looked like there might be gut matter on the fletching. They will go a long way on a gut shot if you push them. But with coyotes in the area you might not have a choice but to keep tracking.

04-Oct-19
In my experience liver shot deer don't bed down.

04-Oct-19

04-Oct-19
Good luck man gotta Im pulling for you, you can eat the antlers Id try to keep going if your able to.

04-Oct-19
cant

04-Oct-19
100% lung blood I'm colorblind and have a hard time tracking some of the blood had good bubbles and it is spraying as Well so it must be coming out his nose. It's in really thick shit that's head high. I'm done for the night and going to try in the morning if any one wants to help in the morning I'm in Montville. The hloe time I only went in a 200 yard area

04-Oct-19
PM me for my phone number

04-Oct-19
Good luck Travis. One thing is for certain and that it is a dead deer. Lungs,, liver or guts.. dead deer. Maybe you got liver and one lung. You will find it in the morning.

04-Oct-19

04-Oct-19
You will find him in the morning.

04-Oct-19
Good luck tomorrow!

04-Oct-19
Good luck. I had a doe last year go 436yds (gps measured) on a hit that was as close to the spine as u can go on the on side lung, exiting about half way down, middle of off side lung. Wouldn't believe it, if I didnt experience it... fingers crossed tomorrow u find him!

05-Oct-19
5am.ya man dead deer. it'll daylight soon.GL again bud.

05-Oct-19
Good luck Travis! Keep us all posted! I’m sure it was a sleepless night. I’ve been there.

05-Oct-19

05-Oct-19
Back at it. I'm sitting up on a rock waiting for my help to show at 730. I'm just classing with some good binos.

05-Oct-19

05-Oct-19
I can smell that buck from Massachusetts

05-Oct-19
Damn

05-Oct-19
That didn't take long

05-Oct-19
Wtf

05-Oct-19
Hope the front end is ok. Good job finding it, bummer the dogs found him first.

05-Oct-19
That sucks dude..good job keeping on it though!!

05-Oct-19

Exit wound

05-Oct-19

Entry wound quartering away shot

05-Oct-19

Only went about 200 yards never bedded just balled up

05-Oct-19

05-Oct-19
So all and all the lessons learned are don't give up if you know it was a good shot and you never jumped him and if you hear the yotes when tracking GO TO THEM!

05-Oct-19
That’s too bad......... What are your game laws ?? I would assume that head should have a tag on it.

05-Oct-19
Ct online reporting within 24hrs. No tags

05-Oct-19
From the smell I couldn't even try

05-Oct-19
I'd be willing to bet at least the meat on the front half of that deer was fine. It was cold last night, the smell was just stomach matter, not rot.

05-Oct-19
I with you but have had bad food poisoning and every since I can't do rooting smells at all I start to throw up. I am really proud of the shot though it was a ruff shot that was straight to the six in the tree. I had to lean around it in the wind to make it.

05-Oct-19
Congrats on finding him.

05-Oct-19
I here you man. And it looks like you ended up getting a perfect quartering away shot. Sucks the damn yotes got on him so quickly.

05-Oct-19
Good buck, Travis. Congrats. Glad you found him

05-Oct-19
damn nice buck! Congrats!!

05-Oct-19
Well, that sucks. Went a long ways for a good shot.

06-Oct-19
would someone really try to salvage a few pounds of meat off that thing. that would be pretty rank and dangerous. good call to let it stay in field and be finished off by the dogs and birds and bugs.

06-Oct-19
Nice buck congrats ! Had you continued on and bumped him and never found him you’d be beating yourself up even more. Understood he was dead within the hour most likely but bumping deer sucks! I retrieved my doe yesterday morning in the cool weather fully in tact but we don’t have yotes yet thank god. When in doubt back out!

• Sitka Gear