Overland 06-Oct-19
SDHNTR(home) 06-Oct-19
bb 06-Oct-19
Mpdh 06-Oct-19
bb 06-Oct-19
Treeline 06-Oct-19
badguybuster 07-Oct-19
05-Oct-19
So, im shopping new chest waders. Does anyone have first hand experience of a brand that doesnt smell? I tried several pair at local shops and ALL reeked of chemicals. Theres no way you could use them for a big game hunt. Suggestions?

05-Oct-19
Cabelas will fade and be fine

05-Oct-19
The dryplus or breathable waders generally do not smell like the neoprene, much easier to walk around in, though may not be as conducive to walking through briars. You can remedy that by putting a pair of brush pants or thicker carhartts over them.

05-Oct-19
I always get a kick out of the fact that I can fart in a pair of waders and then enjoy several hours later when I take them off.

Oh yea. All my waders smell. Once they lose he chemical smell, hey smell like rotten, wet socks. And farts.

06-Oct-19
Your over thinking it. Buy Simms and forget about it

06-Oct-19
If they can smell the waders then they can smell you. They will be more afraid of your smell

06-Oct-19
Have had good luck with the breathable waders hunting in Alaska.

More than the smell is the noise factor. They are noisy. May make sense to wear something over them to quiet them down if that’s a concern.

Neoprene waders are less noisy and the chemical odor tends to drop off if you hang them outside in the sun for a bit and after you tromp thru some swampy terrain.

I am not a fan of hip waders. Always seem to go over the top. Really miserable.

I have lived in waist high waders hunting coastal bears and they worked much better for me. Much easier on and off and for relieving yourself than chest waders, although some of the new chest waders do have waterproof zippers.

06-Oct-19
Im looking at simms but they all have these booty things instead of boots. So, do you just walk around in soggy boots?

06-Oct-19
My breathable waders do not smell. I use LL Bean Waterfowl Pro waders. They're on sale right now and have been excellent.

06-Oct-19
If spending any time in them, buy Simms! I just got done with living in mine for 12 days straight. No smell, and surprisingly comfortable. Of course you need boots too.

06-Oct-19
Simms has boot foot waders as well as the stocking foot that you put inside wading boots. You can get them either way

06-Oct-19
Stocking foot waders are much easier to walk with than boot foot. And I would only wear neoprene in cold water, or cold weather.

06-Oct-19
Double post

06-Oct-19
Stocking foot waders and a good pair of wading boots work best and are the most comfortable for long hours.

I think the boots are more important than the waders.

I go Simms on boots and save money with the Cabelas breathable waders. Waist high run about $100 and mine last every bit as long as my brother-in-law’s Simms for much less money.

07-Oct-19
Good to know and thank you

• Sitka Gear