elkster 07-Oct-19
md5252 07-Oct-19
jerrynocam 08-Oct-19
Lost Arra 08-Oct-19
Mule Power 08-Oct-19
Hessticles 08-Oct-19
Franklin 08-Oct-19
06-Oct-19
A friend is looking to do a drop camp with his dad and asked me for ideas, I've never used an outfitter so cant really help him out, I dont believe they have any points. Who do you guys reccomend?

06-Oct-19
Eagle mtn outfitters by Gunnison is worth hunting with. It’s a draw unit but can be drawn with zero points.

I have never hunted with him but I have hunted the area he has his camps in. There are plenty of elk in the area to chase.

07-Oct-19
Check out Flowers Colorado Outfitters in Montrose, Colorado.

Drop camp has been successful and one important characteristic...he has a tremendous amount of repeat clients.

07-Oct-19
look for outfitters that either only do drop camps and/or have camps on private property

07-Oct-19
He was looking at western outdoor adventures, I guess it's a drop camp on private, anyone know anything about them?

07-Oct-19
I have been impressed with Needle Rock Outfitters. Used them for pack in and a meat haul this year. Very punctual with good stock and equipment. Didn't use them for a drop camp but they do them on both private and public I think.

07-Oct-19
look for outfitters that either only do drop camps and/or have camps on private property

08-Oct-19
I’ve hunted with Jon Sund from Eagle mountain several times. Jon is a good guy and his camps are well equipped and in good locations. The main reason I picked him the first time was because he only does drop camps. As was said, it’s a draw unit but always undersubscribed so you should have no problem drawing a tag.

08-Oct-19
J Bar H out of Meeker. May require a few points. Jeanne Horne has a top shelf crew.

08-Oct-19
This year or next?

08-Oct-19
Next year

08-Oct-19
Just read a "Outfitter Review" of a "outfitted hunt" in Idaho that was highly recommended. Claimed they were in elk every day. It`s on the front page....can`t recall the name though.

• Sitka Gear