razorsharp 15-Oct-19
LKH 15-Oct-19
LKH 15-Oct-19
LKH 15-Oct-19
YZF-88 15-Oct-19
NorCalVineyards 16-Oct-19
Treeline 16-Oct-19
07-Oct-19
I have 6 points for elk and 7 for deer in Wyoming. It will be two years before I can hunt either species and plan on buying points each year until I can go. It will probably be a solo hunt for me. I will be 54 in 2020 so I'm no spring chicken. Any thoughts on areas that I would have a chance to draw that could be done by a solo hunter?

07-Oct-19
Check out areas that could be drawn with 5 or 6 points this year. Good luck! Toprut is a good resource.

07-Oct-19
Thank you.

07-Oct-19
I could put you in a real good area but you'd have to share your points so I could draw too ??

08-Oct-19
If I were you I’d take Mike up on that for sure. Knowledge and a great spot is worth those points.

08-Oct-19
Mike's offer is gold. I'd be all over that.

08-Oct-19
Oh snap. Yep, you just found what you're looking for. Hit Mike up. He's been hard on Wyoming bulls.

08-Oct-19
Mike, I have 1 point. I’ll share!

08-Oct-19
Cheesehead Mike hunts grizzly country. He seems to need a new decoy... er um “partner” every couple years.

08-Oct-19
When you send Mike your info be sure to include your 40 yard dash time. The slower the better (for Mike)!

08-Oct-19
I’m fat, smell like cheese and pretzels and have 4 points. Let’s roll Mike! Ha!

08-Oct-19
I appreciate the comments guys. :^) The last few times I've hunted Wyoming I've been in General areas and not really in grizzly country, although grizzlies are a possibility. I was actually half kidding when I made my offer because I didn't think anybody with 8 points would actually want to share points to draw a general tag.

I didn't realize the interest my off the cuff comment would generate. I've gotten a few PM's about sharing points and I'll respond to each of them if I haven't already.

Obviously, sharing points to draw a general tag is somewhat of a double-edged sword. It would be great to draw again in 2020 but I also have to carefully consider the long term effects of bringing more hunters into the area I've been hunting...

09-Oct-19
I spent 9 points on a Wyoming general tag this year. Helped out 2 buddies from Iowa, who will return the favor via Iowa whitetail hunt. Don't sell the general tag short.....we was on bulls most everyday and an absolute giant bull for the last 4 days. Hunters all seemed to congregate at closed roads and trail heads but we could find areas all to ourselves right off the road. Pretty sure we would've had better success had we not focused so many days on one dang bull.

09-Oct-19
I’m in the same boat. 6 points and looking at 2020. Any help would be appreciated. Send a PM. Thnx! Oh...and I have a half section of prime KS whitetail ground to sweeten the pot...just sayin!-)

15-Oct-19
When I hunted Wyoming in 2012 three of us split points if I remember correctly. A lot better than hunting alone with no clue about where to go and how to get there! A very generous offer Mike! PM me if you are still interested.

15-Oct-19
Simply adding one point per year to the draw odds seems to be questionable any more. 108 seemed to take a 2 point jump this last year. I imagine others have too. There are a lot of hunters who have been sitting on the sideline that have woke up to the fact they are getting older and their dream unit isn't getting closer.

15-Oct-19

15-Oct-19

15-Oct-19
Point creep is real. People are burning 13 points in 9-10 point units. I'd let Mike average with my 11 points. Even for a grizzly unit...but I'd need to KNOW I could out run him first.

16-Oct-19
Mike, I will have 7 points next year and would be willing to point share. I am 37 years old - Live in CA but my folks have a place in Pinedale. I've shot a 389" and a 330" with my bow ( NM and NV).

16-Oct-19
Have no points after this year, but would love to jump in with a good bunch of bowhunters...

My 13 points definitely do not pay off this year....

Need redemption!

• Sitka Gear