South Farm 11-Oct-19
BULELK1 12-Oct-19
DanaC 12-Oct-19
krieger 12-Oct-19
Backpack Hunter 13-Oct-19
Snag 13-Oct-19
kscowboy 13-Oct-19
07-Oct-19
I just approved an outfitter report where the guy paid 21k for a trophy elk hunt in Utah and saw nothing but small bulls. Twenty One Thousand dollars for an elk hunt???

07-Oct-19
Sounds like Utah to me.

07-Oct-19

JohnMC's Link
Are you that was 21k each or was that the cost for both him and his dad? 10.5k still steep for a elk hunt.

07-Oct-19
Maybe he meant $2,100.00?

07-Oct-19
Top end elk hunts are in the low to high teens, a decent hunt is $9000. Outfitters are getting $2500 for a turkey hunt...lol

07-Oct-19
Mebbeso!

Some people use abbreviations without knowing what they’re saying!

And some just tend to misplace decimal points on occasion....

07-Oct-19
Kinda makes my $57 elk license seem like a bargain! ;-)

07-Oct-19
Try White Mountain Apache Tribe in Arizona. 18-20k for the hunt plus a trophy bull fee if you kill one thats 3k. But guys some don't blink at a 50k sheep hunt. I'll fight it out with the rest of the peasants for "regular" AZ elk tags.

07-Oct-19

Nick Muche's Link
Not a typo... he was taken to the cleaners...

07-Oct-19
Ouch.... People were giving me crap about posting a good deal on a quality whitetail hunt in Alberta discounted to $3,500 from $6000....

Its what people will pay I guess...

07-Oct-19
For 21k I’d expect a 350 to be tied to a tree waiting for me.

07-Oct-19
I believe that was the price tag for the ranch that cam Hanes, Joe Rogan, and Clint eastwoods kid hunted on this year and none of their bulls were that big

08-Oct-19
For 21k I'd better be getting some happy endings, daily. Not from some scraggly dude with hands like Shaquille O'Neal either.

08-Oct-19
The way the review is worded it could be the combined price for 2 people?

08-Oct-19
Not to be rude to the hunter but for a Utah muzzy hunt for 21k I would think one woulda done some serious research and spoken to last years hunters.

$21k is insane for an elk hunt that isnt some reservation or something

08-Oct-19
Jesus you can buy a 400" bull from a elk farm and have it packaged euro mounted and ready before you even get there for that much.

08-Oct-19
Exactly what is wrong with hunting these days - ridiculous. The days of dad taking kids out hunting is quickly closing and more state and federal lands are on the chopping blocks.

08-Oct-19
He got taken to the cleaners. He should have went to Dessert Ranch. Seems like he didn't do his research.

Look at the price of Tule Elk there pushing close to $30k.

08-Oct-19
DT1963 x 2!!!

08-Oct-19
Isn't that a bargain compared to triple digits for a sheep auction tag?

08-Oct-19
Id hate to add up what Ive spent chasing elk over the years

08-Oct-19
I'd rather buy a boat.

Matt

08-Oct-19
Matt..same here!

08-Oct-19
Grey Ghost and drmike, I have a 21' Sea Ray Sorrento for sale for a fifth of that.

08-Oct-19
I have a hard enough time justifying non-res elk tag prices these days, let alone guide/access fees. Can't imagine trading my truck's value for a single elk hunt, no matter how big the antlers might be.

08-Oct-19
For way less you can shoot a high fenced elk in central Alabama - guaranteed.

08-Oct-19
Not a surprising result when you start basing your cost on the expected antler size and you aren't hunting a high fence pasture. Did he even shoot a bull?

08-Oct-19
Not sure if anyone here realizes it, but this year i saw SEVERAL landowner vouchers for New Mexico sold for 15,500!! And you still have to buy the actual tag. Add that to the cost of an outfitter, and you will be up to 25k!! This was for 16A and 16D, in the Gila. When i drew the Gila tag in 2015, LO vouchers sold for 6500. Over double that now!

08-Oct-19
On the Horox Outfitters site, it looks like elk hunts are $1,000 per day for the first five days, then $600 per day if you haven't killed an elk yet and you want to continue hunting. So I'm assuming the $21,000 is for two guys for ten plus days, plus fees, tips and Dots pretzels.

08-Oct-19
Anyone who doesn't bring their own Dot's pretzels is just not prepared for a monster bull hunt.

08-Oct-19
Well I would call the outfitter good at marketing and the clients great at spending money. There is a sucker in all of us.

08-Oct-19
Does the $21,000 include coffee?

08-Oct-19
All a guy can say is take notice. Notice the trends, try and get ahead of them. There are "blue collar" animals today that won't be in the future. Take advantage now, and secure land for the future. I just want to make sure I can enjoy hunting until I am old or I die whichever is first, and that my kid(s) have the same chance.

08-Oct-19
I just bought a brand new pontoon with a 125Merc through a discount program for 20k.

Imagine how much booze and fun I will have with that thing over the next 25 years!

08-Oct-19
There are some guys that earn 21k every day! Such a great country!

08-Oct-19
In 2019, honestly a cost of 21k doesn't seem shocking for a guided CWMU elk hunt in Utah. If you ever attend the Hunt Expo in Salt Lake City, you can witness the prices that some of Utah's unit-specific auction elk tags sell for. A bid of 20k might only get the bidding started on the better ones.

08-Oct-19
Private access and LO tags. For top end elk hunts you should be paying more for the access or tag. Best bang for your buck is access to mature bulls and it is pricey as a LO tag, private ranch or tresspass fee to landlocked area. Many new guys ask here how much to go guided or want to spend $4k. For sure using that monehy for a NM LO tag then going diy is your best bet.

Seeing small bulls for that much is not ok.

08-Oct-19
Even If I could afford a hunt like this, I wouldn't do it. I have no interest in being guided on an elk hunt. Half the fun for me is figuring things out for myself. Killing a bull that someone else scouted, patterned, and led me to would be like kissing my sister. No challenge, no reward, and no real satisfaction.

Matt

08-Oct-19
If you owned a few thousand acres of good elk country and people were willing to pay $25 grand to hunt elk on it, what would you do? I’d book about four hunters a year, and pocket the $100 grand. There are a lot of people that can drop that kind of money on a hunt and it’s pocket change to them. In my view, they must have done something right and have earned a lot of money. Or maybe they inherited it, in either case, it’s their money, not mine. If they want to spend it on a high cost hunt, so be it.

08-Oct-19
Depends on the sister.

08-Oct-19
im not one of those guys make 21k everyday. I wish i was. LOL

08-Oct-19
So our nation's great gift to conservation was banning market hunting. But putting a $21k price tag on a trophy animals head is not market hunting, but rather conservation? Am I understanding our rationalization correctly? Makes a lot of sense, right?

08-Oct-19
I agree it's gone crazy, but on the other hand there are more millionaires and multimillionaires than ever. A cow elk hunt with longbow would arguably be more fun...or use your wheels, it's ok...ha! Plus you can do that in a quality unit, maybe one that isn't very crowded to boot.

08-Oct-19
It's obvious from reading the review that the cost was $21,500 for the reviewer and his dad. Still pretty steep for a poorly run hunt with bad food.

08-Oct-19
Excellent post, elk yinzer....spot on. I’m going to book mark this thread for reference, so the next time somebody points out that hunter recruitment is in a downward spiral, we can all see why. Holy hell... I can’t afford donations to stop the wolves coming in, if I have to save up $21K to go elk hunting! If there are lotsa folks making that much in a day, they sure aren’t from my neck of the woods!

08-Oct-19
Wouldn’t surprise me if that were the case. I know the top LO tags sell for $10-15K in NM...and that’s just the right to buy the license (which is another $1k or so). Add in guide fees for a week of hunting if you choose to do so and you’re looking at another $5-7k. Not sure where in Utah the hunt was, or what the supply of tags for that area is, but $21k doesn’t surprise me.

08-Oct-19
It doesn't surprise me, either, it disgusts me.

Matt

08-Oct-19
David A,

being a "millionaire" today is not what it was when I was a kid.

If my retirement accounts dont add up to more than that when the day comes for me to hang up my boots I'm gonna be really pissed.

A customer of mine just sold his lake cabin, which he spends less than 20 nights at ea year for 4.6 million. He told me he never took out a mortgage when he built it and the couple that bought it paid cash and well.

Like Charlie said we live in a country like no other. Opportunities are all around us to become highly successful if we capitalize on them.

08-Oct-19
Well, fellas. I’m the sucker you’re talking about. It was 21k per hunter and we were taken to the cleaners. Some of you are correct that if you want a top of the line elk hunt in Utah for a landowner tag, you are paying this and maybe more. We vetted the outfitter through Epic Outdoors and previous years have taken up to 400” bulls off of the place. Unfortunately, the landowner has been greedy and oversold tags and all the mature bulls are gone.

This hunt was supposed to be a bucket list hunt for my Dad and I, with plenty of 350+ bulls according to the outfitter and recommendations.

He flat out lied to us and when I called him out, he simply blew me off.

I’m a surgeon in Dallas and don’t have much time these days with work and kids to scout and plan like I used to, so guided hunts work for me. I’m embarrassed that I was taken for a fool, but decided to swallow my pride and post this so Josh Horrocks or Horox outfitters doesn’t screw anyone else.

BTW- I did shoot a bull (300-310) and I’m selling meat for $100 a pound of your interested. ;~)

08-Oct-19
It wasn't $21K for a trophy animal, it was $21K to pay for the right to hunt a specific location and a person or persons expertise(or lack there of in this case) to aid you in killing an elk.

It sucks that prices are where they are now, but this is what happens in America when demand is significantly greater than supply. I wish I was the guy with the $21K disposable income or the guy making the $21K for taking a guy hunting.

08-Oct-19
Baba,

Its probably no different for you than the average working guy saving up $2,500 to go on a guided hunt and getting screwed. You just have the luxury of having more income than he does. Sorry you got screwed, but don't apologize for having the means or the want to pay for $21K hunts.

08-Oct-19
My question from this thread is what would Grey Ghost sister say about him saying it would be no challenge for him to kiss her?

08-Oct-19
I just wanted to make this public so no one burns their preference points for his outfit or someone really blows their savings.

Come to find out he booked 14 other gun hunters (rifle or muzzleloader) and 3 bow hunters for elk this fall. It’s 60,000 acres, but I know why it’s dead now.

08-Oct-19
" BTW- I did shoot a bull (300-310) and I’m selling meat for $100 a pound of your interested. ;~) "

^^^^^ I really, really hope this is tongue in cheek because you could be adding to that $21k sting with a fine for selling wild game meat

08-Oct-19
Given the winkie face and the price per pound he listed, I'd say it's very safe to assume he was joking.

08-Oct-19
^^^ That is my attempt at a bad joke. I’m not selling and for $100 a pound, you’d be as big of a sucker as I was.

08-Oct-19
But it's "organic", Baba.

08-Oct-19
That sucks. People pay what they can and I don't have a problem with it. When my daughter was 10 she said she wanted to go on a moose hunt. I set money aside every year for the "dream hunt". She decided she didn't want to go when she graduated high school so she has a really nice car now. So what is the difference between paying this amount for a hunt or 60K for a new truck? Not much, you buy what you want and can afford. Sorry there are those out there that take advantage of others hard work.

08-Oct-19
" BTW- I did shoot a bull (300-310) and I’m selling meat for $100 a pound of your interested. ;~) " ^^^^^ I really, really hope this is tongue in cheek because you could be adding to that $21k sting with a fine for selling wild game meat

Some people are clueless... lol I agree that the winky face should have been the first clue.

Baba, good response to it. At least you are taking it in stride. It sucks that you got taken but props to you for swallowing your pride and admitting it to save others from getting screwed. I hope your next hunt is more successful.

08-Oct-19
Thanks for sharing all the info Baba. It’s all relevant be it a $4,000 dream hunt for me or a $20,000 hunt for someone else. We all need to do our due diligence. That’s the beauty of the knowledge base of everyone on bowsite

08-Oct-19
About how many OTC hunts does that equate too?

But then again, I won’t say what my Yukon Moose Hunt is costing :)

08-Oct-19
18 hunters at 21k a pop....that's huge money and big business. Unfortunately a sign of times, and I worry about the future.

08-Oct-19
Have you contacted Epic so they don’t send anyone else.

08-Oct-19
" BTW- I did shoot a bull (300-310) and I’m selling meat for $100 a pound of your interested. ;~) " ^^^^^ I really, really hope this is tongue in cheek because you could be adding to that $21k sting with a fine for selling wild game meat

Some people are clueless... lol I agree that the winky face should have been the first clue.”

Clueless Im not, it’s not something to post on the web. I’ve seen less stupid stuff than that online and people get busted for it.

To the OP, just be sure to use your gold plated dining ware when you eat that high dollar elk and it will taste even better.

08-Oct-19
Wait GG, you ran a guide service?

21k No elk on earth. Even a 450 from NZ is worth that. K~

08-Oct-19
Already contacted Epic and they were very receptive. They can only go on what they are told and appreciated the feedback. Said that had a pretty pissed archery hunter that called them this year also.

08-Oct-19
Well that’s good to know that they don’t do any up to date research.

They just parrot what someone tells them.

Scratch them off the hunt advisor list. :^)

08-Oct-19
Baba,

it takes a really honest man to admit he was suckered. I really truly hope that you get the chance to take your father on another dream hunt.

08-Oct-19
I think rosey's on vancover island in the 20,000.00 range

08-Oct-19
About how many OTC hunts does that equate too?

But then again, I won’t say what my Yukon Moose Hunt is costing :)

09-Oct-19
Not surprised at all.. Last time I checked, most rag horn hunts are $8k+.

09-Oct-19
mn_archer +1

You are a good man for getting your Dad on this dream hunt. Sorry it didn’t work out as well as you hoped. Best always!

PS: By the time I was able to go on a special hunt my Dad had Alzheimer’s so it was too late. I did make it up to him though by taking my son on some spectacular bow hunts. Do your best today it’s all we have. C

09-Oct-19
Taking your dad on an elk hunt and killing an elk is indeed a dream hunt. Who cares what the elk scores.

09-Oct-19
Big Bear maybe his Dad does or maybe he just wants to provide all that plus have a chance at 350+ bull for his Dad, pretty nice and thoughtful son.

09-Oct-19
Hope you get your Dad on another hunt - and there is no price you can put on that. Thanks for sharing your story, BTW when google Horox Outfitters your review on BS pops up so hopefully it will help somebody else doing their research.

09-Oct-19

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
I have hunted with Horrocks several times over the years. Deer, Lion and elk. I have always been treated very well as has my son and friends. People shouldn’t get confused with $21,000 vs $6,000 or whatever numbers are being thrown around. In UT you either draw a tag or purchase a tag. Tags not drawn are very expensive. It’s just the way it is.

Over the years I have personally taken 405, 349 and 347 bulls and my son a 344. I have seen bigger bulls on each hunt than what we took, except for the giant bull. Just two weeks ago I took a fine bull with muzzleloader on the second evening of the hunt. Each year the quality of bulls seems to be either better or worse than the previous year for a menagerie of reasons. It’s the same with whitetails on my farm here in the Midwest.

The tags on the unit are limited by the state and therefore the pressure is always limited which adds to the experience. Even on private land the chance to hunt true big bulls is a special experience and one I have not taken for granted when I had the chance to.

I can write a lot more but will just state my experiences and realize that others see things differently and have their own goals and expectations that are probably different than mine.

Good hunting and be safe to all this fall.

09-Oct-19
I have to save a couple months to buy a Marylnd nonresident license. ;). If I told the wife I was spending $21,000 for an elk hunt, she would have me committed before I had a chance to go.

09-Oct-19
I suppose when u break down the tag vs/plus outfitter cost it’s easy to get into that range in any of those states/units with high priced LO tags... 14/15k for a tag and another 5/7 for outfitter and guiding fees gets you to 20k pretty fast.... too expensive for my blood - that’s like a decade of DIY elk hunts for me...

09-Oct-19
There isnt an elk alive that would be worth that kind of scratch to me.

09-Oct-19
I think its great you guys spend the money on these hunts. I know you wont be in my OTC elk areas!

09-Oct-19
^^^^ I agree!

I have the $$ for just about any hunt I want, but I won't spend it. I just have my priorities. I prefer to hunt with good people and have fun! The meat or rack is just a bonus! I know others have a different perspective or goal and I respect that, but it's not for me.

Sometimes things just don't work out, and there are no guarantees in life. Be very cautious of those that say otherwise! I learned that lesson the hard way as well!

09-Oct-19
Geez.........I actually really appreciate the response that Michael had. He’s taking a lot of heat from everyone! For crying out loud he was trying to hunt big bulls with his dad and he the means to do it.

Charlie R is spot on!

Michael-Thanks for stepping up and explaining what happened so it doesn’t happen to someone else. Says a lot about your character. Also says a lot about epic. Hope you guys still had fun and made some great memories together. You never know when you’ll get to do that again, life is short. Best of luck to you on your next hunt!!

09-Oct-19
So BabaYaga posts his report on the site acknowledging that the hunt was misrepresented. No matter how much money he has it stings. Did he start a thread? No. The owner of the site who accepts the report has to throw a zinger at him for spending $21k on an elk hunt. If you were curious you could of pm’d him for the cost details. $10,500 each or 21k each. He’s obviously on the site and going to see the thread. Kudos to him for taking it with class. I’m sure the Pat/clone defenders will attack me for daring to question the Boss. Oh well. Thanks for the report and reminding everyone that research is so very important regardless the cost of the hunt.

10-Oct-19
Or did he post it to draw attention to it so others would know?

10-Oct-19
MQQSE...that is a fantastic bull elk.

I'll probably never hunt on that CWMU, but if I was considering it, the report/review of long-time bowsiter Adam Millburn would be given a lot of weight.

10-Oct-19
Ok were we go with the private land elk tags , and Indian Reservations, NV 10,000 to 15,but the price will be crashing with over hunting , and lack of trophy quality. Cal, Rocky tags 15,ooo to 30,000. some ranches have a 380 point average. , Utah 15,00 to 25,00 depending on the unit. New Mexico low end 5,000. top end 15,000. to 22,000. Colorado 15,000 to 22,000. Indian Reservations average 17,000. to 25,000, plus trophy fee on some hunts. So when you see a Fred and Wilma Tv show with every one tagging a bull on the private ranch or a hunter taking a 400 point bull on a reservation or ranch with a film crew, often these hunts cost even more due to exclusive use of the area for a period of time. In general These hunts do not represent public elk hunting in the west . Top end Deer hunts in Utah are now costing 17,000 to 30,000. and the cost is still going up with long waiting list to purchase a tag.

10-Oct-19
Where in CO are you paying 15-22k? Canned hunt?

10-Oct-19
I hunted DIY CO unit in 2018 and took home a beautiful hard earned 7 x 7 bull, all for a little less than $3000, everything included. My only unpaid guide was a grey squirrel which alerted me to the presence of a small elk herd in the valley about 900 yards out. So, to respond to the question above: "About how many OTC hunts does that equate too?", I would say 7 CO OTC hunts is the correct answer.

10-Oct-19
"Where in CO are you paying 15-22k? Canned hunt?" The Hill Ranch. Where Cam Hanes, Eastmans, Primos, and Lee and Tiffany shoot their big bulls every year.

10-Oct-19
In Montana most good elk leases cost 20-50 thousand a year. 3-6 guys . They are all leased. I have ask on 100s of places and 9 out of 10 The answer is the same! We are leased. Never once have I been mad. Just try harder to figure out a way to make it happen. Every one has the chance to make there own bed. Some do it better than others. Keep Hammering my friends. Hunt

10-Oct-19

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
Sorry for the gun harvest. Here is me and my son at Horrocks with his first elk. We had a great time and he is now pursuing a career in wildlife biology at Iowa State.

10-Oct-19

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo
Here is a pure fluke bull we took. Largest bull ever harvested on the unit and I was in the right spot at the right time. I actually helped a dear friend that same morning take first elk. I had no intention of hunting that evening but happened to be where this bull shouldn’t have been. All thanks to some good people for suggesting I give it a go. Nothing but good experiences with Horrocks. Hunting is hunting and we should remember that. I hunt for the experience and if I am successful that is a bonus.

I just want the record to be correct that Horrocks is a quality outfit and one I will stand behind for the rest of my life.

10-Oct-19
Pretty sure the San Carlos is 40k and booked out for years. I think for an outfitter there’s always going to be someone who doesn’t have the cards fall his way and unfortunately if they leave pissed they’re gonna make sure everyone knows. Josh has some great country, guides and I believe puts in a good effort to satisfy his clients. I helped a buddy in his camp last year and everyone left happy and well fed.

10-Oct-19
San Carlos sells one permit for around $185,000 and six other hunts for $40k

Impressive to say the least

11-Oct-19
I think it's hilarious...

11-Oct-19
I'm jealous as hell.

11-Oct-19
Moose, nice bulls, you need to tell your friend the outfitter to defend himself on the negative report. His saying nothing appears to be an admission of guilt. I'm not sticking up for the outfitter, I would just love to hear his side of the story. Makes no difference to me though, I'll never spend anywhere near that much money on an elk hunt.

11-Oct-19
I just want to be clear that I'm not doubting that there were big elk on the property in the past. My concerns are related to overhunting and misrepresentation for recent years and future years of hunting. When an outfitter flagrantly lies about having 350+ bulls spotted on the property and then you realize there haven't been any all year, I have issues. This is not just a fluke hunt. It came directly from the outfitters mouth that there are no big elk left. I also confronted 2 of his staff about this and they confirmed what I was seeing and said it was getting bad the year before. They said they had many other pissed off hunters having the same conversation with them. I wouldn't be writing a review if there was a shred of honesty. If Josh would have simply told me they were having a bad year and tried to make things right, I would have a completely different outlook.

I reached out to Josh and told him the exact information I posted in my review. He simply stated (verbatim)- “Was hoping you guys would have killed some bigger bulls we whacked a couple pigs after you left wish you guys would of held out for something bigger for sure” No apology, no explanation, simply dismissive.

I acquired pictures of these “pigs” and they were the same size bulls we had seen all week (probably a 300 and a 310). My Dad and I actually recognized both of them as bulls we had passed up.

I don’t like to post a review like this, but I don’t want this to happen to another hunter. I also feel like we need to protect the integrity of the sport.

Feel free to PM me for all of our scouting pictures, pictures of what we killed, and what Josh Horrocks considers a “pig” elk for $21,000.

11-Oct-19
Baba,

Thank for an honest review and I know exactly how you feel!

Best of luck and I hope you and your dad get another opportunity!!

11-Oct-19
No idea where this hunt took place but website mentions he hunts the Bookcliffs unit. That unit has fallen off terribly the last 2 years regarding top end bulls. Drought and over harvesting on the stupid spike hunt are killing it

11-Oct-19
Holy moly, MQQSE!

11-Oct-19
Honestly, the 7 times I have hunted elk have been all DYI and I would do it no other way. The experience of the hunt is what matters to me, and if I am successfull and I have done it myself? better yet. For me on those hunts, success was getting myself into the red zone multiple times on a bull that I called in. Nothing in this world can compare to it.

11-Oct-19
And we wonder why some people are drifting away from hunting.

11-Oct-19
He probably thinks your nuts for paying to hunt over a corn pile. It's all relative to what your into, ain't it??

12-Oct-19
I remember that bull Adam!!

Pig of a Bull for ya.

The Under Armour guys and Lee and Tiffany hunt with Wild Country Outfitters and they are on the famed Deseret Land and Livestock 200k acre ranch. I don't know if they pay the $25k for elk or not but man they get some Great Bulls and 190+ muley bucks.

It's under the CWMU program so anyone can buy the hunt and outfitter, there are like 22 Public draw tags for Bulls (Ressy only draw as it's CWMU)

Good luck, Robb

12-Oct-19
"For 21k I’d expect a 350 to be tied to a tree waiting for me. " Hell, for that price I want him tied up at precisely ten yards. Then cut up, butchered and flash frozen, all by a team of bikini-clad Swedish swimsuit models ;-)

12-Oct-19
Good on you Baba, for making sure the next guy doesn't get burned on a once-in-a-lifetime hunt.

13-Oct-19
Thanks for the heads up. I went through the process of screening outfitters earlier this year for an elk hunt next year. In talking to 30+ outfitters, reviewing websites, and talking to references, it definitely seems the trend is old harvest pics, lots of hunters, with just enough successful to keep things on the up and up, especially with wilderness hunts. Ranch hunts are a whole nother bucket, but trending the same. Based on what I do for a living (talking to people every day who have the opportunity to lie or tell the truth), my BS meter is very in tune, and I can tell pretty quick based on how they answer my questions if they are hedging or not. Sounds like this guy straight up lied to you

13-Oct-19
Well done Doc. Thank you for bringing to light what that ranch is like currently. I am sorry you had that experience. I think that if I could afford such a hunt I would pay it to access “great hunting grounds”. It’s too bad I say this. It’s all because of poor game management and the predation problems in my home state. Because I am sure when I am close to leaving this world I wouldn’t be sorry one bit that I paid for and had a great hunt! Then to want to share with your Dad...well it just wouldn’t get much better. Well done sir.

13-Oct-19

kscowboy's embedded Photo
A couple of friends hunted Desert Land and Livestock this year and had a great hunt. They played with bulls everyday, saw hundreds of elk everyday, and had a blast doing it. Top end bulls were in the 350” range and one of the guy had a 20 yard encounter with one. The last bull in the pic aged at 12. Place is well-managed and if a guy was going to go on one of these high-end elk hunts, this would be a good one to consider.

The bull in the first 2 pics is his 1st antlered animal with a bow. I guess being a D1 baseball pitcher built him up for the nerves and pressure!

They had celebrity hunters in camp and had very favorable things to say about them. I think those with egos and attitudes are not invited back.

• Sitka Gear