Brotsky 30-Oct-19
Royboy 31-Oct-19
IdyllwildArcher 31-Oct-19
08-Oct-19

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Elk hunting in a blizzard!
Elk hunting in a blizzard!
Had the good fortune of hunting with Ron this past September. This is Ron’s 30th archery bull from a few weeks ago. Is there a better trophy photo? This guy is tuff as nails.

When you hunt with Ron he does everything possible to get you into action before he even thinks about getting his elk. Truly an amazing man to be around and share elk camp.

Ron is a Senior Member and Measurer with P&Y Club and active in the Bowhunters of Wyoming Organization.

Ron has had the misfortune of being in two major car accidents (both the other drivers fault) when he was 16 and again at age 32 which have had serious impact on his back. The dude hunts with extreme pain every day but never complains. He lives to be in the mountains.

While I was there I also met Ron’s wife, nephew Sam, Adam and Mary Miles, Owners of “Mountain Trash” apparel company and several other great folks. I will never forget my experiences and want to say thanks.

THANKS Ron!!

PS: Also a big thanks to Forest Bows who came along to help and call elk. “Bowsite Rocks”!

08-Oct-19
Kills more stuff than smallpox and tougher than woodpecker lips! Even the grizz are scared of him.

Never got a chance to talk with him at the P&Y convention. Hopefully in Reno. Congrats again on the bull, Ron.

08-Oct-19

Some of Ron’s trophies!

08-Oct-19

I’ll post a few more pics

08-Oct-19
What an awesome pic. Fantastic!! Love that trophy room. Treadmill off to one side, reminders and inspiration all over the place of why all the sweat and pain.

08-Oct-19

08-Oct-19
What a machine!!

08-Oct-19
Nice, always fun to learn more about bowsite guys. There's a lot of studs on this site.

08-Oct-19

Forest, Adam and Ron with a rack we stumbled upon (probably from last season).

08-Oct-19
Ron is a killer and a pretty nice guy to boot! :) That elk hunt was one for the ages. Phenomenal...

08-Oct-19
Ron is awesome!

Probably saved my life once.

Congratulations on a fabulous bull, Ron!

08-Oct-19

The Mountains call!
The Mountains call!

08-Oct-19
I called Ron earlier this year to ask about an elk unit he had hunted recently. He was forthcoming in every question I had!

Nice job in the snow Ron

08-Oct-19
What a great thread and couldn't agree more. Guy is a stud and so dang humble. Hats off to you Ron and that photo is one-in-a-million!

08-Oct-19
Very nice...

Always there to help out others.. I believe the phrase is “ Top Shelf”

08-Oct-19
Ron, and all of the people you met with him are great hunters, and way more importantly, great people.

08-Oct-19
Very nice guy and when he sent us the Elk photo in the blizzard I couldn't stop staring at the photo, just an incredible guy all around! Congrats Ron!

08-Oct-19
Great guy. Has given me great info many times. Why I love bowsite.

08-Oct-19
It honestly does not get much better than Ron! We had the great honor of meeting Ron and chatting him up a bit at the PY Convention in Omaha. As great of a hunter as Ron is I feel he is every bit the better person. Kia and Nichole still comment on how nice it was to meet Ron in person and how humble and gracious he was. Hopefully someday in the near future Kia and I can work out something to take Ron up on his offer for her to hunt elk in WY. Would truly be a special opportunity!

08-Oct-19
I'll join the crowd too. I didn't get a chance to chat with him at P&Y either (went by way too fast) Anyway, a friend of mine's grandson from here in Louisiana won the WY Super Tag raffle for elk this year. I hit Ron up, and he was more than happy to help! This is the type of thing that makes me love Bowsite.

08-Oct-19
A good guy all the way around.

08-Oct-19
I met Ron 25+ years ago-he was humble and kind back then and a gentleman. Congrats on your hunting successes Ron, and I raise a toast to hearing the stories someday!

08-Oct-19
Yup. Great guy and a killer. There's a reason Chuck Adams hunts with Ron, I'm sure of that.

08-Oct-19
Incredible success photo, featuring an incredible bull elk and an incredible bowhunter.

08-Oct-19
One of the best there is!!!!

Not only is he the real deal as a bowhunter—and a great person—he does things the right way and promotes our chosen way of life in the best avenues. He is not a “look at me guy” or someone that chooses his own self interest over the good of bowhunting. A true gentleman and the type of bowhunter I will miss as I age and find fewer and fewer of his type around.

08-Oct-19
Great guy, great friend and one hell of a bowhunter. The story of this bull shows how persistent he is when he sets his sights on an particular animal.

08-Oct-19
Wouldn't want Ron hunting me. True gentleman I hear!!

08-Oct-19
My Dad always told me “if there’s any braggin to be done, somebody else will do it on ya”

Sounds like this fits Ron to a “T”! Super cool pic of your bull as well. Congrats!

08-Oct-19
He's a great guy and friend. When he's in the woods he's focused and persistent. He's an amazing bowhunter and ambassador for bowhunting.

I love the snow picture. Congrats on another great bull!

08-Oct-19
Man, you guys don't really know him very well do you:)

Just playing...glad to have him as a friend and hunting buddy, and couldn't agree more with the comments above!!

Matt

08-Oct-19
Best of the best that’s for sure.. Bowsite is a big Family. Hunt

08-Oct-19
I don't know Ron very well but have hung out with him several times at PnY. He falls in the "good dude at hello" category without a doubt.

08-Oct-19
Dang, you guys really don't know me well. Ha. Thanks much for all of the positive comments. It's truly humbling. Bowsite really is a huge family and I've enjoyed meeting many of you and hopefully many more. Charlie, it was truly our pleasure to have you and Forest in camp with us. You guys are a pleasure to be around, hard hunting, and welcome at our camp anytime!

08-Oct-19
Had the pleasure to hunt with Ron when I lucked out and drew my WY shiras a couple years ago. Everything above is absolutely true! Great dude!

08-Oct-19
Ron I know you pretty well so I’ll put my comment in. Ditto to all of the comments above. Always enjoyed our times together. Great bull again. Moss

08-Oct-19
Great Post!! P.S. .....All Sitka...all the time!

08-Oct-19
Great write up Charlie....

08-Oct-19
WTG Ron! Great bull....again. And thx for offering to help me pick units in WY!!!!

08-Oct-19
All stand up guys... Ed F

08-Oct-19
Bowsite is awesome.

Haven't met Mr. Nizioek..... but will someday I'm sure, looking forward to it. Have met Charlie and Forest...... but regardless, won't hold that against him. Still looking forward to it.... =D

Congrats! Great bull in what looks like pretty challenging conditions.

08-Oct-19
Awesome!!

08-Oct-19
Is that a picture of your house or the P&Y museum ??? Wow !!!

08-Oct-19
The guy is just hell on elk !! One of the good ones here !!

08-Oct-19
I think the treadmill is just for effect. Ron is a great guy except when he’s just about passing out from sudden back pain. I don’t throw the great guy label around lightly.

08-Oct-19
Hunted caribou in Quebec with Ron a while back and he’s a heck of a good guy. Congrats on your bull Ron and here’s to many more!

08-Oct-19
Have not had the opportunity to meet Ron, but he has to be a stand up guy for all of you that are posting kind words. That photo in the snow is amazing!!

08-Oct-19
Great thread. What an incredible bull Ron! Huge congrats.

That picture is the best of the best.

08-Oct-19
My son and I had the pleasure of meeting Ron at the airport in Anchorage on our way back from our caribou hunt. All of the above comments seem to be right on. He was great to chat with in our short encounter. Very humble and likable guy!

08-Oct-19
Ron's a great guy for sure. Congrats again, Ron!

08-Oct-19
That first photo should be on the cover of the next P&Y Ethic. Love it!

As stated by many here... he's a good dude! First met him in Dallas at P&Y and he was surely one of those guys that we wanted to hang out with. He's a damn good penny tosser too. :)

08-Oct-19
Awesome story! Love it!

09-Oct-19
Very impressive Group of bowhunters right here on this thread!

Good luck, Robb

09-Oct-19

BULELK1's Link
Link to Mountain Trash apparel.

09-Oct-19
Incredible hunter and a better person!

09-Oct-19
Adding Ron, to my list of Bowsiters I hope to meet someday!

So many top shelf Bowhunters, in one place!

09-Oct-19
Nothing more I can say about Ron that hasn't already been said. He is a gentleman, and as a hunter he is beyond the "Real Deal".

09-Oct-19
Simply the best.

09-Oct-19
Ron gets it done and helps others... I am pleased I was able to meet him in person last py and hope to visit with him again... if I’m very lucky maybe one day I’ll bump into him in the same woods and learn a thing or two.

09-Oct-19
I know you guys are going to be jealous.....but I got to loan Ron my long underwear. I'm never going to wash them again! Those mountain trash kids are studs as well! Was a great hunt with great people.

09-Oct-19
Definitely one of the good guys. Never heard a bad word about the man in the bowhunting world or around town.

10-Oct-19
Great guy and friend. If you think he’s a killer with a bow, you should see him take on a bottle of Fireball! ??

10-Oct-19
.......and not to be outdone, Charlie is also a good friend and kind gentlemen. Both top notch guys, IMO.

10-Oct-19
Great pics and an even better man!

10-Oct-19
I couldn't agree more. A great example for all.

10-Oct-19
+1 Roy, Charlie isn't a slouch himself in the good guy/good bowhunter department! There's a whole lot of stone cold killers on this thread that are awesome guys that I hope I can call friends and that I've learned a ton from over the years on Bowsite.

10-Oct-19
I met Ron a few summers ago in Cody. He showed me around an elk area I was interested in trying to draw a tag in. Said he would be glad to help me if and when I draw. Great guy for sure!!

10-Oct-19

Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
Ron Niziolek's embedded Photo
Here's a photo of Charlie and Forest enjoying our Wyoming mountains.

10-Oct-19
That pic in the snow is epic. The two words I think of when I see it are grit and determination.

11-Oct-19
Ron, Did we miss your B-day or something, whats all the hoopla about??? Really a good guy, wish there were more around the country like you!

13-Oct-19
Boy, I wish you could enlarge photos here. Would like a closer look at Rons trophy room.

16-Oct-19
Ron is always in predator mode!!! Quick story, I was riding down to Casper one time years ago to attend an event that Bowhunters of Wyoming was invited to (Ron was president at the time)and we were counting antelope #'s when he out of no where asks me how I would have approached that last buck? I'm like what are you talking about. He then proceeds to tell me which way the wind was blowing, he saw a trench that he thought he could use to get within bow range and which sage brush he would stop at for the shot. This while flying down the highway at 70 mph and he's driving!! I knew right then I'm not in the same league not to mention when you see his wildlife museum!!!

16-Oct-19
On my small phone screen it looks like Charlie is sitting on Forest's lap, lol!

16-Oct-19
Cheers to Charlie as well...

16-Oct-19
Sounds like a great hunt guys. Congrats on that bull Ron!

16-Oct-19
I have to add a little something to this post. You all are painting RON as a humble , helpful and as always very sincere friend to one and all. I did agree with all of your post about who RON is but there is also another side to him. To give you some insight several years ago my wife and I had crashed in the gooseneck of our horse trailer for the night after a long day of hunting. Sometime during the night we were awakened by a truck barreling into our campsite and come to a screeching halt in front of our trailer and truck doors being thrown open and loud voices. We heard someone messing with the knob on our trailer and the laughing and hollering as the suspects tore away from our campsite. As I opened the door I was greeted with a fresh set of rocky mountain oysters from a deer attached to the door knob of my trailer. You might be able to guess who the suspects were and for us to make out a complaint to law enforcement we would not had to look farther than Ron’s number one accomplice in such dastardly deeds. Thanks for the good old times PS: IM SURE NO ALCOHOL WAS INVOLVED WITH ANY OF THIS

17-Oct-19
Very thoughtful of Ron and his buddy to provide you with some fresh meat for the next morning’s breakfast. Not very many guys would go out of their way to do that!

17-Oct-19
HAHAHAHAHA-

19-Oct-19
I've had the pleasure of hunting elk and antelope with Ron, absolutely wonderful man that I love and adore. What a beautiful bull, nicely done Ron. Love you man.

30-Oct-19
Haha Dave. That night was more fun than the next morning. That Stafford guy is a bad influence. We're just glad you and Charlotte didn't come out of the trailer shooting.

30-Oct-19
I know he runs with some good dudes:)

30-Oct-19
I’ll add another thing that proves what a great guy Ron is... He invited me to elk hunt next year with him... he just doesn’t know it yet..lol

30-Oct-19
I love these stories. We may be from all walks of life and from all parts of parts but the good guys on Bowsite are all cut from the same cloth.

31-Oct-19
Spoke with Ron a couple times when planning my Wyoming elk hunt. He was nice and helped me out.

31-Oct-19
I ran into Ron and Chuck Adams in the Anchorage airport on Monday. Ron talked about how he was limited on the hunt due to his back pain.

I’ve seen a lot of people with back pain and by the smile on his face and the way he carries himself, you’d never know he has pain that woukd cripple other people.

The guy really is tough as woodpecker lips, like Chuck says.

31-Oct-19
Very nice thread! The trophy room is unbelievable and the elk in snow is amazing.

Congrats, and sent a prayer for relief from your pain. To have debilitating back pain and still hunt in the cold, no doubt you are one tough dude!

• Sitka Gear