Huntcell 10-Oct-19
Brotsky 10-Oct-19
Dakota 10-Oct-19
huntnmuleys 10-Oct-19
Brotsky 10-Oct-19
OFFHNTN 10-Oct-19
Dakota 11-Oct-19
08-Oct-19
What are people seeing for mulie numbers out in the Slim Buttes areas? Was just out in the Black Hills and numbers looked down. Thinking about heading up north to the Belle Fourche/Buffalo area in a few weeks but wanted to see what people were seeing up there this year so far. Usually stay on the SW side of the state but want to try the NW, any tips for up that way would be great!

08-Oct-19

08-Oct-19

08-Oct-19

09-Oct-19
I hunted in Alva, which is north of Belle Fourche, a few weeks ago and never saw a mule deer. Plenty of whitetail and a few elk but no mulies.

09-Oct-19
Do you have an access permit to hunt the Slim Buttes? They are required and were on a limited draw this season. If not that may narrow it down for you.

09-Oct-19
Brotsky, I did not realize they were on a limited draw this year. Might narrow it down for sure.

BC seen a few good bucks in the SW part but not like years past.

Thinking about trying somewhere new this time, any suggestions?

09-Oct-19
“Belle Fourche or Slim Buttes” both sound rather gay....

09-Oct-19
Stick and move on public lands on the prairie until you find a good one. Best advice I have for ya.

09-Oct-19
Huntcell glad to see you are unable to sound out a 6 letter word. Maybe you should ask your 3rd grade teacher to help you sound it out ????

09-Oct-19
By the time the Cowboys made it to Belle Fourche, they were Slim Buttes.

We're burning daylight! -- Wil Anderson

Ha! :-)

09-Oct-19
Plenty of them northwest of Buffalo on the walk in areas. Mostly rolling hills with sagebrush that doesn't look that appealing but they are there.

09-Oct-19
Scoot maybe the gay joke hit a little close to home?

09-Oct-19
I'm pretty sure the gay response wasn't what he was looking for anyway !

09-Oct-19
wonder why this has not been shut down 3..2..1..

K

09-Oct-19
Too bad if they do. The guy was just looking for some advice on a hunt.

09-Oct-19
I spent 4 days around Buffalo last week. Saw 15 hunters in the field in those 4 days, and didn't bother to keep track of all the trucks parked along the roads. Deer numbers are ok, buck numbers are way down, hunter numbers are highest I've seen them in 7 years of going out there.

09-Oct-19
Folks got $ in there pockets thanks to a great economy.

Got $ to spend on pastimes and tags.

MAPA

K

10-Oct-19
Have hunted on the Belle Fourche river ,creek stream what ever it is on a Wy ranch . It’s funny sounding no matter who pronounces it , locals or transients.

Sorry if I offended you. Well not really . Get humor or......

I have enrolled in humor sensitivity class Looks like a failed endeavor, not even a participation trophy . Carry on, I am gone <(o,o)>

10-Oct-19
At least residents had the entire month of September to themselves out there. All the state’s changes did was push all the pressure to the first weeks of October. If I was a NR hunter I would consider hunting late October once the crush dies down but that’s just my opinion, it’s worth what you paid for it.

10-Oct-19
I myself would wait until December and hunt their bellies. It seems like that is when I see one of the biggest ones of the year. Cold, quiet and not many people around.

10-Oct-19
Some great advice (like usual) from Brotsky and Dakota. I like that late hunt, myself.

10-Oct-19
+1 Dakota, that's what makes the ML tag so good for big MD. :-)

10-Oct-19
Brotsky, Dakota, and Scoot - I agree with all of you. I do the late season hunt almost every year as well, usually in the middle of December or so. Even if I tag out on an earlier trip, I still go out and help my buddy.

Yes, there are good deer to be seen and had late.......but yes again, they can be next to impossible to get close to depending on the snow cover, temps, etc. There are less deer and spookier deer, but also less hunters which really appeals to me.

11-Oct-19
With me being in a wheelchair I do a lot of blind hunting and the crunchy snow doesn't seem to affect my hunting that much. I can get in that blind in the middle of the day and hunkered down until the evening dinner bell rings. If you're trying to sneak up on one it sure can awful tricky.

• Sitka Gear