GF 10-Oct-19
fubar racin 11-Oct-19
Grasshopper 12-Oct-19
fubar racin 12-Oct-19
Grasshopper 12-Oct-19
Quinn @work 13-Oct-19
10-Oct-19

Huntcell 's Link
Maybe this has been revealed already. I just read Colorado is to acquire a new state park and according to the official governors release will include hunting opportunities. Sounds like choice piece of real estate. Definitely increase in public access.

A snippet from the linked article and at the end of linked article is a link to Read the executive order that contains more specific details.

::::::”the 30-square-mile Fisher’s Peak ranch, located outside the city of Trinidad.....::: “ The 30-square-mile property connects Colorado’s eastern grasslands to the western mountains, and serves as a wildlife corridor. Providing habitat for large native species like elk, mule deer, white-tailed deer, mountain lion, and black bear, the property helps maintain important connections between their populations in the mountains and those in the prairies.”

10-Oct-19
It's going to be managed as a state park, and if allowed to hunt, will be very limited. There isn't many state parks you're allowed to hunt big game in in Colorado. Its something governor Polis came up with, kinda makes me wonder why with him involved.

10-Oct-19
Now THAT is some good news! Hope nothing important was given up in negotiations...

Think it’ll go straight into LE status? I’d expect so...

10-Oct-19
great news! Now lets the governor open all the landlocks 269k land to public.

10-Oct-19
Or the over 2 million acres of State Trust Land that the public is locked out of in Colorado....

10-Oct-19
Maybe a State Land stamp to help support schools eh.

10-Oct-19
Currently in an OTC unit for archery and 2nd/3rd rifle. I wonder if the park will go on a draw because it'll get swarmed if it isn't...

10-Oct-19
No doubt!

11-Oct-19
Haha like I said in the other thread all a state park is in Colorado is a pit to throw our license dollars into while they do everything they can to destroy the habitat and turn it into a money losing mini city. For access it’s better as a state park than private but for animals and habitat it will be destroyed. Much better uses for that land that wouldn’t cost us all so damn much money.

12-Oct-19
I think goco funded most of it so it probably wasn't your money unless you gamble.

If cpw chipped in with license dollars there has to be hunting and fishing or we would lose Pittman dollars.

It will take them years to do a management plan, and open it

12-Oct-19
I believe your right on acquiring the land grasshopper but the roads campgrounds and creature comfort upgrades as well as maintenance will come at least partly from license dollars. It’s absolutely mind blowing what 300 feet of paved roadway costs not to mention everything else.

12-Oct-19
I think it is a million a mile for a paved road. Labor and materials are off the charts right now. Underground electric $5 a foot up here if your doing electric campsites.

13-Oct-19
^^^^ Grasshopper posts real numbers. Going to take a lot of hunting dollars to make the campers, bikers, fisherman and bird watchers happy. They had better allow hunting as we are going to pay for this park either way.

• Sitka Gear