COHOYTHUNTER 14-Oct-19
rershooter 15-Oct-19
COHOYTHUNTER 15-Oct-19
bentshaft 15-Oct-19
rershooter 15-Oct-19
COHOYTHUNTER 15-Oct-19
Franklin 15-Oct-19
14-Oct-19
I just picked up a Hoyt Hyperforce at an archery shop. The guy at the shop set it up with Hoyt QAD ultra rest, a peep and my spot hog sight. We did paper tuning and it was a slight nock right tear. One minor adjustment and I was shooting bullet holes in paper, I was pleased and on my way in a short amount of time. Tonight I shot my broadheads. The broadheads hit about 3 inches high at 20 yards. left and right was good. I moved the rest down. That got it to about 1.5 " higher then field tips. I moved the rest down again and it didn't help. I moved back to 30,40,50,60 yards and the broadheads were always about 2-3 inches higher then field tips no matter where I moved the rest. I don't what to do next.

Hoyt Hyperforce. 70 pounds, 29" dL. QAD ultrarest. d-loop, tru-fire wrist strap release. Goldtip xthunter 300's cut to 30.5" 100 grain field tips, slicktrick standards 100 grain broadheads.

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

14-Oct-19
Your two to three inches high with broad heads at 30-60 yards and want to know what to do

If it was me I’d go hunting unless I was squirrel hunting I which case I would aim 2-3 inches low.

14-Oct-19

SixLomaz's Link
Why are you moving the rest? Move the sight up. Are your field tips 100 grains just like the broadhead? The arrow should be perpendicular to the string at full draw and the shaft's lower edge should run thru the middle of the Berger hole on the riser. Also the shaft's center should be set at the distance recommended by manufacturer to the riser's inside face. Do not touch the rest once you shoot bullet holes thru paper.

14-Oct-19
Bare shaft tune. After you shoot bullet holes through paper with fletched arrows, bare shaft tune out to 20 yards without paper. This will tell you exactly what your bow is doing, as the arrow without vanes is uncorrected. Move your rest slightly until fletched and bare shaft are same POI. Once your POI is identical with bare shaft and fletched arrows, I bet your broad heads will be hitting closer to field points. Additionally, you shouldn't move your sights to make your broadhead hit with field points, if arrows are all weighted pretty close to the same, there shouldn't be a difference. If you move your sights, you are not broadhead tuned and you will have flight issues.

15-Oct-19
Is there a good bareshaft guide, video, or chart you recommend? Which way to move rest ect.

15-Oct-19
PM sent.

15-Oct-19
Adjust your timing.

15-Oct-19
Never got the pm

15-Oct-19
https://www.bowhunting.com/bowhunt101/bare-shaft-tuning-bow/

15-Oct-19
Once I tune a broadhead I don`t care where my target arrows go, as long as they group. 3" high dead center line, when you change from field points to BH is a good problem. lol

• Sitka Gear