Cornpone 01-Nov-19
caribou77 01-Nov-19
BowJangles 12-Nov-19
Mike Ukrainetz 16-Dec-19
Rackmastr 16-Dec-19
SteveB 17-Dec-19
Mike Ukrainetz 17-Dec-19
17-Oct-19
After 3 unsuccessful Canadian moose hunts, where we only saw a few moose and they were not even in rifle range, I’m curious who you would recommend I contact to book with. Thank you!

18-Oct-19
For bow hunting moose, I strongly recommend Ryk Visscher's Hunting Adventures in Alberta or Alberta Wilderness Guide Service. I strongly do not recommend Big Country Outfitters in British Columbia.

Darren

18-Oct-19

gobble50's embedded Photo
gobble50's embedded Photo
Maynardlake.com Fly out from Kenora in northern Ontario. Josh (the owner) will show you a great time. Click on the hunting tab - you’ll immediately see the 59” moose I got. I only saw this one moose on the trip but we were battling VERY warm weather. I think Josh only takes a couple bow hunters each year. We only fished one day after we tagged out & caught many 10#+ walleye.

18-Oct-19
Any pics of those 10# walleyes?!! Great moose too, BTW!

18-Oct-19
I would stay away from NW Ontario for a couple more years when it comes to moose. Moose population is stable in the Northwest but still needs a few more years to get to where it use to be. The trophy moose such as Gobble50 are few and far between!! Congrats on your moose Gobble50, that's a good one!!!

19-Oct-19
Effords hunting adventures Newfoundland. I got a 47” moose there (rifle)

19-Oct-19
Ryk Visscher's, X 2.

19-Oct-19
thanks guys!

19-Oct-19
Where have you hunted before? Were they guided or unguided? Fly in of drive in hunts? Run and gun , spot and stalk or setup hunts?

31-Oct-19
Conne River outfitters. Have both drive-in and separate fly-in for bow or rifle.

31-Oct-19

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Are you the kind of person that would sacrifice quantity of opportunities for size? It may make a difference where in the country I'd hunt IMO.

Also, are there any guys offering farmland moose hunts in Saskatchewan? There are copious moose numbers in some areas. My dad hunted one area for deer and counted 150 moose in 3 days. I hunted there the next year and "only" averaged 20-30/day.

31-Oct-19

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Some proof in case you don't believe me ;)

31-Oct-19
Looks like a great place...a lot different country than I'm used to moose hunting in. They're big creatures, but put them out in a stubble field and they look even bigger!

31-Oct-19

Korey Wolfe's embedded Photo
Korey Wolfe's embedded Photo
Ryk Visscher's Hunting Adventure Our camp went 100% opportunity and killed 7 of 10. Couple guys missed several! And one repeat client had to leave after only 4 days of hunting because of business. Ryk will take care of you.

Korey Wolfe

01-Nov-19
Hands down.... Carcus, Rattling Junkie or APauls!!! Need to follow them around...

01-Nov-19

Big Fin's embedded Photo
Big Fin's embedded Photo

Big Fin's Link
These are the two Canada Moose we shot in BC last month. We were after Mountain Caribou with Dustin Roe's BC Backcountry and Beyond. These guys happened to get in the way. It is a physical hunt, which may explain why the quality of animals exceeded my expectations.

01-Nov-19
NF is your ticket. Moose are smaller in size but plenty around with 10 to 15 sightings per day. Be clear with your outfitter and guide about your expectations. I hunted with Island Safaris in 2017 and 3 hunters took home 4 moose. One hunter got a big cow first day and on the 3rd day a bull 21 points. Everyone else in the camp killed an animal.

01-Nov-19
BigFin, were those bow kills or rifle? Beautiful moose regardless

01-Nov-19
More moose in NF than anywhere else. Bow hunted there 3 times...came home with two bulls. The one time I didn't I saw a ton...just couldn't seal the deal although came close. Of course, like anywhere, do some research. As far as MZ/rifle...if you don't come home with a moose you absolutely chose the wrong outfitter in the wrong area.

01-Nov-19
I went with Mikes Outfitting in Alberta last August. If you are looking to break the curse, you will succeed there as long as you are willing to shoot any legal bull. If you want something bigger...The sky is the limit as prices for canadian moose vary from about 3k to 20k.

12-Nov-19
I'm booked with Ryk in 2021. Great to talk to on the phone, comes highly recommended and advertises as a mostly bow hunting moose camp. To me that checks all the boxes.

16-Dec-19

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo
Mike’s Outfitting moose
Mike’s Outfitting moose
We have a moose bowhunting spot open for 2020, Sept 7-14. We have a very high opportunity rate and our kill success is dependent more on shooting skills than anything else. The hunt is based out of our lodge which gives us lots of flexibility to hunt different spots every day. We do a mix of spotting farm fields for bulls and tree stand hunting. When we spot the bulls we can usually walk within 150-200 yds and then call them in the last bit for a close bow shot, blind calling bulls from a long range doesn’t work well in this pre rut hunt. Colder weather is best for the spotting and calling. We also tree stand hunt moose over natural mineral licks which generally needs warmer weather to be effective, so we cover most weather conditions, except super windy, no moose likes wind. Cost is pretty reasonable at $6500 USD plus 5% GSTax and a $530 license. Bulls can be hard horned like the one pictured I killed this past fall at 30 yds or in velvet, especially the first few days of the hunt. Call or text me anytime on my cell, 780 864 7736.

We also have a 2020 moose and elk combo bowhunt available for $7500 plus tax and license.

16-Dec-19
I've hunted in the zone that Big Fin hunted (in fact at one of the same lakes) and can attest that the country is amazing and Dustin runs a rock solid outfit.

Mike's Outfitting has a history of some amazing bowhunting success and from all I've ever heard about him, he is a great outfitter to deal with.

Another option that I'd recommend chatting with is Aaron Fredlund of Fredlund Guide Service. Some big moose there along the AB/BC border.

Some great options!

17-Dec-19
Without a doubt I would be going (back) to Pink MOuntain Outfitters in BC. Lloyd CLark and his crew run an amazing camp with high success!

17-Dec-19

Mike’s Outfitting bull
Mike’s Outfitting bull
We call the bulls within bow range even when they are in velvet. I called this bull into 38 yards one day in an open field while scouting for muleys and then my guide Josh got a day off from guiding and went back to the same area and called him in again to 30 yds and killed him. We didn’t have any moose hunters in camp at the time. Not huge bulls I know but not the huge price either AND you can drive right to our lodge and easily take all of your meat and antlers, cape home. We have 2 spots open for 2 hunters, Sept 7-14 in 2020. Call or text anytime 780 864 7736.

• Sitka Gear