ChasingFAHL 18-Oct-19
Brotsky 18-Oct-19
Franklin 18-Oct-19
Bou'bound 19-Oct-19
DanaC 19-Oct-19
Ermine 19-Oct-19
TD 21-Oct-19
17-Oct-19
b -stinger stabilizer still the best for hunting?

17-Oct-19
That depends on who you talk to. You talk to me, no, hated it. Most guys here love them.

17-Oct-19
Like mine, an 8”. Thinking of getting a 10”.

17-Oct-19
I like my B Stinger too. Just like a Tight Spot quiver, some love em but I hated it.

17-Oct-19
I went to the Bee Stinger Counter Slide this year. Love it!

17-Oct-19

17-Oct-19
There is a new one out some people are raving about....I think it`s called TAP or Titanium Archery Products.

17-Oct-19
10” B Stinger for 5 years. Have a quick release set up on mine so I can take it on and off he bow easily to fit in my bow case

17-Oct-19
I am using the counter slide this year as well. I am a big bee stinger fan.

—Jim

17-Oct-19
all overated.

18-Oct-19
Just seems with these newer bows, less is needed. Something basic seems to be adequate. You can judge your own shooting accuracy. With everything, new designs or gimmicks keep coming out so there is something to sell. Maybe because I'm a veteran, (old timer) I'm more cynical.

18-Oct-19
He does have a point ^^^^. They are drastically over priced and are not as vital to todays compounds compared to years past. There is virtually no vibration or shock in todays modern bows. They do look cool though.

18-Oct-19
I care about how the bow balances and shoots. Brand names, not so much.

18-Oct-19
Best bet is an offset stabilizer, Sight quiver arrows on 1 side is enough to throw you off, a little bit goes a long way down range.

18-Oct-19
Before throwing around the “overrated” label, some of you need to learn the difference between a stabilizer and a noise/vibration dampener. Two totally different pieces of equipment that serve two totally different purposes.

18-Oct-19
Good point. I've noticed that a lot of units, especially short 'hunting' models, try to combine the two functions. How much 'stabilizing' you get from a shortie is open to discussion.

18-Oct-19
I have a b-stinger stabilizer (backbar and front). But come on. A stabilizer is just a piece of weight on the end of a rod. It helps to balance the bow but for what they are they are grossly overpriced. I'm sure that any brand will do the job.

18-Oct-19
I've used b-stingers for quite some time. I currently use a hex. You want to quiet your bow down shoot a heavier arrow.

18-Oct-19
I agree completely.

An 8” (stabilizer) is a paper weight.

It’s may dampen sound but the weight needs to be further away to have any impact on slowing the small aiming circles.

But it’s all about confidence. If you have it in your head it helps, go ahead. Who’s it hurting.

18-Oct-19
Ive tried several brands and B Stinger for me personally does better than the rest. My rig won't be without one.

18-Oct-19
Micro-hex for me. Works great and looks cool and we all know that is the most important aspect of any accessory!

18-Oct-19
With the demand for lighter bows the need for "balance and stabilization" is gaining popularity. Not so much noise dampening or vibration.

I would venture a bet 80% of bowhunters pick a stabilizer for looks.

19-Oct-19
Is there a performance difference between one that is 10” and an 8” model.

19-Oct-19
"Is there a performance difference between one that is 10” and an 8” model. " Performance? Only if one balances your bow better for your shooting style and preferences. And even then I doubt most archers could measure the difference. I alternate between a 10" stab and a short 'barebow weight' and they're too close to call.

19-Oct-19
It’s a stabilizer that actually works as a stabilizer. I think they are very good and work well

21-Oct-19
Over rated? Over rated and over priced are not the same thing. Several out there similar to b-stinger that pretty much do the same thing. Lots of stuff over rated in archery. But I know of nothing that you can just screw on your bow and instantly tighten groups doing nothing else. Meaning a TRUE stabilizer and not a rubber baby buggy bumper. Stabilization and vibration damping are two totally separate issues. Stabilization involves helping hold the pin steady on target and helping reduce the movement of the bow as it casts the arrow, keeping the pin on the target.

WRT an 8" being the same as a 10"...... that's likely coming from the 6" crowd.... =D

Honestly.... yes if the weight were the same the 10" would stabilize better in theory. By adding weight to the 8" (or removing from the 10") you could approximate the same effect between the two. It's about movement arm or lever. The longer the greater the lever to resist movement. The heavier the more resistant to movement. It's a combination of the two.

"Balance" is subjective and actually can be manipulated in many ways as several of those folks above have done.

My problem is as with many things..... I find something that shrinks groups and tend to negate that over time by letting my form get sloppier......

• Sitka Gear