Ucsdryder 25-Jul-20
wildwilderness 26-Jul-20
Ermine 27-Jul-20
altitude sick 27-Jul-20
Beachtree 27-Jul-20
20-Oct-19

Bill V - Iron Will 's embedded Photo
Many bowhunters have benefited this year from our 1.0 inch long, 25 grain, hardened steel Impact Collars on bone splitting impacts. Some people were not able to get this advantage without being underspined on their current arrow setups. To meet these needs, we have made a 0.7 inch long, grade 5 titanium Impact Collar weighing only 10 grains. As a few of you have noticed, I've been shooting these all season with great results. Now you can choose high strength arrow reinforcement at the weight that works best for your setup. CNC machined in the USA for the ultimate in precision.

c10 Impact Collars: Grade 5 Titanium. 0.7 inch, 10 grains c25 Impact Collars: Hardened Steel, 1.0 inch, 25 grains

We make these for .204 ID arrows (5mm Axis & FMJ, RIP TKO, Gold Tip Kinetic, Black Eagle Rampage) to be used with standard thread HIT inserts and also for .166 ID arrows (Easton 4mm Carbon Injection, FMJ Injections, Gold Tip Kinetic Pierce) to be used with Deep Six HIT inserts. We also make premium hardened steel HIT inserts which we manufacture under a license agreement with Easton Archery.

Let me know if you have any questions on how these can work for your setup.

20-Oct-19

Here is a section view showing the Impact Collar and HIT insert:

20-Oct-19
Those look pretty nifty. Might have to get some for my FMJs and Axis.

You might also look at making them black so there not so shiny. I know you should always be in the shadows, but in open country hunting this doesn't always happen.

20-Oct-19
Very nice! Really adds some strength to the front of the arrow

20-Oct-19
Just glue to shaft.?

20-Oct-19
Bou'bound, they have a small flange that covers the end of the arrow so they are held in place by the broadhead or field point. Epoxy will add additional strength, but is not required.

20-Oct-19
I foot all my arrows now, but that flange on the front definitely has several real world advantages for the HIT system. Pricey to machine.

What is the exact ID on the Axis models? The non-camo shafts are about .005" thinner than the camo shafts.

20-Oct-19
Bou'bound, they have a small flange that covers the end of the arrow so they are held in place by the broadhead or field point. Epoxy will add additional strength, but is not required.

20-Oct-19
I haven't made my own footings since Ray at VPA started making flanged footings. Have gone trough several dozen of rays footers without any issue. I also have a half a dozen of the 25 grain IW footings in steel. I like the IW better because of the weight. In any event I will not use a .204id shaft with HITS without a flanged footer. These are great addition in TI adding options as far as weight adjustment.

20-Oct-19
Ambush, yes boring that ID to a tight tolerance takes considerable machine time, especially in grade 5 titanium. Our A, B, & C sizes are all made to be .0015 inches larger than the Axis arrow ODs. The Impact Collar inner diameters are as follows: A = .2815, B = .2760, C = .2690

30-Oct-19

I've had a few questions on arrow compatibility so I've updated the chart on our website and attached it here.

25-Jul-20
1st I bet you’re a little underspined on your arrows with that draw length and 73lbs. If you’re getting Bh flight issues I’d start there.

Yes, they’ll absolutely strengthen the hit system, both hunting and target shooting.

26-Jul-20
What is your arrow length? I shoot 30” but my arrow is cut to 28.5”.

The collar will help everything and FOC. If you make a bad shot at practice or pass through an animal and hit rock it will save them

27-Jul-20

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
I Really like the Iron will collars. Been using them for deep 6 insert setup. I’m not a fan of deep 6 system as the front can be the weak link. But once I put the iron will collars on it really strengthen it up!

27-Jul-20
I’m a big believer. I shot through a baboon at 10 yards. The arrow hit an old concrete livestock tank at approx 16 yards. Took a pretty big chunk out of the concrete. The arrow still spun fine. No mushrooming. Pretty amazing. 75# Vertix 1028 grain arrow So a lot of energy behind the arrow.

27-Jul-20
I use em they take care of the Axis shafts only weakness.

• Sitka Gear