spike buck 22-Oct-19
KHNC 22-Oct-19
spike buck 22-Oct-19
21-Oct-19

KHNC's embedded Photo
KHNC's embedded Photo
KHNC's embedded Photo
KHNC's embedded Photo
I was able to shoot my 5th bear , 2nd in NC , over the weekend near my house in Henderson County. Passed up a smaller bear on Wednesday evening. Friday after work, this nice boar came in about 6p. I was stand hunting. We can use unprocessed bait in NC, however, neither of them came to the bait station. They were just walking the ridges. It was much bigger when i walked up to it, than i originally thought. 275-300lbs estimated weight. Huge head and feet.

21-Oct-19

KHNC's embedded Photo
KHNC's embedded Photo

21-Oct-19
Nice bear congrats!

21-Oct-19
Awesome looking bear. Congrats!!

21-Oct-19
Nice job!!

21-Oct-19
Good job nice bear

21-Oct-19
Very nice bear. Great job!!

21-Oct-19
Nice Work, Kenny!

21-Oct-19
Great having bears to bowhunt close to home.

21-Oct-19
Very nice! Congrats!

22-Oct-19
Congrats.

22-Oct-19
Congrats!

22-Oct-19
Congrats.

22-Oct-19
Congratulations! A Western NC bear is a huge accomplishment

22-Oct-19

spike buck's embedded Photo
We had the Pleasure of hunting your great state opening day. We treed a couple of bears. 1 ran into Tennessee. Had a lot of fun working the hounds. Had an opportunity at a 150 pounder but passed. Hunted Roan Mountain!! Our group tagged a couple....

22-Oct-19
Yeah, Roan is a rough area! I was over near the Pisgah NF border. Its been a bear sanctuary for my whole life. Lots of bears in there that come over to private though. The one i passed last Wednesday was 150lber as well. Figured no need to shoot one that small. Had him at 20 yards on a trail at eye level to the tree stand at 25 feet up. lol. We have some steep stuff here.

22-Oct-19
Congrats on your bear Ken..... The hound hunt was interesting how they conducted it. A group let a pack loose at the bottom of Roan. Our task was to get a pack to the top of Roan. A 2.2 mile hike up the mountain. Was easy as I had 2 hounds and they literally pulled me the 2.2 miles. Once at the top of Roan, we hoped the pack below would send the bear our way. The pack did and as the bear passed by us we let our pack go on it. Bear ran over another mile and treed. A hunter at the bottom of Roan shot it.

Was a work out to say the least... but very exciting!!! We also hunted Little Bald Mountain.

• Sitka Gear