ELKMAN 24-Oct-19
Franklin 24-Oct-19
Matt 24-Oct-19
midwest 25-Oct-19
Padfoot 29-Oct-19
4blade 30-Oct-19
sdkhunter 30-Oct-19
22-Oct-19
I have a Bowtech Old Glory with a limb starting to show signs of splitting. It’s my back up bow and I want to keep it. I cannot find replacement limbs. What model limbs can I swap in to the Old Glory as long as they fit the limb pocket and are the right length and width?

22-Oct-19
I'd call Barnhart.

23-Oct-19
Or maybe Barnsdale

23-Oct-19
Thanks

23-Oct-19
you'll have to look at a deflection chart and see if any of their other models are the same.

23-Oct-19
Padfoot, my 06 Tribute limb split 8 days before my elk hunt this year. Being 13 years old, I thought I was screwed too.

I called Bowtech and riser, limbs, cams are lifetime warranty. They just worked with my bow shop for the warranty claim and sent them new limbs to install! They just need to confirm you didn't dry fire it, etc.; but i'd try calling them before you go buy something.

Edit: I don't know if the warranty is only for original owners (I am for my bow). Still worth a call though.

23-Oct-19
Thanks

23-Oct-19
I’ll contact bowtech. I’m the second owner so I hope I’m covered under warranty.

23-Oct-19
Old Glory has 14.5" limbs. Tomkat is the only other bow with 14.5" limbs. You could use a pair of Tomkat limbs.

24-Oct-19
If it's not covered and you decide to move on. I would check out the Realm series bows. They are having no issues, and they are a HUGE leap forward in shoot-ability, Tune, and shot feel.

24-Oct-19
I tried to do this on another bow and was told this is a Bozo no-no. Might be a fun experiment to do yourself but good luck finding someone to spend the time fooling with it. Some guys scoff at restringing a 5 year old bow...lol

24-Oct-19
"Or maybe Barnsdale"

Haha, yeah. Listen to that guy.

You need to, at a minimum, match limb length, deflection, and the dimensions in the limb pocket.

25-Oct-19
Bowsite isn't letting me post links, but check out eBay. There's a guy selling new limbs for a wide variety of older BowTechs. It says most 2003 to 2009 models.

29-Oct-19
Update: I contacted Barnsdale and he has a pair of limbs that he is finishing that are for the OG. He also advised that the TomKat limbs were the same length and deflection. So basically the same limbs. I could buy a TomKat on Ebay for twice the price of the Barnsdale limbs, or get the Barnsdale limbs (the OG is my back up bow, and I like shooting it). I could just do as suggested and get an new/better bow. Very very tempting. I have been looking at the Realm series, it wouldn't take much convincing to do that, finding the $$ is a different story. LOL.

If a bow works for me and I shoot it well then tend to keep it for a while.

30-Oct-19
If you replace those limbs, make sure you replace the limb pocket retainers. Otherwise, one day you might end up standing there riser in hand, and the limbs and strings are laying on the ground!

30-Oct-19
If you look around you may be able to find a Tomkat fairly cheap... I found one on CL that they were asking for $110 and that even came with a case...

• Sitka Gear