midwest 24-Oct-19
Matt Palmquist 24-Oct-19
Franklin 24-Oct-19
DT1963 25-Oct-19
Inshart 25-Oct-19
23-Oct-19

Native Okie's embedded Photo
Native Okie's embedded Photo
Seen this buck on the Oklahoma Bowhunter social media page this morning. Don’t know the story yet. Great buck and congrats to the hunter!

23-Oct-19
Yep. Wow. Very clean.

23-Oct-19
This is just unreal. Really need to hear the story on this one! 8x8 and all matching, can't see anything NT. Look out Mel and Milo!

23-Oct-19
What a row of tines.

23-Oct-19
Dayuuuuuuuum!

Always enjoy seeing what's out there.

Or was.

23-Oct-19
Can't be anything said about long arming, either!

23-Oct-19
That's a LOT of bone!

23-Oct-19
Amazing.. It looks so good it almost looks like a photoshop.. And NO I am not questioning it.. It just looks that good! Congrats to the hunter!

23-Oct-19
That appears to be a clean 8x8. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before. Very interesting to see the tale of the tape. Congratulations to the hunter!!!

23-Oct-19
There’s 40+ points on that deer! Fun to see what comes of this!

23-Oct-19
Man he is ALL of 114"! What a buck! Congrats!

23-Oct-19
I saw that this morning, what an incredible buck. I cant wait to hear what it tapes out at.

23-Oct-19
My nephew lived their up till a couple years ago. He sent me some pics of extremely large bucks around his place. He was by Pawhucksaw (sp?)

23-Oct-19
WOW!

23-Oct-19
Fair sized buck ;-)

Looks like he snapped a few inches off his right beam tip, but I still might shoot him....ha!

23-Oct-19
I conservatively scored him this morning at 212 gross... he's definitely going to raise the bar for the state record. That is truly a once in a lifetime buck.

23-Oct-19
How does that even happen??!! What a perfect deer.

23-Oct-19
I’m with you Midwest. That’s approaching new record status. Unreal. I don’t want to start any rumours but wow, I’d love to hear the back story there and get some more angles

23-Oct-19
Now that’s a picket fence

23-Oct-19
Seeing a green net of 201 4/8

23-Oct-19
North Central Oklahoma is what I'm hearing as far as where killed. I also have heard through the grapevine (just now), that it rough taped at 215 and low 200's net.

23-Oct-19
Must be photo-shopped. The guy is smiling like he's happy and not long arming.

Incredible buck!!

23-Oct-19
Wow! Unbelievable symmetry on that buck. Any other different angled pics of it?

I’ll bet ol Milo has got his lawyer’s phone number programmed on speed dial and ready to go. (just in case)

23-Oct-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
From posts off of FB....

23-Oct-19
Should bring this pic up on the next "How many arrows in your quiver" thread. :-)

23-Oct-19
Do you still get mass measurements on the main beam beyond g-5? What an animal....

23-Oct-19
Only get 4 per side, Jake.

23-Oct-19
Four mass measurements are taken on each main beam, no additional measurements no matter how many tines there are. Just like no mass measurements on tines, a lot of times a deer can grow antler that P&Y does not give credit for.

23-Oct-19
Awesome buck. Glad to see no extra photoshopped boots under the buck's chin like Tiffany Lakosky's recent buck.

23-Oct-19
Four mass measurements taken on each side whether it’s a spike buck or 8x8.

23-Oct-19
Wow, now that's a dandy buck. Hopefully we'll get to hear the rest of the story soon.

23-Oct-19
I say it nets 210"+.

23-Oct-19
Free range. Apparently they had multiple pics of this buck.

23-Oct-19
What a stud. It looks like the 2 biggest bucks of the year, so far, have come from South Dakota and Oklahoma. How does that happen?

I'm going to speculate and suggest that it's a combination of QDM, larger tracts of protected and well managed areas and the age factor.

We are seeing bigger and bigger deer and I think the biggest factor is age. Stats show that we are shooting significantly fewer young bucks. Any species that is allowed to actually reach a mature age will tend to grow bigger antlers.

You also have to give credit to an unusually wet year in that part of the country. My properties in Kansas are showing above average antler growth this year as well.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GET THERE!!!

23-Oct-19

A couple more that just surfaced... the kids name is Gunner Womack.

23-Oct-19
You're going to have a hard time topping last year's buck, JSW!

23-Oct-19
Fantastic buck.

Glad it's not from Kansas, Iowa, Illinois or Ohio.

23-Oct-19
Should have given him another year ;)

23-Oct-19
That thing is just insane. Congrats to the hunter for sure.

23-Oct-19
I agree. He’s just a 4 year old, shoulda let him grow up. ;)

23-Oct-19
A clean 8x8 of that size has to be the most rare whitetail of all time... making it arguably more special than the WR Typical....

23-Oct-19
Compact Rack that's built for score. It looks like in the last photos the body is not overly huge which we often see on Cimmaron river deer in extreme southwest Kansas. An 8x8 frame is extremely rare but it may not be an overly huge rack in person.

23-Oct-19
Wow. That's a great buck.

23-Oct-19
Absolutely magnificent, congrats to the hunter!

23-Oct-19
That's a dream buck, probably one of the top typicals I've ever seen. Wish that tip wasn't broken off...

23-Oct-19
That’s gotta be a net 200 and could threaten the Johnson buck

23-Oct-19
needed another year

23-Oct-19
NC Buck for the list too!

https://www.carolinasportsman.com/hunting/deer-hunting/deer-of-the-year/guilford-county-hunter-drills-31-point-nontypical-buck/

23-Oct-19
What a buck!

23-Oct-19
And they are hanging the deer by the antlers!!! That thing would be laying in my living room.

Just think about the WR Jordan buck....what was that a 5x5?

23-Oct-19
I'd have the whole head in bubble wrap. Right after I had the mold made for the cast antlers so I could sell the rack after it was officially scored. :-)

23-Oct-19
Wow that’s awesome buck

23-Oct-19
Wow! Awesome buck. The problem is you really need 4 similar antlers for making a chandelier so it might be awhile before he gets the other two.

24-Oct-19
Amazing deer. All those tines just look crazy! Congrats to the young man for sure!

24-Oct-19
Local news station picked up the story. Estimated 4.5 years old. The current state record is 194 and change for a typical.

24-Oct-19
Giant typicals are rarely over 4.5 to 5.5 years old. Abnormal points appear at older ages which moves the racks to non-Typical! Nets are for Typical deer not fishing:)

24-Oct-19
It is really cool to see that many beautiful points all lined up.

24-Oct-19
Word I heard today was this was his first buck with a bow. Crazy...

24-Oct-19
From ODWC... "official green score of 192 6/8 net and 209 4/8 gross." That right side main beam being broke off could keep it from getting the state record status. But... what an unbelievable buck!

"Guner Womack may have harvested the largest typical buck ever taken in Oklahoma while hunting on family land in Pawnee County Tuesday evening. Some say it could be in the running for a world record.

Guner is an 18-year-old freshman at Oklahoma State University, who grew up in Morrison. He has hunted since he was a little boy, but told me this is his first season to hunt with a compound bow... and this giant is his first ever bow kill! He says the pictures don’t even come close to doing it justice.

His family has watched this buck grown over the years on their property and think he’s about 4.5 years old. Guner says the 8x8 came out into the field pushing younger bucks around and chasing does. He stopped broadside at 25 yards out from Guner’s stand. Guner took a perfect shot.

He can’t believe all the attention he’s getting and says hunting for him isn’t about the trophy, it’s about conservation and the meat.

“We eat everything we kill. We don’t waste anything,” he said. “What’s the point of hunting if you’re not gonna take everything? And it also keeps the flow of conservation going in the area.”

A retired game warden is going to get a green score on the buck tonight, then in 60 days, after the required drying period, it will be scored again. .

The current state record for a typical whitetail is 194 inches, taken in 2007.

Guner says state record or not, he’s proud to have ethically taken a buck of a lifetime.

I’ll keep you posted.

Congratulations, Guner!!"

24-Oct-19
Sounds like a kid with some class. The story gets better

24-Oct-19
Rick are you ready to come visit me in Pawnee county, just don't speed getting here. That's a great buck for sure!

24-Oct-19
Awesome buck and story! Only negative is he goes to OSU. Maybe with a potential state record OU will let him in! ;0

24-Oct-19
Wow....I don't see 17" of deductions!

Sounds like the kid is a class act. Good for him!

24-Oct-19
He’s obviously an intelligent kid choosing OSU.

24-Oct-19
Preston, I'll gladly come harvest some does off of your Pawnee county place, give me the word! I promise I won't speed to get there. Maybe. :)

24-Oct-19
I heard they passed a new law in OK that you can now put your diploma from OSU on your dash and parking handicap parking spots. ;)

24-Oct-19
Many people will kill 2 bucks this year that won't cumulatively score what this buck will. Wow! I am happy for the kid....just wish it was me sorta . :)

24-Oct-19
I bet the OSU graduates at least learned the difference between "past" and "passed". ;-)

24-Oct-19
Speaking of "past", did you hear they awarded themselves a NC in football from 1945, just a couple years ago? LOL!

24-Oct-19
I wonder what the deer's name was?

24-Oct-19
Definitely living right! Probably an engineer major. Maybe he could help those lawyers from OU design a schooner that those shetlands won’t flip. ;)

24-Oct-19
“Speaking of "past", did you hear they awarded themselves a NC in football from 1945, just a couple years ago? LOL!”

I think Alabama has awarded themselves about 10 of them

24-Oct-19
Get on, Embry :^)

24-Oct-19
I am amazed at the size and symmetry of this buck! What an incredible buck and accomplishment by this young man!

Very incredible !!!

24-Oct-19
I can't believe the deductions either. Has to be an abnormal or 2 we aren't seeing doesn't there?

24-Oct-19
Matt....of course when there's 16 typical points, it doesn't take much difference in symmetry to equal 17 inches....lol!

24-Oct-19
I suppose thats true:) Didn't think about it that way...lol!!!

24-Oct-19
192" is kind of disappointing....I was hoping for at least 204".

25-Oct-19
First year he has bow hunted - let him walk the year before (busted up)

25-Oct-19
Would be a great set to use for rattling, hack em off just below the burr.

• Sitka Gear