Contributors to this thread:
Iowabowhunter 23-Oct-19
Teeton 23-Oct-19
Iowabowhunter 23-Oct-19
Scrappy 23-Oct-19
Iowabowhunter 23-Oct-19
23-Oct-19
Afternoon everyone.

I picked up a set of Muddy Pro climbing sticks off of Amazon (only retailer that had any left).

Turns out they were used and I didn't realize it. Looks like the box was just opened, and everything put back as there were no marks outside of shipping collateral damage.

my question is this- the part the cleat deal that I put against the tree isn't able to be tightened. I have the foot brackets on, but there isn't a way to tighten the bolt down.

Did I just get screwed by Amazon, or what am I missing?

23-Oct-19

Teeton's Link
Not sure if you can find your answer here.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=putting+Muddy+Pro+Climbing+Stick+together

23-Oct-19
I'm at work now, hoping that the nut on the back that I thread onto the bolt for the tree cleat and steps can be tightened, didn't notice but it appears as if it's a locking nut, which I wouldn't be able to do with my hands LOL

I'll be honest I've got deer brain and having these sticks sit behind me in my cubicle has left me half dumb!

23-Oct-19
That's the nut I figured you were talking about. It tightens everything, don't over tighten or you will not be able to open the steps.

23-Oct-19
I got it figured out, damn excited to give public land run n gun a try,will be my 2nd hunt out of a portable ever!

• Sitka Gear