Drop Tine 21-Feb-20
t-roy 21-Feb-20
stagetek 21-Feb-20
Ermine 21-Feb-20
jdee 21-Feb-20
yooper89 24-Feb-20
Brotsky 24-Feb-20
23-Oct-19
I have the Sitka timberlines but would like to try a different pant. What’s better the Apex, Mountain, Traverse and why? I’m also open to other brands.

23-Oct-19
Kuiu attack

23-Oct-19

Bowmania's embedded Photo
Bowmania's embedded Photo
Sharps has the best pant I ever heard. When it comes to pants I like the sitka with knee pads.

Bowmania

23-Oct-19
I like the KUIU attack or pro pants. The pro pants have the knee pads sewn in.

23-Oct-19
If you are talking about during archery then take a look at prana stretch zions or corrugate guide pants. I wore my pranas during the majority of archery season and they are awesome for when its hot out. They dry ridiculously fast too!

23-Oct-19
I haven’t found a pair of KUIU pants I don’t like in the field or at work. Attacks, Sierras (fit a little tighter in the waist for some reason) or Tiburon’s. Tibs are the lightest but they’re great when I work outside in the summer. Attacks overall are my favorite but can’t go wrong with any of them. Buy them when they’re on sale and they’re worth every penny.

23-Oct-19
What are you using them for Link?

23-Oct-19
I like first lite as well as some of the above

23-Oct-19
I have all of those Sitka pants. My favorite late season are the Timberlines. Early season I like the Apex. Timberlines are mountain pants with a waterproof seat and knees. Traverse are similar to earlier versions of the Ascents. Good early/mid season pant.

I don’t get the excitement over the Prana’s. Lots of guys love them, I feel like they’re a better pant for “date night”. (Low rise with wide bottoms). KUIU pants are great if you can figure out their sizing model. The Attack sizing just changed again this year for at least the third time, and they’re worse than “skinny jeans”. None of their models fit the same for me. I’m a different size in every item of KUIU I’ve ever owned. This appears to be more prevalent in big sizes. I loved the KUIU pants of old that were made in Vancouver.

I had Corrugate Guides in all colors. Sold them due to the fact they were a weird fit for me when I lost weight and I never loved the fabric that well. Stretchy but didn’t breath real well.

I’ve tried a bunch of other pants as well, but for hunting usually come back to Sitka. As a bonus, I wear the same size in all of their different models of pants! (Crazy concept, I know;)

23-Oct-19
Kuiu attack

23-Oct-19
Kuiu pro pant for early season and attack for later.

23-Oct-19
For as popular as the Attack Pant is, I can’t for the life of me figure out why they keep changing them.

23-Oct-19
When you realize you can buy a 20 dollar pair of pants that will perform as well as your 200 dollar pair of pants it’ll blow your mind. I have a pair of $160 first lite obsidians. I wore them exactly 0 times last elk season. Instead...I wore my Gerry Costco Pants. I bought them from my local Costco, and how much were they?! 12 bucks on sale! Don’t always buy into the hype.

23-Oct-19
Kudu Attack Pants

23-Oct-19
Last pair of attacks I bought they had about a 36 inseam and they were a size too small.

The best all season pants in sitka line up are the Grinders, four way stretch, not to skinny not to baggy. Quite enough to bowhunt in and they will take you from late August to October when you switch to timberlines

23-Oct-19
I wore Wrangler Flex Fit cargo pants solid color for the entire elk season this year. $25 - I liked them.

23-Oct-19
I’m a bit of a Kuiu fan boy probably, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. My go to is Attack pants. I own all the Kuiu pants and about 1/2 the Sitka listed here. I reach for the attack more than all the others combined.

—Jim

23-Oct-19
Kuiu Attack

23-Oct-19
I have KUIU Attack and Sitka Ascent and prefer the Sitkas. I like the pocket configuration and the quiet snaps instead of zippers.

The Wranglers that cnelk got are a real good looking pant and I'll be trying a pair of those.

23-Oct-19
Another nod for Attack!

23-Oct-19
Depends on the weather. It’s it’s colder out the sitka timberlines get the nod. They are awesome pants. But If it’s hot I go with a lighter pant. Sitka ascent pants are awesome

23-Oct-19

23-Oct-19
Wrangler tech pants during warmer seasons. Check camo fire for deals on sitka.

23-Oct-19
I like the various KUIU pants myself except I have a short inseam 30” and I have to get expensive pants shortened and hemmed

24-Oct-19
I like the attack from kuiu as well. Although if they go skinny jeans, I’m out.

I’m about to give up on kuiu for the reasons Kota mentioned. The sizing is atrocious. Every piece I’m a different size. Frustrating.

Also, I don’t fit their sizing mold. I’m not a runner physique. More like a baseball player. Little thicker than I need to be. I have to have all their pants hemmed. Also frustrating

24-Oct-19

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
The best pant I've found.

24-Oct-19
I'm not a Kuiu fanboy, I swear. But for hunting elk I only wear the Tiburons (warm weather) or the Attack (cooler). Nothing else comes close. The Prana pants are decent around town or for hiking but they seem too loud to me.

Since this isn't an elk thread I'll go ahead and say that it doesn't matter what kind of pants you wear in a treestand when hunting whitetails. I typically wear wool pants (German army surplus) because they are really comfortable.

24-Oct-19
Those pranas are great for a variety of things including date night, I’m always looking for them on sale.

24-Oct-19
You guys wear pants on a date??? Maybe I’m doing something wrong...

24-Oct-19
i have the Kiui attack, timberline and mountain pants. The timberline are the heaviest of the 3. Mountain and attack are good early season....tough call to pick what is better...

the sizing on the attacks if your not a marathon runner....buy all 3 ....then you cant lose

24-Oct-19
I have Kuiu Attack, First Lite Kanab, Eddie Bauer Guide Pro, Wrangler Tech pants referred to by Brad and Cabelas Microtex and for the money you can't beat the Wranglers but my old made in Vancouver Attack pants are my favorite for fit and stretch, but not by much. The Guide Pro pants are decent middle ground, but I only buy those 50% off normal price or better. Kanab material is nice but the cut is weird. I also have my old Microtex pants, lite and regular weight in the mix. The cut is funky on those too but that Microtex is the best material for the outdoors I have tried, by a long shot.

24-Oct-19
Another vote for the Wrangler Flex Fit. Solid color and inexpensive!

24-Oct-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Just found this out

24-Oct-19
Kuiu attack pant. Perfect archery elk hunting pant.

24-Oct-19
For me, nothing better than the Sitka Ascent.

24-Oct-19
I really like the Kuiu Attack pants.

24-Oct-19

cnelk's Link
Update: Wrangler does carry the OUTDOOR cargo pant - see link

I just bought 2 more pair... $55 total

24-Oct-19
Attack Pants

24-Oct-19
WV mountain hunting in September mainly Colorado and north. I can’t draw AZ or NM. ;)

24-Oct-19
I have a few pairs of the Wranglers that they carry at Walmart for $22. These are a slightly heavier fabric than the EB Guide pants. Both very comfortable. The wranglers come in many sizes and inseams.

24-Oct-19
Alright Brad. I ordered a pair. Very curious to see.

24-Oct-19
Thanks guys. I’ll definitely get a pair of wranglers. My buddy has the kuiu pros and I like those. It’s too bad there’s really nowhere to try this stuff on. The nearest place is Cabelas(3hours) and they usually only have one or two styles of Sitka pants.

24-Oct-19

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Yep, these are the wranglers Brad mentions. I started buying these pants about a year ago and it’s all I wear now. They hold up well at work and I definitely put them through some abuse. Think I got em at at Wally World around $22.00.

24-Oct-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
These are the wranglers in the grey color. It’s a decent solid drab color when elk hunting timber. The fabric is thin and tough. Dries fast.

I don’t know if they are the ‘best’ pant, but they are pretty damn good for the price.

24-Oct-19
Brad, those blend in well with the trees behind you. Now I'm going to have to try a pair!

side note : Is anyone else getting the "500 server error" when posting a new topic today? Or is it my computer/internet?

24-Oct-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
They are now my lucky pants too. :)

Another pic that shows the grey color in timbered shadows.

24-Oct-19
I'm another done with buying Kuiu clothing. I like their fabrics and features but their sizing is ridiculous. Having to pay for hemming pants and return shipping for exchanges adds to the cost too. Thanks for posting some inexpensive options.

24-Oct-19
If that is what you want them for, the wrangler cargo pant is going to be hard to beat.

25-Oct-19
Thanks Brad, I'll have give those Wranglers a try. I've been wearing DuluthFlex Fire Hose Ultimate Cargo Work Pants for both work and hunting and love 'em. Not as cheap as the Wranglers but if i watch for their sales i can get for $50ish. Built-in knee pad pockets, each cargo pocket is really three separate pockets. Well thought out, super well made and super stretchy.

To the OP i have Sitka Mntn. pants, Ascents, Kuiu Attack and First Lits Kanabs. I like them all but if i can get by spending 1/4 of the price (or less) I'm all about it. I really do love those Duluths thou...

25-Oct-19
I think Cnelk is finally going to get a Prostaff deal

Use code Cnelk at checkout

25-Oct-19
An inexpensive option for me was to go to an Army surplus store and buy two pairs of wool German army pants. They are quiet, dry, and I've had them for over 20 years, wearing them every hunting season. I don't get cold in them, they still fit even though I wash them in the washer in cold water woolite, and they withstand briars, brush, everything I trip over, including barbed wire. I wouldn't trade them for anything. I have had a 1" three corner tear in the knee of one and a small hole in the crotch of the other, that don't get bigger. Been that way for years, one of these days I'll get around to sewing them up. Check something like that out if you want to save $$ and have something worth wearing at the same time. The expensive stuff out nowdays is good, but I am fine with old school.

25-Oct-19
^^^ I also use the German wool Field pants for late season hunting. I think you can get them for $10 at the surplus store

25-Oct-19
I love the Prana Stretch Zions and use them primarily because I get a discount through work.

Good timing on this discussion as I got a code this morning to share with “friends”. If anyone wants to check them out for 40% off you can use this code:

STL1F19nMcLbWOJ1V

Only valid for first 3 people, so have at it. Been tempted to try Kuiu but can’t ever convince myself to try them. Have an older pair of FL kanabs that I wouldn’t recommend, as they are heavy and the merino tears pretty easily....not good for deadfall.

25-Oct-19
For work and everyday, I pretty much wear the EB Guide Pants exclusively. I also wear the lined Guide pants for really late season stuff. Can usually get the Guide pants 50% off.

Fit is important and Sitka and EB Guide pants fit me like they're made for me. As a BONUS when I order MY size I know they are going to be my size and actually fit.

25-Oct-19
Eddie Bauer has a 50% off sale going currently for anyone that wants to try those. I also wear the 5 pocket version of the Horizon Guide which doesn't have the velcro patch on the back pockets which I prefer.

25-Oct-19
My Kuiu Attack pants are by far my favourite and most versatile pants. With vents zipped open they can be worn in fairly warm weather, and with long johns underneath can actually be utilized fairly late. Most comfy bar none.

25-Oct-19
Thanks nrhardin!

25-Oct-19
Another Attack fan. Love em. I have a few noncamo solids too that I love for travel, great in planes, airports and restaurants. You can get to the pockets pretty well even seated.

Never any issue with sizing, they've always fit well for me, but it's been two or three years since i've bought a pair. Have never had to return any of their gear due to sizing. Can't stand baggy azzed pants. Like Nick said the microtex is great material, I have a couple of their shirts that are go to shirts..... but the cut of their pants was horrible. I think Cabelas dropped the line? Too bad. Probably replaced it with some cotton bass crap.

Hemming is a problem? You guys tune your own bows? =D

I like dealing with smaller companies like Kuiu. Sitka is Goretex. I do have a few Sitka things..... but they were all made by the Kuiu guys..... when they were Sitka......=D

25-Oct-19
"As a BONUS when I order MY size I know they are going to be my size and actually fit."

Where is the fun in that?

Another vote for the Attack pant, but the old pair and the new pair I have do fit slightly differently.

25-Oct-19
What CNEelk said X2

28-Oct-19
I bought a pair of wranglers at Walmart for $21 this weekend. I wore them around the house and they do feel more durable than the ascends that Cabelas sells. I think I’ll pick up another pair or two. Now to find some attacks on sale.

29-Oct-19
I got all excited, because I got an email from Kuiu stating that their Attack pants now come in different lengths!! Glory Hallelujah!

So I got on there to pick up a third pair, and imagine my disappointment when I learn I can't buy a 38 waist with the 32 inseam. :) They only offer the shorter inseams for the really itty bitty waisted m&*%*&^%&^$s

Us short and round guys are out of luck :)

29-Oct-19
Lol. Bake my brother who just lost 80 lbs now has the opposite issue. He needs a 34 waist with a 38 inseam and has trouble finding pants.

29-Oct-19
I saw that too Bake...We are the same pant size. Probably for the better as the new KUIU Attacks are supposedly "skinnier". Not exactly a direction I need a pant to go...

29-Oct-19
I think Duluth's are tailored toward the fat kids. Maybe that's why I like them so much??

11-Nov-19
I picked up a pair of CNELK's suggested Wranglers. I been wearing them around the house yard shop ect and used them for scouting Ohio whitetails. I have to say they are my new favorite. 20 bucks you can't lose and they are every bit as functional as my high dollar Kuiu and Sitka pants. I know what I will be wearing.....

11-Nov-19

LINK's embedded Photo
Not sure of the style name but this is the target pair with the tight leg.
LINK's embedded Photo
Not sure of the style name but this is the target pair with the tight leg.
I picked up a pair of the Wrangler All Terrain Gear utility pants from Walmart for $20. I love the fit and the material seams somewhat durable. This pair has the zippered thigh pockets.

I bought a pair that target had that was still the ATG for $26. The fit was the same but the leg was tapered a little to close to skinny jeans. The pockets were normal but it did have elastic closures at the bottom of the leg. I love both pair other than the tapered leg. I wear them to church, around the house and out on the town...basically everywhere. I just noticed they have a pair for $25 that are a winter weight pair(fleece lined) . I might have to try those too. ;)

11-Nov-19
I've killed elk in at least 20 different brands/styles of pants, maybe more, and none were called Sitka or Kuiu. My all time favorites for elk woods were Woolrich light wool in gray camo, but they quit making them many years ago and mine finally wore out.

These days I pretty much go with some C4Es and the Duluth Firehose pants DirtyD likes. This year we had to wade a river to go after a bear and the guy I was hunting with pointed out that my Duluth Firehose pants weren't wet after the knee-deep crossing. That was interesting.

11-Nov-19
Kuiu Attack!!

11-Nov-19
I too like those wrangler flex fit pants. Have 2 or 3 pair and they are excellent. Also use the Duluth Flex dry on the fly cargo almost every day when not at work.

11-Nov-19
I have some Wrangler camo pants I purchased on closeout at MalWart, and some Filson heavy wool pants for when it gets really cold, but I have no idea what brand most of the pants I wear are. None are very expensive and they work just fine.

11-Nov-19

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
Union Bay Travel Tech Pants...they fit great, have the cellphone pocket, and dry out super quick.

I bought some fabric paint, and did a "poor man's camo" job on these 22 dollar pants.

11-Nov-19
Hunted in the 5.11 Icons this year... comfortable, love the cut, dry super fast. They check all the boxes.

14-Nov-19

Starvingpilgrim 's embedded Photo
Starvingpilgrim 's embedded Photo
Perfection

14-Nov-19
Starving- not enough pockets. They would make my @ss look big. And way too expensive. Would cost at least 1/2 of everything I own!

14-Nov-19
I'm a bibs kinda guy never have to worry about pulling your pants up when wearing bibs & an added bonus is if your boys happen to be out of sorts or itching it's easy access

14-Nov-19
Kuiu’s attack pants inho are the best pants ever made..

14-Nov-19
Z,

Nope, there’s definitely a couple of pockets there;-)

Definitely a correct evaluation of what it would cost you!

Dayum!

14-Nov-19
I’m not the guy that spends a lot of money on gear and clothes.....

But I bought a pair of the Duluth Firehose pants and I will be buying another pair or two.

16-Nov-19

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Here is camouflage version of the Wrangler pants per Brad. $46 to my door for 2 pair from Wallyworld.com. Do they make my butt look big?

16-Nov-19
Got my Wranglers, too. Love the fit....we'll see how they hold up.

16-Nov-19
Z. Same answer as when the old lady asks if her pants make her butt look big....

Nope. Your butt makes your butt look big. :)

19-Feb-20
Old post!! My Walmart has the wranglers on clearance for $15 right now if anybody is looking for pants. 4 way stretch and thigh pocket on each side.

19-Feb-20
IMO Kuiu Attack pants are the perfect Sept bowhunting pant. Wait for a sale. It's money well spent.

20-Feb-20
Sitka Ascents and the Wrangler pants are my two favorites. Late season I prefer the Sitka Mountain pants.

20-Feb-20
Kuiu attack pants are still the best pant I’ve put on. I put them through hell at work and have had zero issue. Wish they weren’t $139, but they hold up very, very well.

21-Feb-20
100% wool ...get em at Goodwill for $3 a pair

21-Feb-20
Starvingpilgrim is the clear winner, but I think the price tag on that pair would make Sitka, Kuiu and First Lite look cheap.

21-Feb-20

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
I just took advantage of the Kuiu Presidents’ Day sale and picked up a pair of the guide pants. Wished I would have bought two. I really like them. I’m going to try the Wranglers also if it’s a warm season when out in CO. This fall.

I like the Duluth Trading pants but absolutely hate the slash pockets. Every time I sit in them my pockets empty out.

21-Feb-20
Same here, Drop Tine, except I ordered the Kuiu Sierra pant. Just got them in the mail today.

Anybody have any feedback on the Sierras?

21-Feb-20
I took advantage of the same sale and bought the Pro pant. Came yesterday. Great fit.

21-Feb-20
Parana zions are sweet. I like Sitka ascent for warm weather hunts. And Sitka timberline for cold hunts

21-Feb-20
Kuiu Attack pants for me.

24-Feb-20
t-roy I have one pair of Sierras and while the material is fine, the fit is awful. The 34s fit nothing like the 34s I have in Tiburons and Attacks.

24-Feb-20
Never tried the Sierra's, have had no reason to stray from the tried and true Attack pant. Let me know how you like them t-roy! I have a pair of Talus pants for late season, really like them as well. Never been a fan of the guide pant, just doesn't fill a need for me.

24-Feb-20

24-Feb-20

Camouflage Clothing's embedded Photo
Camouflage Clothing's embedded Photo
DAY ONE CAMOUFLAGE.com is still very much in business contrary to some post saying otherwise. 2019 was an amazing year for us with many customer returning to gear that has continued to work so well for their hunts. After 33 years in business it is time to find a new owner and step down and go hunting. Contact us if you have an interest. We have taken hunters from the deserts to the Arctic. See our line-up of camouflage patterns, especially the WINDOWcamo and ASAT. Hunt longer, GARY Good luck and hunt with confidence.

• Sitka Gear