Nick Muche 25-Oct-19
BC173 25-Oct-19
MQQSE 25-Oct-19
'Ike' (Phone) 25-Oct-19
Chuckster 25-Oct-19
t-roy 25-Oct-19
Dooner 25-Oct-19
23-Oct-19
I'm listening to the latest Meateater podcast and one of the topics they're discussing is myths we've all heard about daddy long legs spiders. A listener wrote in to tell a story about losing the blood trail on a buck and being assisted by the dandy long legs spiders that congregated on pin drops of blood to ultimately find his buck.

Were TBM's claims verified by this independent source or has his legendary trolling finally reached Steve Rinella and crew? Either way I'll be looking for spiders on my next track job.

23-Oct-19
Haha I posted about this Monday hahaha!

23-Oct-19
Wth I'm seriously getting old,

Wouldn't need the tracking spiders if you had used the ham blaster shot

23-Oct-19
TBM was in the very top tier of bowsite posters when it comes to results. Spiders or not, we were better with him around.

24-Oct-19
I agree Nick, I'd trade 4-5 of the newer guys just to have TBM back...

24-Oct-19
My vote goes to bring back TBM. The guy was a classic. You really never knew if he was trolling or not.

The best was when he made that solo trek to Montana and killed a bull on public land much to all the doubters dismay. I think it was his first elk and first attempt?

Anyone got that cartoon picture of him sitting in a tree stand in his Alabama hat, tracking spiders, etc pic? That was a classic.

24-Oct-19
I too thought of TBM when I was blood trailing a buck a few days ago and saw daddy long legs on the blood spots. His buck-wresting story was epic but he also told a lot of epic failures. I'm on the fence as to his value here on bowsite.

As I remember he supposedly shot a bull his first time hunting elk but he got lots of help from Mule Power, who (I think) said he later regretted helping TBM. Also, the following year TBM went back for elk and was supposedly successful. Since he was banned here he posted his success photos on Rokslide. Rokslide members then debunked the photos as being from someone else and he was then banned from Rokslide.

24-Oct-19
In Illinois you can use them, but they have to be on a leash........

24-Oct-19
He did kill an elk in Montana, totally cold-turkey on elk hunting, that was a classic thread...

24-Oct-19
I am pretty sure he got thrown off the Traditional Bowhunters group on facespace as well. The guy knows how to push buttons.

24-Oct-19
Woods....too funny.

I`m just trying to figure out how long a tracking job would take....days, weeks. They don`t travel very far and what do you use to track the spider when you lose sight of it. I need answers dammit!

24-Oct-19
+1 Nick. TBM was a fun time on BS now days it’s gotten PC and kind of boring around here.

24-Oct-19
Yea I miss TBM too we have a few wannabes no doubt but they have very little if any comedic value....

24-Oct-19
Franklin - I'm sure Garmin is developing a spider model of the Astra so you will be able to keep up with them.

24-Oct-19
I breed, train and sell tracking spiders. Mostly daddy long legs but some burrowing spiders for the deer that dig tunnels to get escape ( a lot of hunters don't know that's a thing). We will have full page adds in all the magazines just as soon as I get bought out by Ferralade sports.

24-Oct-19
I agree with Nick. Steve was great entertainment and a hell of a Hunter. He killed a elk first try and then did it again. He also made me laugh when he went after the so called greats on this site and they whined and had him kicked off.. he was a classic for sure. HDYLMK

24-Oct-19
Did somebody say "TBM"?

24-Oct-19
I don't miss TBM, but I never understood his humor, I found him annoying more than anything.

24-Oct-19
Man, all someone has to do is sell some spiders named 'Sitka' or 'Kuiu' and you'd be wealthy.

24-Oct-19
The problem with spiders is they occasionally get side-tracked by the presence of corn piles.

I liked TBM's sense of humor, but mine is a little off as well so this is not a ringing endorsement:)

24-Oct-19
+1 Nick. TBM was a fun time on BS now days it’s gotten PC and kind of boring around here.

24-Oct-19
TBM might be the greatest elk hunter that ever lived.

24-Oct-19
I actually miss reading his posts, but miss reading the replies more! Bring him back.

24-Oct-19
Did anybody really know who TBM was? I was pretty new here towards his end and I couldn't quite figure out whether he was real or made up.... Did enjoy his threads tho!

25-Oct-19
Pretty sure he has videos on YouTube that aren’t too out there. I recognized him on there one day watching turkey videos. I think he enjoyed trolling around this place and wasn’t as nuts as he led on.

25-Oct-19
The people who take themselves or others too seriously never got the TBM thing. It’s all about entertainment and he entertained.

25-Oct-19
I asked him on FB if he'd entertain coming back to Bowsite and this was his response... "Nah, there's too many rifle hunters on that site." LMAO!!

25-Oct-19
Sure the tracking spiders would work in warm weather, but what about on the cold winter Months up north?

25-Oct-19

fubar racin's embedded Photo
fubar racin's embedded Photo
Here ya go Jeff

25-Oct-19
TBM would have been pure awesome if he had a measure of self control. I think the problem was when he would literally attempt to take over every single thread. You couldn't get away. Every part of bowsite was TBM. It's easy to think back of "how great we had it in Egypt" but you forget about the bad parts. It's like a gruelling hard hunt. When you're in it, it can flat out suck, but later we remember it as an awesome experience, and the bad parts gloss over. It's how people can have multiple kids lol. TBM was flat out hilarious sometimes but I do also remember him invading every single thread, and not every thread needed to have the "TBM flavour" to it. There's most likely a reason he's been booted from all the forums... Just food for thought ;) I enjoyed his humor part time, and I was an eye roller part time.

25-Oct-19

25-Oct-19
Good ol' TBM... that boy just couldn't help himself. He was the Trump of Bowsite.

25-Oct-19
And here we have an example of the TBM wannabe crowd all the annoyance without the humor....

25-Oct-19
I was glad to see TBM go but I’ll admit I kinda miss the guy. It gets slow around here sometimes...

25-Oct-19
He was the same clown on every forum he moved too; looking for "next level" folks he could relate too.

25-Oct-19
""Nah, there's too many rifle hunters on that site." LMAO!! "

Now that is a classic TBM response and exactly why I miss his sense of humor!

25-Oct-19
I agree with Nick. Sometimes he had me scratching my head, thinking WTF, and other times he had me laughing my ass off. One thing for sure though, there never was a dull moment when he was here.

25-Oct-19
He was pure entertainment. I miss his posts and responses.

25-Oct-19
What BC said...You’d never know what might come from him!

25-Oct-19
When the PY convention was in Phoenix. I went up to Pat and said "Are you Pat"? He said yea. I said "Hi, I'm TBM". He says "no your not" LOL. Had a good laugh with that one.

25-Oct-19
APauls X2. Very well stated.

25-Oct-19
APauls X3.

TMB was a prevacatour, probably very high IQ, likely an egomaniac, and hugely entertaining. For me, I'll never forget his first elk hunt, where he used a toilet plunger for his bugle, and got his bull!! Priceless. He definitely had fun with us.

• Sitka Gear