12yards 24-Oct-19
Scar Finga 24-Oct-19
cnelk 24-Oct-19
Steve Leffler 24-Oct-19
Boreal 24-Oct-19
wildwilderness 24-Oct-19
bonehead 24-Oct-19
23-Oct-19
So my teenage son broke his collarbone messing around on mini 4wheeler. It is his left collar bone and he shoots his bow left handed (70#). Has any had this injury? How long til he can shoot again ?

23-Oct-19
I’d ask his doctor.

23-Oct-19
Dr. Never shot a bow and doesn’t hunt. Just gives a long term answer like don’t do anything for 3 months. It was a simple fracture, no setting, surgery required.

I am planning a trip to kodiak over Thanksgiving and hoping if he has a chance to hunt, if even with a rifle.

23-Oct-19
I'm no doctor. But I can tell you shoulder injuries are no joke. Especially for bow hunters. Take the time to let it heal right. Otherwise he could be paying for it the rest of his life

23-Oct-19
Several weeks..depending on his ability to be patient,they heal fast, and can be screwed up just as fast.i have broken it 3 times, moto x and downhill mountain bike racing.its a weird feeling during the healing process. Keeping it STILL,is paramount!! Good luck

23-Oct-19
If the doctor said three months probably better to follow than listen to some guy on bowsite that want to show how tough he was.

23-Oct-19
My left side got broken after being by a car from behind. It was two or three months before it was mostly healed. Took about six months before I was around 90%. This was late 1974 and it never got back to 100%.

23-Oct-19
Ask the doc. Don’t mess around and let him re injure it.

23-Oct-19
Sometimes you make a mistake and it has consequences.

He’s not too young to learn that... and you’re not too old. Cheap lesson compared to many.

Go and have fun together. 20 years from now, neither one of you will give a rat’s ass that he couldn’t shoot, but you’ll both be forever thankful for every good memory of that trip.

Hunting is not all about shooting and killing.

24-Oct-19
Not sure if hunting with a pistol might be an option?

24-Oct-19
Exactly what GF said.

24-Oct-19
Senior year, hockey teammate of my son broke his collar bone early in the season. Came back after 2 months and rebroke it on a light hit. I wouldn't push it.

24-Oct-19
Yep, broke mine, dislocated my shoulder and tore some tendons and didn't let it heal right... This was in 1991 or so. I still to this day have problems with it!!! Don't even think about the rifle thing! Let it heal and don't take a single shortcut!!!

Go have fun and forget about him hunting. Just the recoil from the rifle on his right side could have an effect on the left!!

Just my story and opinion... Good Luck!

24-Oct-19
Broke mine in 1976 playing flag football - missed deer season that year

24-Oct-19
I am a physician and bowhunter. 12 weeks is about right. It will hurt a lot for about 6 weeks but won’t be well healed for 8-10 weeks. If he rebreaks it at 10 weeks the healing starts all the way back to the beginning.

24-Oct-19
Just spray some Windex on it. He'll be fine....

24-Oct-19
I didn’t think about the pistol......

I have a friend with a competition 6 dasher that is basically a rifle without a stock and a suppressor! My son is right handed but left eye dominant so handguns are easy. That would work well for deer ....

24-Oct-19
depends on the fracture.If it is undisplaced and shows good fracture healing on x-ray and he has no pain when he tries to touch the outside of his other shoulder with his wrist, he can probably shoot safely at 6 weeks.If any of these are not met, then longer

• Sitka Gear