Inshart 27-Oct-19
Drop Tine 27-Oct-19
BigOk 27-Oct-19
arlone 29-Oct-19
Alexis Desjardins 29-Oct-19
24-Oct-19

Daydreamer's embedded Photo
Per Scoot’s suggestion I thought I’d share my daughters first ever hunt over the aforementioned MEA weekend in MN.

I have three girls and I’ve made it a point to start bringing the girls along to the blind at the age of 3. Last fall I realized that MN had a youth season and my daughter would be age 10 this year, the minimum to hunt in MN. My daughter is very petite and while she loves shooting her bow there is zero chance she could pull back the required minimum. So I thought rather than get her started by gun hunting we’d start her with a crossbow. This was after I asked her last year if she’d be interested in hunting this fall. She said yes which made this dad very happy. Fast forward to earlier this fall when we stopped and picked up her first ever license!

24-Oct-19

Last Thursday is opening day of the youth season. She took a couple last practice shots before we headed out. We had regular practice sessions all summer. I like the fact that she would get super pissed if she had a bad practice shot.

24-Oct-19

Couple of shots before and during our treck to the stand.

24-Oct-19

24-Oct-19

First night we ended up seeing two does that strolled through at 15 yards. She chose not to shoot instead wanted to wait for a buck. Still a good night in the blind.

24-Oct-19

Day 2, Friday afternoon. Headed out. We actually spotted but eventually bumped a doe and a small buck on our walk in. I knew they didn’t get our scent so I was hoping they would come back at some point.

24-Oct-19

Getting squirrelly in the blind!

24-Oct-19
Cutest little deer hunter I ever saw...I hope she gets one! Good luck!

24-Oct-19

Daydreamer's Link
6:30 comes and we see a spike on its way toward us. Wind is good. Walking directly towards a scrape that’s 30 yards where I presumed any shot opportunties would occur.

She waited until he stopped at the scrape, clicked the safety off, and shot. Hit him pretty good. I’ll try to attach video and a still shot of arrow impact.

24-Oct-19
She was excited, I was ecstatic! We shared a big hug that I will remember forever. It was only 6:30, the deer ran opposite of our entry trail. I was pretty sure the deer was dead but wanted to give it some time. We headed back to the house to grab some dinner and pick up grandpa who started me on a hunting path at an early age as well.

24-Oct-19

Great shot, Sophia!

24-Oct-19

Thanks elkmtngear for embedding the link.

We pick up the blood trail at 8:00 pm. Sophia is great at blood trailing it turns out! We let her lead the way.

24-Oct-19

A short 40 yards later I let her spot it for the first time! Her first ever deer.

24-Oct-19
Beautifully done, all the way around!

She should be very proud!

24-Oct-19

Photo time

24-Oct-19
Congratulations, that is awesome!!

24-Oct-19

24-Oct-19
Love it! Congrats Sophia and Dad! Hope I can share a similar experience with my little girl in 7 or 8 years!

24-Oct-19

It was awesome as you can imagine. Such a cool feeling as a dad. I remember reading an article in the Bugle magazine years ago on how a grown daughter was reflecting on her time hunting with her dad who had since passed. Her premise was she had other brothers and sisters but when she went hunting with her dad, that was her time to share with him and bond with him. I cut out that article and have made it a point to introduce them to the outdoors. If they choose to pick it up that’s their choice. She wasn’t the one I assumed would want to shoot a deer but let that be a lesson as well. Don’t project onto your kids. She was excited as hell to share this at school and I sent a pic to her teacher for her to show the class. Thanks for following. Now it’s my turn hopefully?? Thanks for the inspiration to post and for leading the way with your kids Scoot!!

24-Oct-19
Well done Sophia! Daddy/Daughter hunts will always hold a special place for me. This one was awesome! There's just something special about getting your little princess out in the woods. I'll never forget my daughter's first hunt, first deer, first turkey, and the many more after. Congrats to you Cade and to your daughter on an amazing memory. Hopefully it is the first of many to come!

24-Oct-19
Fantastic job Sophia!

24-Oct-19
Way to go Sophia and dad !!!! That’s awesome !!!

24-Oct-19
That is awesome. I love the picture of the tag notches.

24-Oct-19
Thanks for the replies guys. Especially those of you like Scoot and Brotsky who’ve paved the way on Bowsite (at least for me) for the youth involvement. Side note on the face paint. We started that when each kid was 3, not because we think it will help, more so as a tradition and a rite of passage. They love it and look forward to it.

24-Oct-19
Congrats to you both. Father daughter time is very special for sure!

24-Oct-19
Good job to both of you!

24-Oct-19
Congrats Sophia

24-Oct-19
Way to go you 2!! Good stuff and great smiles !!

24-Oct-19
Congratulations, Sophia! She shot the tasty buck in the woods! A memory neither of you will never forget!

24-Oct-19
Spectacular... Congratulations to you both.

24-Oct-19
Way to go Sophia! Thanks for sharing your hunt with us!

24-Oct-19
Congrats Sophia...VERY NICE!

24-Oct-19
GREAT JOB, SOPHIA!!! Congrats and kudos to you as well, Cade! Something you both will cherish and remember with fond memories for the rest of your lives.

BTW....I hope you realize that you have a “secret weapon” that will most surely gain you access to some great hunting spots. Who could resist that little cutie pie’s face?!!

24-Oct-19
Congrats! Looking forward to future hunt recaps!

24-Oct-19
Way to go! I love these kid threads. Great to see the next generation starting out.

24-Oct-19
T-Roy, how do you think I got access to the place we hunt right now;)?? It’s been a blessing to hunt where we do, which is across the street from my house. Nice when I have three kids and a wife who works full time. Can slip in for a morning or evening hunt without disrupting an entire weekend.

24-Oct-19
wow that is way cool

25-Oct-19
Great job Sophia!! That’s a good day!

25-Oct-19
That's what it's all about! WAY TO GO Sophia! : )

25-Oct-19
Congrats Sophia and good job Dad, these are my favorite threads by far....

25-Oct-19
What an excellent story and outcome!! Congratulations dad you are doing it right!!!

CONGRATULATIONS SOPHIA!!!!! VERY WELL DONE!!!! WOOOO HOOOOO!

25-Oct-19
Awesome man. Thats super cool. Love every bit of it.

25-Oct-19
That's great!!! Congrats to the young lady.

25-Oct-19
That's what I am talking about! Way to go and a huge congrats to your daughter!! I love everything about this thread, wow!

25-Oct-19
Congratulations Sophia and dad, beautiful pictures and story.

25-Oct-19
Love it! Hats off Sir

25-Oct-19
Excellent! Congrats to both of you!

25-Oct-19
Great memories. Congratulations Sophia and well done Dad.

25-Oct-19
Enjoyed this very much!! Great job!

25-Oct-19
Congrats to the huntress and thanks so much for sharing brightened up an otherwise gloomy rainy day Lewis

25-Oct-19
Awesome! Congrats!

25-Oct-19
That`s what it`s all about right there!

26-Oct-19
Tell her great job! You both will remember that forever!

27-Oct-19
As has been said, congratulations Sophia, that was a great shot. You are one dynamic young gal!

Now take a bunch of bite size pieces, season them the way you like, wrap some bacon around them, put em on the grill, serve them up to your entire family. They will be begging you to go out and get some more. :) :)

27-Oct-19
Way to go Sophia!!

And dad.

27-Oct-19
Congrats Sophia!!!!

29-Oct-19
Congrats to Sophia on a great "11" pointer!

29-Oct-19
Awesome buck Sophia congrats many more to come your way.

• Sitka Gear