kota-man 30-Oct-19
Nick Muche 30-Oct-19
Brotsky 30-Oct-19
Ghost425 30-Oct-19
Ghost425 30-Oct-19
'Ike' (Phone) 30-Oct-19
25-Oct-19

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
Looking forward to getting hands on the new sight...Coming soon! Anyone get to see it at ATA or anywhere else?

From the Backwoods to the Back Country! All the great features of our industry leading Ascent Verdict but in a morecompact lightweight version. The Mountain Lite is offered in 3 and 5 pin heads, and features our new individual adjustable Duel Indicator System The Mountain Lite by Black Gold #IGotAPinForThat.

25-Oct-19
Yep, gonna have one of these on my Prime next season!

25-Oct-19
Love my black gold sights-all I’ve ran for quite a while. I was kinda hoping they would move in the dial on accent closer to the sight housing... I can’t fit 2 bows in my double skb if I’m running an accent on one (Without taking the sight off)... other than that - like the looks of it...

25-Oct-19
Sdkhunter.. black Gold makes a shorter dial. I had my accent verdict made with one. And my buddy sent his in to have the dial replaced with the shorter one.

25-Oct-19
Their custom shop...

25-Oct-19
I have the original short(est) dial on my Ascent Verdict that has a Whitetail base. Black Gold worked with me to modify it. Also have a stock Whitetail Ascent on my backup bow. The Whitetail dial is shorter than the regular Ascent but longer than their shortest original dial. I wish they would make one flush with the body for those us using them as a seldom dialed sight in the field. When they stick out they are willow catchers in moose and caribou country. Other than that they are an excellent hunter’s sight.

30-Oct-19
Man I love that. BlackGold is just the best in the industry right now with what they're doing, and the direction they're headed. Great to see at least one company that still "get's it". I was genuinely concerned when they were sold that everything would go down the drain, but they have really managed to keep the quality up, and the improvements and innovation on track and steady. Good for them.

30-Oct-19
What is the "Individually adjustable Duel Indicator System, Allowing you to select multiple pins on your sight tape"? Can someone explain what that is and how it works?

30-Oct-19
First off, huge MBG fan. Been running the Verdict for a few years on my bows and love it! The Mountain Lite looks good, but I'm with Bloodtrail - you'd think that you'd highlight what the actual weight is since that seems to be one of the major advantages of this sight.

And BagginBigguns, looks like you can index two pins with the "Duel Indicator System." In other words, if you have a a three pin sight set at 20-40-60, you could have an indicator set at 20 yards for the top pin and 40 yards for the bottom pin. This way, if you have a Biggun at say 30 yards, you don't have to dial back from 60, you can dial down from 20. That's how I assume it works anyway!

30-Oct-19
I certainly agree that MBG is a top brand in the sight game. I own a couple myself, though am currently using Spot Hoggs. I am certainly not questioning the quality or others opinions, but i really don’t see the “innovation and improvements” in this particular sight. Looks like another basic slider, with no frills (which I like) and 2 indicator pointers (which sport Hogg has had for a few years now). Kinda like a lot of the archery industry, just seems stagnant, only so much can be done with a slider sight.

Seems like a good sight and I would consider it if I was in the market, but I don’t see anything overly exciting. And like the easybiggator, the first thing I looked for on the specs was weight and didn’t see it listed. Hell, “Lite” is in the name, where are the specs?

—Jim

30-Oct-19
I agree with Jim. While MBG is a great company with a great product (and a sponsor to boot) I don't see the "innovation" here. I've been a Spot Hogg Fast Eddie fan since it came out and it looks like it will make the cut for another year. If I was going to buy a new sight, this one would be on my radar for sure but I just don't see the value over what I already have.

30-Oct-19
I made the switch back to Black Gold after a 6 year hiatus with single pin Spot Hogg. I picked up a 5 pin Whitetail Ascent or whatever it's called and I am liking it a lot.

30-Oct-19
I'm still running the original Ascent 3 pin on my bow. There are significant upgrades in this sight over my old one. I too would like to see the weight savings.

30-Oct-19
I love my MBG........I hate to think how much that one costs....

30-Oct-19
I did the same thing as Nick Muche last year. Got rid of Fast Eddie and put on the Black Gold Verdict Ascent. I find that often times I didn’t have time to dial my site to the appropriate distance with the Fast Eddie. I prefer the 5 pin Verdict, it allows me to shoot to 60 yards with no adjustment however it Is adjustable if I choose, need or want to use that option

30-Oct-19
Black gold makes quality, and I’m sure the mountain lite sight will be no exception. Do wonder weight along with others

30-Oct-19
That’s my whole things about getting hands on...How much weight did they reduce?!?

• Sitka Gear