midwest 29-Oct-19
DanaC 29-Oct-19
Dusktildawn 29-Oct-19
Grubby 29-Oct-19
26-Oct-19

Grubby's embedded Photo
Grubby's embedded Photo

26-Oct-19
A bad day hunting is better than a good day at home. On days like this I often hunt the places I had never considered before. It has paid off a few times on the meat pile and always pays off in memories.

26-Oct-19
Yep I agree you should stay home.

26-Oct-19
I'm in northern Iowa. Waiting for that NW wind Sunday morning. They have been few and far between this fall.

26-Oct-19
Bad weather has been good to me on many hunts. Living in WY the weather isn't always the best on most days but I'll still hunt unless the wind is blowing 40mph plus with snow.

26-Oct-19
Just checked the 10 days for 2 areas that I hunt, saw a couple days as nice as that

26-Oct-19
Doesn't matter how great the weather is....if the Drury's say the deercast is poor, it's a no go. Sorry for your luck, Grubby.

26-Oct-19
Dang it, I went against the grain and tried it, turns out they were right, ol drop tine, cactus jack, skyjacker and Larry never showed.

They should incorporate an alarm clock in their app that doesn’t go off when you shouldn’t go out.

26-Oct-19
Well, if I lived in William's I'd just stay in bed! ( coming from a guy that lived in Littlefork for 16 yrs)

26-Oct-19
I swear to god the drurys say some days the hunting is good here.....

26-Oct-19
So the poor means don’t go. I’m glad to be learning some stuff on this site. I’ve sure wasted lots of time being ignorant. Wonder if f my ScoutLook has the same information

26-Oct-19
Definitely spend more time online r , you will learn LOTS!

I came in because I thought my tree was going to blow over...... crazy wind this morning

26-Oct-19
Hey, wait until you get the "moon guide"! I saw a guy on TV yesterday. The moon guide told him that. That particular deer was going to come out and walk underneath his tree at the exact time. Amazing.

26-Oct-19
If the moon guide can predict when a buck is gonna walk by a stand, if you have 36 stands scattered out over 257 acres, does that mean I would have 1 different mature buck walking by all of them

26-Oct-19
I’m pretty sure on the Drury land it’s always good hunting!

26-Oct-19
The Drury’s got one thing right, for sure.

“If the hunting is not good where you are, you have two choices. Find a better spot, or make your spot better.”

And it only takes time and money to do that. Or a huge stroke of luck!

26-Oct-19
No such thing. Except for the occurrence of super deep snow, flooding or some other physically impossible condition there is no bad time to hunt. You may make bad choices on where to hunt but rest assured the deer are moving and active and eating somewhere.

26-Oct-19
Lucky for me, my deer don't have that app.

28-Oct-19
I like DeerCast. There is a lot more to it than just the best time to hunt model they use. Is it 100% accurate on all deer movement in everyone's area, of course not. Listen to their short tutorials and you will find out that a bad day on Nov. 5 is most likely a better day than a great day on Sept. 30th. BC

28-Oct-19
NEVER miss October 26th., no matter what! Paid off for me again this weekend and the wind was blowing like mad. Shot a buck in the morning, took care of it, and had deer all over me the rest of the day while moving stands and checking cameras. If you stayed in bed you missed out big time.

28-Oct-19
Never paid any attention to things like that. I see deer most every time I go out. If I don't kill one, its okay, at least I got out. I am used to not killing anything, hunting from the ground all the time. I get a lot of close calls, and pass a lot of small deer. Stuff like those predictions are only a general guide, they mean little to me in the big picture. Moon phase maps are a better guide. The fishing ones are a little better, they are more accurate. I pay attention tot eh conditions for that given day, and adjust accordingly. I like to adapt to conditions, go where my instinct tells me to that day. Wind direction, precipitation, barometric pressure, all help me decide. If that is what the guide goes by, fine, go for it, I try to figure out that stuff on my own. Sometimes that works out. I just want to get out there whenever I get an opportunity, I get few now days, so I ain't sleeping in! More power to you guys who have that option, the luxury of being able to do that and still hunt. Good hunting everyone!!!

28-Oct-19
The Drury boys never lived in Williams - I lived there for 25 years

28-Oct-19
I wonder if they want to buy my place?? They could manage the hell out of it.

28-Oct-19
Fawns and calves are born at the same time every year in any area that has serious winter. Gestation is a set time length within a few days. So that means the does/cows are bred at the same time every fall. It's all about survival in the spring for the newborns.

As far as non-rut movement, about the only difference I see in activity is a bit more before a major winter storm from or right after. Or after a night of severe wind and rain. Those very gray mornings that have no real sunrise, deer seem to linger a bit longer in the open.

28-Oct-19
Grubby, maybe cnelk wants to move back. Make him a deal.

28-Oct-19
^^^^ Ummmmm. Hard Pass. :)

28-Oct-19
Brad says Minnesota is a great place to be FROM. ;-)

28-Oct-19
Brad, I’ll rent you a room , you can’t hunt though, I’ve got some real giants named and I don’t want them killed

28-Oct-19
Incidentally nick, I hope one day it’s “someplace I used to live”

28-Oct-19
We're moving away in the spring, which can't come soon enough..

28-Oct-19
Hey! Gophers football 8-0! Got home from Colorado last night. Heading to my shack tomorrow to hunt grouse and get ready for deer season. Northern Minn good place to be in the Fall. Ice fishing not far off!

28-Oct-19
Lol, great place, my neighbor stopped me yesterday, the no trespassing signs disappeared from his property line again .

28-Oct-19
Josh - is Kent giving you grief again?

28-Oct-19
Other direction..... again. Lol

28-Oct-19
Thursdays have been so good to me over nearly five decades that I might as well sleep in the other six days of the week....

28-Oct-19
Lou, can you tell me what day is best for me? Seems like a good system

28-Oct-19
This year I told my girlfriend to be ready to help pack the next day because I was going to kill an elk. She asked how I knew. "Because it's Thursday of the last week. That's when I always kill one." She laughed. Then when I called her from the mountain and told her to bring her pack frame, she asked, "How did you know?"

28-Oct-19
Sundays are my day. I thought yesterday was gonna be my day. Couldn't believe it wasn't.

28-Oct-19
Adam, I never saw a deer yesterday after I told jr I was going to kill one. He saw 1 spike and he should have definitely seen some does anyway. I’m claiming Tuesday as my day.

28-Oct-19
I only hunt on days that end in “y”.

28-Oct-19
I hunt in months that end in ‘R’

28-Oct-19
Brad, your from Williams..... you’re forgetting about July and August

28-Oct-19
Damn. Even after 30 yrs, I still can’t get away from that. Ya got me. :)

28-Oct-19
Everyone that's from Minnesota says it's a good place to be from.

29-Oct-19
The deercast for my area said poor to good for the weekend, but our group had one of the best weekends of hunting since we have been on the farm (5 seasons)! Love the app, but I still hunt any and every day that I can the last week of October-November!

29-Oct-19
"if the Drury's say the deercast is poor, it's a no go." Really? The deer that are there every other day of the week just vanish??

They are always there someplace, unless you have an unfavorable approach with wind at you back have to walk through a bedding area can almost always figure something out. Advice like that will keep the rookies and newbies who have to follow a phone app out of the woods. Just what I like.

29-Oct-19
"Really?"

No, not really.

29-Oct-19
It's cold and it's pre-rut and somebody predicts 'poor' hunting? Yeah...

29-Oct-19
I've never looked at deercast last 25yrs of hunting. Some of the best weather days were terrible for deer sightings while some of the most miserable conditions have deer moving all day. Kind of like fishing, we would all like favorable conditions, but animals don't follow those 'man made app forecasts' ...I hunt when I can. Good Luck

29-Oct-19
I like it when it says poor, keeps my expectations on a more realistic level

• Sitka Gear