Ambush 26-Oct-19
Rock 26-Oct-19
Ambush 26-Oct-19
t-roy 26-Oct-19
standswittaknife 27-Oct-19
Paul@thefort 27-Oct-19
Ambush 27-Oct-19
26-Oct-19
I was up early this morning as usual. I looked out the window at the frost on my windshield and the stars in a clear sky. After a month of wet cloudy weather, it was refreshing. Then it hit me! Go sit in the blind.

In my eagerness, I ended up sitting in the dark for quite sometime. I was struck anew with how BIG noise is when you’re trying to be stealthy. The wet frozen ground crunched harshly. When I’m not hunting I don’t even notice it.

The dark slowly relented to the light, as usual. My nose is dripping from the cold, as usual. And nothing has showed up yet, as usual.

But after a fall so far of humping mountains, and getting beat on by steep terrain, wind, cold and snow. Getting smacked down by elk, sheep and goats. The last week has been one crappy disappointment after another on some self inflicted recreational misery and I needed something. I don’t start this hunt until November and I won’t likely sit again for a couple of weeks.

But this morning, I just had to go.

26-Oct-19
Good for you Rod, hoping for a little luck!

26-Oct-19
Nice...

26-Oct-19
Right there with you, Rod!

Haven’t seen a goat yet. Had to go back to Denver for work Wednesday night and drove 7 hours back down to the unit and climbed 2,500’ this morning to get up to goat country. Crazy to have service up here at 13K! Likely won’t around the backside.

Givin ‘em Hell!

26-Oct-19
A doe with big, healthy twin fawns showed up. The buck fawn is feeding about fifteen feet from my window. He stopped to pee on his hocks and lick them. A sure sign of things to come.

26-Oct-19

Treeline's embedded Photo
Every day above treeline is a great day!
Treeline's embedded Photo
Every day above treeline is a great day!

26-Oct-19
You to Tavis!! I hope you can strike one against the Goat Clan for the rest of us!! Good luck!

26-Oct-19
Should be getting close to show time for a big boy to show up for you Rod!

Shoot straight!

Headed around and further up the mountain.

Good luck!

26-Oct-19

Ambush's embedded Photo
They mow my meagre plot off in about a week. Then it’s slim pickings
Ambush's embedded Photo
They mow my meagre plot off in about a week. Then it’s slim pickings

26-Oct-19
Good luck!

26-Oct-19
I don’t expect to kill anything this morning or to even see any horns. October especially, is a real buck vacuum here. But as long as does come and go, the transient antlered Romeo’s will come looking for their Juliets.

26-Oct-19
Good luck Rod, I saw a good one this morning but not close enough maybe this evening or in the morning with this storm moving in.

26-Oct-19
Good luck Ron, you've got a couple of good ones around there.

Six deer total for this morning. Was a beautiful, crisp sunny morning and a very nice break from life's annoyances.

26-Oct-19
Good luck to you, Rod! I’m headed out tomorrow for the first morning sit of this season. I went pheasant hunting this morning, for the first time in about 15-20 years.

27-Oct-19
Love this hunt every year..

27-Oct-19
I am with you Rod. After humping the mts for elk, it is refreshing to just set in a blind or treestand for WTs. Good luck. my best, Paul

27-Oct-19
Yes Paul, they say as we age we become more impatient. Not sure about that? The older I get the easier it gets to sit for ten hours doing nothing! And not even think I was wasting time.

• Sitka Gear