WapitiBob 29-Oct-19
Brotsky 29-Oct-19
YZF-88 29-Oct-19
midwest 29-Oct-19
LUNG$HOT 29-Oct-19
WapitiBob 30-Oct-19
'Ike' (Phone) 30-Oct-19
27-Oct-19
I can't seem to find what the official word is on the changes to the Wyoming elk application and draw for 2020. What did they decide on?

27-Oct-19
Get ready for long wait for refund ......

27-Oct-19
NR apps Jan 1 - Jan 31, change period open till May 8, results within 2 weeks.

You can not change draws in the change period ie; regular to special, regular to reduced. You can withdraw but can't add a new app so, If you think you want to apply but aren't sure, put something down and change or withdraw later.

27-Oct-19
Thanks Bob!

27-Oct-19
Looking at what.....16 weeks of holding your money. Not to mention the up front credit card fee you will pay.

27-Oct-19
Ya, everyone should just stop putting in for wyoming... ha ha!

27-Oct-19
Yeah.... fu%k Wyoming and Colorado.... might as well stay home

27-Oct-19
Besides the scam of holding your money that long, we can’t put in for the preference point option. It was nice to apply and be done either way.

27-Oct-19
The late results are really gonna suck for some people

27-Oct-19
Now Colorado just needs to make people have to buy their OTC tags by application deadline and things will be going in the right direction

27-Oct-19
The late results will really make it hard for people to apply for a backup option, like montana.

27-Oct-19
Ya know a wise ol man once told me..... 'all life comes down to is choices.... choices every single day can and will move your life in the directions you choose'. I guess picking WY or MT is no different.....

27-Oct-19
MT is not even close to Wyoming as far as a quality otc hunt. Wyoming may be a pain in the ass but they manage for quality and it shows.

27-Oct-19
Anyone know if you withdraw your application do you have to wait until the draw to get your money back?

27-Oct-19
He who holds the tags makes the rules

27-Oct-19
I’m just giving Montana as an example. Hunted it twice and not a fan. I welcome any changes that will increase draw odds to those committed to hunting Wyoming.

27-Oct-19

WapitiBob's Link
"Anyone know if you withdraw your application do you have to wait until the draw to get your money back?"

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Application-Process

28-Oct-19
Thanks for the link Bob, but i dont think it specifically addressed the refund process if you withdraw. Unless i read it wrong.

28-Oct-19
See the last sentence.

For deadlines for withdrawing applications using the Department’s website, please review the application dates and deadline chart. A $5 fee will be deducted from the license application refund. The refund will be issued upon completion of the drawing. Pioneer applicants are exempt from the $5 withdrawal fee. Applicants may not withdraw from the Super Tag or Super Tag Trifecta drawing or a preference point only purchase. If you withdraw your application(s) from the drawing, your license fee(s) will not be refunded until after the drawing.

28-Oct-19
Thanks Brad! Looks like i missed it.

28-Oct-19
As usual, Bob with the succinct and correct answer.

So true Bou, so true.

29-Oct-19
Whoa, Ike said “succinct”! Us simple illiterate Oklahoma boys are gonna have to look that up!

—Jim

29-Oct-19
It is far easier to post questions on websites and social media vs readin' and cipherin' regulations yourself! (Apparently)

29-Oct-19
Thanks for the link Bob - I had spend a bunch of time searching for it but with your link I was able to find it within minutes. Apparently wasn't looking in the right areas.

It's nice to have a forum where we can get help answer some of these questions - sometimes it feels harder than it should be to find answers and then there is always the question if you are looking at the current/approved regs or the ones from last year....

29-Oct-19
Sometimes, Fish and Game calls Bob with questions! lol

29-Oct-19

WapitiBob's Link
sd, if you don't know where to look it can be tough to get the info you want. Sometimes, good info is compiled for a Commission meeting and unless you look at the meeting notebooks you won't know it's available.

as an example....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z0oHiov5ZN5rHGb8P1iScUddoj6L1EbL

29-Oct-19
"Whoa, Ike said “succinct”! Us simple illiterate Oklahoma boys are gonna have to look that up!"

JT, I think "succinct" is what you need to do to get the opomssum tails out of the drain of your sink?

29-Oct-19
Did I miss a memo on a tag fee increase again? $707 for the tag and application...plus a CC fee as well? How much will that be?

29-Oct-19
Geezus Brotsky....lolololol!

29-Oct-19
“JT, I think "succinct" is what you need to do to get the opomssum tails out of the drain of your sink?“

Lmao!

30-Oct-19
Cc fee is 2.5%, implemented for the 2019 draws. Eliminated a 1.8 million dollar expense.

30-Oct-19
LMAO...Some pretty funny responses!

• Sitka Gear