'Ike' (Phone) 30-Oct-19
Graveyard 30-Dec-19
Z Barebow 30-Dec-19
WapitiBob 30-Dec-19
Graveyard 30-Dec-19
WapitiBob 30-Dec-19
Trial153 02-Jan-20
27-Oct-19
I can't seem to find what the official word is on the changes to the Wyoming elk application and draw for 2020. What did they decide on?

27-Oct-19
Get ready for long wait for refund ......

27-Oct-19
NR apps Jan 1 - Jan 31, change period open till May 8, results within 2 weeks.

You can not change draws in the change period ie; regular to special, regular to reduced. You can withdraw but can't add a new app so, If you think you want to apply but aren't sure, put something down and change or withdraw later.

27-Oct-19
Thanks Bob!

27-Oct-19
Looking at what.....16 weeks of holding your money. Not to mention the up front credit card fee you will pay.

27-Oct-19
Ya, everyone should just stop putting in for wyoming... ha ha!

27-Oct-19
Yeah.... fu%k Wyoming and Colorado.... might as well stay home

27-Oct-19
Besides the scam of holding your money that long, we can’t put in for the preference point option. It was nice to apply and be done either way.

27-Oct-19
The late results are really gonna suck for some people

27-Oct-19
Now Colorado just needs to make people have to buy their OTC tags by application deadline and things will be going in the right direction

27-Oct-19
The late results will really make it hard for people to apply for a backup option, like montana.

27-Oct-19
Ya know a wise ol man once told me..... 'all life comes down to is choices.... choices every single day can and will move your life in the directions you choose'. I guess picking WY or MT is no different.....

27-Oct-19
MT is not even close to Wyoming as far as a quality otc hunt. Wyoming may be a pain in the ass but they manage for quality and it shows.

27-Oct-19
Anyone know if you withdraw your application do you have to wait until the draw to get your money back?

27-Oct-19
He who holds the tags makes the rules

27-Oct-19
I’m just giving Montana as an example. Hunted it twice and not a fan. I welcome any changes that will increase draw odds to those committed to hunting Wyoming.

27-Oct-19

WapitiBob's Link
"Anyone know if you withdraw your application do you have to wait until the draw to get your money back?"

https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Hunting/Application-Process

28-Oct-19
Thanks for the link Bob, but i dont think it specifically addressed the refund process if you withdraw. Unless i read it wrong.

28-Oct-19
See the last sentence.

For deadlines for withdrawing applications using the Department’s website, please review the application dates and deadline chart. A $5 fee will be deducted from the license application refund. The refund will be issued upon completion of the drawing. Pioneer applicants are exempt from the $5 withdrawal fee. Applicants may not withdraw from the Super Tag or Super Tag Trifecta drawing or a preference point only purchase. If you withdraw your application(s) from the drawing, your license fee(s) will not be refunded until after the drawing.

28-Oct-19
Thanks Brad! Looks like i missed it.

28-Oct-19
As usual, Bob with the succinct and correct answer.

So true Bou, so true.

29-Oct-19
Whoa, Ike said “succinct”! Us simple illiterate Oklahoma boys are gonna have to look that up!

—Jim

29-Oct-19
It is far easier to post questions on websites and social media vs readin' and cipherin' regulations yourself! (Apparently)

29-Oct-19
Thanks for the link Bob - I had spend a bunch of time searching for it but with your link I was able to find it within minutes. Apparently wasn't looking in the right areas.

It's nice to have a forum where we can get help answer some of these questions - sometimes it feels harder than it should be to find answers and then there is always the question if you are looking at the current/approved regs or the ones from last year....

29-Oct-19
Sometimes, Fish and Game calls Bob with questions! lol

29-Oct-19

WapitiBob's Link
sd, if you don't know where to look it can be tough to get the info you want. Sometimes, good info is compiled for a Commission meeting and unless you look at the meeting notebooks you won't know it's available.

as an example....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1z0oHiov5ZN5rHGb8P1iScUddoj6L1EbL

29-Oct-19
"Whoa, Ike said “succinct”! Us simple illiterate Oklahoma boys are gonna have to look that up!"

JT, I think "succinct" is what you need to do to get the opomssum tails out of the drain of your sink?

29-Oct-19
Did I miss a memo on a tag fee increase again? $707 for the tag and application...plus a CC fee as well? How much will that be?

29-Oct-19
Geezus Brotsky....lolololol!

29-Oct-19
“JT, I think "succinct" is what you need to do to get the opomssum tails out of the drain of your sink?“

Lmao!

30-Oct-19
Cc fee is 2.5%, implemented for the 2019 draws. Eliminated a 1.8 million dollar expense.

30-Oct-19
LMAO...Some pretty funny responses!

30-Dec-19
Regarding the Commission meeting in April. What do they actually review and what is subject to change. The link WapitiBob sent said to check for season date changes. Could they change the number of tags to be given for each unit or type of tag and if so will this be available for applicants to review to determine how those changes could impact their chance to draw. I'm a non-resident BTW

30-Dec-19
Graveyard. Normally they do not change. But a few years back, (Testing my memory on details) a unit which used to have only type 9 archery tags added Type 1 tags. This change was done between the NR application period and the resident application period. NR's who had been waiting for years to draw Type w/o completion were not happy that now would have to compete with Type 1 tag holder for half of Sept.

That incident was one of the drivers. Additionally the annual biologists reports are filed until March or so. Per WYO statute, the rules are finalized after reports. (Basically Wyo GF was authorizing tags (NR) w/o adjusting for any population or management changes)

The WYO gods can correct any misstatements on my part.

30-Dec-19
All the "tentative" dates and quotas will be available under the "get involved" link, then "public meetings" , usually the 3rd week of March.

For the nr Elk draw, there is an exception in regulation that allows the nr Elk quota to be changed prior to the meeting when the Game Branch submits in writing, to the Fiscal Branch, any updated quotas. Those "new" quotas are usually the same as what we see when the "tentative" quotas come out.

30-Dec-19
Thanks, do we have access to the "tentative" quotas prior to the non-res elk application deadline?

30-Dec-19
Yes *, with a FOIA request.

* The fiscal branch gets them just before the close date so timing can/is an issue and you could easily not have them prior to Jan 31.

If you know you aren't changing draws, regular to special for example, just apply somewhere and then modify the app.

02-Jan-20
Just a heads up, Top rut has some pretty good new filters. Should help some guys do some leg work with their draw choices

• Sitka Gear