APauls 03-Mar-20
Brotsky 03-Mar-20
Bill in SD 16-Mar-20
KHNC 03-Apr-20
Huntcell 03-Apr-20
DPowers 03-Apr-20
KHNC 06-Apr-20
28-Oct-19
The most recent one for Bitterroot Mountain Outfitters is a classic. We should establish a forum where we can have a civil discussion , with both sides present, over such disagreements as this and judge and jury who wins....would be SO entertaining! Since TBM split, the entertainment value needs ratcheted back up!!

I love Outfitter reviews.,.,.my secret Bowsite guilty pleasure....

28-Oct-19
Agree - that was a good one. LOL

28-Oct-19
Yeah, I enjoyed both of the recent reviews from that outfitter. I wanted to start this thread!

28-Oct-19
From the outfitters website, describing a guided elk hunt with them: "To start the trip, you will pack in between 4-12 miles all on horseback."

From outfitters response to his 1st, 1 star Bowsite review: "This was never a wilderness hunt and was not advertised as such on our website. We take a great deal of pride in our camps. It has nice wall tents with wood stoves, some wood floors, wood stoves and a well put-together kitchen. All of our guided archery hunts are from our base camp, they are not packed in."

Do guys like this pay ANY attention to the thoughts in their head????

28-Oct-19
The red Ones are The ones worth reading

28-Oct-19
It always amazes me when 2 accounts are exact polar opposites. Somebody is absolutely lying through their teeth. I guess I wasn’t raised that way but it always amazes me when people can flat lie. In this case I’m not sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle. The question is...which one is lying!!

28-Oct-19
Must not be a BS sponsor.

28-Oct-19
Link

28-Oct-19
The irony is almost all of the “red” reviews come from people who didn’t book with a bow site sponsor, didn’t do their research, didn’t ask any questions on Bowsite but after the fact chose to come to Bowsite to post their review.

A little work up front before booking and most of these reviews wouldn’t be necessary.

Yes some things are uncontrollable for the outfitters but the good ones who make an uncontrollable negative circumstance right after the fact don’t seem to end up here in the “red” column.

I love the guys goat hunt review that chose to sit in the cabin for his last 8 DAYS of his hunt.

28-Oct-19
Probably once a month I am threatened with legal action by pissed off outfitters. The bigger problem for them is we have incredible google weightings so reviews are always ranked very high on Google.

BTW , we do post negative reviews for sponsors. We just had one last month - it's right there along with all the positive ones.

28-Oct-19
“In this case I’m not sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.”

Probably ten years ago, I heard a professor of Journalism interviewed about all of the TV news stations that were having “balanced” representation on various issues and getting people from opposite ends of the spectrum to opine on the issue of the day, and he said the problem was that we were being told to believe that the average of two distortions is somewhere close to the Truth, and that it just never works that way. It only makes both sides angrier and more polarized. And all these years later, look at Politics. See where that crap has gotten us.

Disgusting.

Polarization will be the death of the republic.

28-Oct-19
I too get a kick out of the poor reviews. The thing I have found interesting on several recently was they hunts were booked with booking agents.

—Jim

28-Oct-19
Why would anyone assume that just because one side is lying that the other is telling the truth? Rather than the truth being in the middle, I would suggest that it is more likely to be outside of both.

28-Oct-19
egsauhsted

28-Oct-19
My favorite is the 5 star that the outfitter disagreed with lol was fairly vague in the text section but it was still a 5 star review lol

28-Oct-19
There have been a few reviews where the outfitter received a terrible review and the outfitter actually agreed with him. Some took ownership for the issues and were making it right with the hunter. Now that is an honest guide.

29-Oct-19
I hate being the spelling police but, what is this word "egsauhsted"? As in "Tina was so egsausted". Oh I get it, exhausted. Lol.

29-Oct-19
Sounds like an average typical outfit. With Eggsagerated claims.

Note both hunters were hunting with crossbows.

29-Oct-19
It is great entertainment. I most of the time believe the outfitter in the response.

29-Oct-19
Hopeless, the idea is that they are both lying in opposite directions, the truth being somewhere in the middle.

29-Oct-19
I did some work for an outfitter who had a bunch of good reviews and a couple bad ones, and the bad reviews were so full of BS it made me sick. There are a couple gems from two guys who chose the remote high-altitude camp, which it's made clear is a pretty bare-bones tent setup, who then proceeded to whine that they had "nowhere to sit down in camp"...like you can't sit on a rock, the grass, a log, the dirt, your sleeping pad, the food box, the pack saddles, etc....? Must have been tiring to stand up for 7 days straight...

29-Oct-19
I read the review and the part that is troubling is the "physical confrontation" with the woman.

If you are selling a service for usually a high dollar amount you will be expected to have basic amenities, whether it`s a back country setting or not. Right or wrong you have to put yourself in the clients position, if he is shelling out $8000 he going to expect more than a "rock or a log".

In this day and age a online review is the new "soaping your windows"....it`s their chance to make things difficult for you as a business by giving a uncontested review. I wonder how different reviews would be if done face to face.

29-Oct-19
I just hope my review of cody carr from last year opened at least a few peoples eyes. If i saved even one person from booking an elk or deer hunt with him, i feel like it was a success on my part. He has blocked me on all of social media, so i have no idea if he is having any successful hunts this season or not. But yes, i enjoy reading them as well. I had a good friend that had a great elk hunt 6-7 years ago with him. I did not realize how much the game population of NW Montana had changed in that time. I should have done more research on the current situation instead of just booking based on history from that many years ago.

29-Oct-19
The latest red review is so informative as to what the perceived problems were. Geesh

29-Oct-19
Outfitters and clients are just people. Neither is more likely to be a jerk but a percentage of both are.

29-Oct-19
I've never done a guided or outfitter hunt, but my brother in law did one a few years ago in western Montana...don't know the name of the outfitter. It was a horse ride in and hunt, and primitive hunt...archery. He'd had several phone conversations in the months leading up to his trip, and said they were very helpful...he was told he'd have an equal chance of spotting 300 class elk, and griz...he saw both. He didn't take an elk but said he wouldn't hesitate to book again and gave a rave review.

29-Oct-19
I once hunted with a very successful outfitter who had another client in camp.

Due to a situation outside of the Outfitters’s control the hunter got screwed on a stalk for a giant buck. The guy was irate and made the rest of his hunt uncomfortable for everyone. He ended up leaving early. One day later he posted an outfitter review that bore no resemblance at all to reality. I was there, so I knew he was misrepresenting the facts.

Things can go south on hunts and many guys can’t handle it. I’m convinced that he believes his side of the story but as an objective 3rd party he was entirely wrong.

29-Oct-19
A pattern of bad reviews likely show an issue. I rely heavily on reviews when I'm buying tools and equipment. But.... half or more of the bad ones should be disregarded. Not just taken with a grain of salt.... maybe a bag of rock salt....

Not all, but most reviews on the internet follow a pattern. People who had a positive experience and no problems give FAR fewer reviews than those who did. And unfortunately a large portion of those with negative experiences suffer from basic ineptitude, often unreasonable expectations. Don't read nor follow instructions. And some could screw up a wet dream. Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

Sometimes it's easy to see. And sometimes the folks actually had issues and know what they were doing. It could come from someone who rarely complains..... or from some one who rarely doesn't. Reading between the lines becomes an art form.....

Had a scathing negative google review once from a guy who went off about renting a post hole digger. Claimed we sent it out broken and still charged him, then claimed we were rude on top of that. In reality, he broke at least 5 shear bolts on the auger. They are designed to break if you hit something hard that might damage the equipment, it's rare even one breaks but we send a spare just in case. He used the spare and came and got at least 4 more. Finished his job, but returned it a full day late. He was charged for one day when he had it for more than two. Those were the facts. None of them in his "review". It was our equipment that was defective. Impossible it had anything to do with the rocks he was hitting with it.

I wrote it all off to he must have been just another democrat with no sense of personal responsibility and no connection with reality...... seems an epidemic..... =D

29-Oct-19
Isnt everyone drunk in Canada?

29-Oct-19
Just read all of the red ones. Made my day lmao

29-Oct-19
I don't read the Outfitter reviews unless someone points them out. But I do read product reviews for hunting equipment a lot. My favorites are always the 5 Star reviews where they say "Just got it in the mail. Fits great and looks great. can't wait to use it."

Are you F&(%#ing kidding me!!!???? You're giving a review without actually USING the thing!

Besides Bowsite recommendations, I've given exactly 2 review of things on TripAdvisor, and the only reason I did it was both operations were small (a magic show in Eureka Springs, AR, and a mini tour bus company in Scotland), and both experiences FAR exceeded my expectations, in great ways. And I felt they needed a positive review for it.

Otherwise, good or bad, I usually keep my trap shut

29-Oct-19
Those things won’t help, but we’ve never until 2017 had a president identify our free press as an Enemy Of The People or attempt to revoke any reporter’s press credentials.

Just sayin’....

29-Oct-19
The only bad review I ever gave was spypoint because they suck and so does there customer service. And there hold music sucks to which you have to listen to far to long.

29-Oct-19
KHNC Posted;

"I had a good friend that had a great elk hunt 6-7 years ago with him. I did not realize how much the game population of NW Montana had changed in that time. I should have done more research on the current situation instead of just booking based on history from that many years ago."

Great point IMHO. Game availability and other factors can and do change. Just because some had a good/bad experience in previous years does not mean those going today will experience the same. I appreciate the reviews, especially from handles I recognize have been posting on BS BEFORE they just did an Outfitter Review. I also realize that people will say more in PMs than they will on the forums, so if going on a once in a life time hunt, it is good to ask for outfitter advice and not just use the reports, again IMHO. Thanks.

29-Oct-19
Come on GF. The press lied their asses off and Obama did no wrong. They lie their asses off and Trump can do nothing correct. The outright lies from the press is unacceptable. Showing video clips from a range in Kentucky and saying it is Trump murdering Kurds, is 100% bullshit and the press needs to be held accountable to a higher standard of facts. just sayin

29-Oct-19
You seem to be overlooking the fact that I want the press to be honest NO MATTER WHO is POTUS.

If it wouldn’t be OK for a Dem to do it, it’s not OK for a Republican.

I just want one set of rules and honorable people willing to live by them.

But I’m willing to settle for Adults.

29-Oct-19
Maybe we do need the Community Forum back

29-Oct-19
Agree!

29-Oct-19
"Isnt everyone drunk in Canada?"

Only the ones you can trust.

29-Oct-19
WOW-from bad outfitter reviews to politics.

29-Oct-19
Did Pat ever give a detailed explanation of the demise of the CF? If so i missed it.

29-Oct-19
If bringing back the CF would keep some of these “contributors” from dragging politics into every damn hunting thread, I’m all for it!!!

29-Oct-19
There's definitely a few that need to be voted off the island. . . .

29-Oct-19
TDS, it kills moods and people, figuratively and literally... there is hope though: 4 more years.

29-Oct-19
I would agree. I was quite enjoying this thread. Then, well, not so much.

—Jim

29-Oct-19
I come here to decompress. I work hard. Work doesn't stress me. Numbskulls that feel the need to hear their own voice in order to increase their inflated value of self worth, while derailing a fun thread....well that doesn't stress me either.

I simply REALLY dislike narcissistic jackwads....HA!

I just thought of a great acronym for the front runner jackwad.....as in nobody G..ives a F... what you have to say!! HAHA! Made me laugh at myself...

29-Oct-19
ki-ke for the win! lol!

29-Oct-19
Kiki x3. Beat it with that political horsesh**!

29-Oct-19
Ki-ke heck yeah. Having literally everything lead to politics is what Twitter is for!

29-Oct-19
How bout....GF, GFY.

29-Oct-19
You guys are slow to the party. Ambush coined the “GF yourself” in a thread sometime last year!

29-Oct-19
Yep, and my feelings are SO HURT that I haven’t been back since. I find I just can’t compete with such sophisticated arguments, so I just gave up.

LMAO.

29-Oct-19
I thought it meant "Good For You". My bad.

29-Oct-19
Many of us wish you would...just give up! AND STOP HIJACKING THREADS WITH POLITICAL CRAP!!!

30-Oct-19
This just happened tonight.... LOL. I'll share with you guys. Had 2 hunters arrive on Saturday from Vermont. They went to the license issuer and wanted to pay credit card for licenses. He read on the counter that they did not take a CC for licenses. He started swearing, F this F that. Issuer was about to tell him that he could use his card but had to pay an extra 5% for them to use a CC, but they stormed out of a packed store without the license, mad as hell. They had to travel an extra 40 miles to eventually buy their deer license.

Their 2 buddies arrived on Sunday. They too were unable to buy a deer license. I went to the issuer on Monday and asked what went on. The lady manager said they were very rude, all 4 of them and couldn't keep from making a commotion in front of other patrons. So they too had to go to Dryden. The 2 who arrived on Sunday had a hard time getting licenses 2 years ago due to his attitude at the issuers. But they did get the licenses they needed.

Tonight, I went over and asked how they did. One took a 9 pointer. While visiting them, one of the 4 made comments about Trump. They were not favourable comments. I spoke up and defended him. The guy got mad, I mean furious!!

So furious that he is leaving tomorrow. I know sometimes politics should not be talked about but I was just rebutting what he said. He told me I should shut my mouth, as I am not an American!! I thought I was going to get kicked out of my own camp lol. This is the same guy who was refused a deer license.

These guys have hunted here for years and know CC are not accepted for licenses.

Moral of the Story****My conversation with the manager on Monday tells me that "MOST"often, there are 2 sides to a story!!! ***Conversation with the one hunter tells me, watch who you talk politics to!!

30-Oct-19
Ambush...figures HE is wittier than me....Kills bigger Mulies too...

Ambush...GF yourself!! HAHAHA!!

30-Oct-19
Spike buck, been there! I once guided an old guy on a moose hunt, who hated Republicans in general. Obama was president then. From morning until night this guy ranted and raved, never shut up, got himself so worked up that I thought he was going to have a heart attack several times. The hunt involved a lot of driving and glassing so we were in the truck much of rhe day. He didn't drink coffee, didnt need it. First thing in the morning he would turn on Fox News in the cabin and start yelling at the TV.

One night at the cabin he was in a froth about how everything on the internet is a lie put there by Republicans with Karl Rove's "trillion dollar budget". So I pointed out some Obama lies. He jumped up and started stalking me around the furniture his underwear with his fists balled up. He was a very large man and beet-red with rage. I got him calmed down and no fight ensued, but the next morning he missed a moose at 60 yards with his .338 and told me he wanted to end the hunt and go home. By that time he was so worked up I was afraid he was going to shoot me.

30-Oct-19
"Ambush...GF yourself!! HAHAHA!!"

ki-ke, if I was was just 1/2" longer......

30-Oct-19
Outdoordan………………… " Eggsagerated " Bwahahaha!

30-Oct-19
Lou that’s the good thing about guiding white tail hunters. Most are from the land of little deer, the gulf coast. To a T most of them are Christian conservatives that pray at every meal. I’ve only guided a couple of crazy Yankees in 15 years but they too were likely conservative. Now some of those southern boys can be a pita at times but all are good guys.

30-Oct-19
Lol, spikebuck, somehow I don’t think you would have let them kick you out

It seems like bad trips happen to some people over and over.....inexplicable

30-Oct-19
"If you are selling a service for usually a high dollar amount you will be expected to have basic amenities, whether it`s a back country setting or not. Right or wrong you have to put yourself in the clients position, if he is shelling out $8000 he going to expect more than a "rock or a log"."

If you hunt out of a tent in the West, a basic amenity is a dry place to sleep and cold food, not a squishy chair for your butt...maybe it's different in Wisconsin

30-Oct-19
"It seems like bad trips happen to some people over and over.....inexplicable"

Weird how it always happens to the same people, and they just think it's their bad luck... :)

30-Oct-19
People are amazing entertainment

30-Oct-19
This thread...

gives and gives... thanks!

02-Jan-20
Another bowsiter burned by Whitetail Heaven. The first negative review, here on bowsite was in 2013. There are negative reviews every year, and yet, more guys from bowsite get duped, every year. How does this happen? Same with Cody Carr.

02-Jan-20
If I paid $270,000 for a whitetail hunt I might have some expectations as well. :-)

02-Jan-20
Is there any merit in a sponsor that has multiple negative reviews, be reviewed?

The point about people being taken could be at least partially due to the credibility that comes from being a BS sponsor. This might be taken advantage of.

This is meant in the most positive manner.

02-Jan-20
Im still waiting for cody's next BS response to the negative review. He will reply sooner or later, count on it.

03-Jan-20
I was hosed by pos "outfitter" once. Tried to sort it out like adults.

The guy basically told me to pound sand.

I got so mad I was going to start a website called "Pounding Sand" where s**t head outfitters were called out.

Then I found Outfitter Reviews.

Now you can just cruise the red ones for entertainment value after every hunting season.

They should be made into digital short Stories on the youtubes.

The ratings would be yuge!

03-Jan-20
I like reading the OR on a regular basis. Whats frustrating to me is reviews on rifle hunts. Why are they on the bowsite?

03-Jan-20
I'm happy to read the rifle reports.

03-Jan-20
I’ve entered more than one outfitter in the review section. One is red, the others green. Yes that area is good for entertainment, but it can be quite valuable saving us from going with a poor outfitter. If an outfitter had one red and many greens, I might (but likely not) book with him. If he has more than one red, absolutely not.

03-Jan-20
I still have mixed feeling as to the benefits if any of rifle hunt reviews. Really doenst tell you much unless they talk about logistics.

03-Jan-20
I feel if they will screw a guy with a rifle, they will screw a guy with a bow. I want to know if the outfitter sucks.

03-Jan-20
Plenty of outfitter that arent screwing anyone, yet that doenst mean they are conducive to providing a good bow hunt. I give way more weight to reviews by bowhunters

03-Jan-20
Three sides to every story - my side, your side, and the truth. We all have bias, even when we do not intend it.

04-Jan-20
This thread illustrates why I only hunt DIY. If I don't have a good hunt, I have no one else to blame but myself.

Matt

04-Jan-20
Read the last two for whitetail heaven, especially the second to last. Hunt dates in March 2207. Says he hunted Ohio, but then he can save his Ohio hunt for next year? All 5s? Is this really believable?

05-Jan-20
Quote: "Whats frustrating to me is reviews on rifle hunts. Why are they on the bowsite?"

Because it seems many are non-bowsiters who, after a bad hunt experience, google the search terms "outfitter review", and land here to vent. I don't know the percentage, but it seems like the majority of outfitter reviews are drive-bys. Not that there's anything wrong with it. The section would be more relevant if more active bowsiters posted reviews of their guided hunts. I'll admit to being just as guilty, rarely posting a review either.

05-Jan-20
I think sticksender is spot on. I have never posed an outfitter review, and certainly should, both good and bad.

I also think there is relevance for rifle hunting reviews, as the same outfitters often offer archery (or either weapon) hunts. I have little interest in rifle hunts, but don’t completely discard them either.

And yeah, I’m guilty of cruising for the red stars too...

—Jim

05-Jan-20
Just another reason I’m glad I’m strictly a DIYer. ??

05-Jan-20
Amen Grey Ghost. Additionally I pretty much hunt solo. Noone to blame but me if it goes south.

05-Jan-20
I've only done 3 "outfitted" hunts and have posted bowsite reviews on all 3. Two were 5 star and 1 was 2 star. I felt I owed it to the site to post as I'm often checking out the reviews if I'm in fact looking for another outfitted hunt. The outfitter review section is only as good as the information provided. If it can help someone book a great hunt or prevent someone from making a mistake I'm glad to help.

Review sites are great but I honestly think posting on the Bowsite and asking for specific references on an outfitter is your best best. If the Bowsite regulars can give a positive recommendation that's about as good as it gets. The good outfitters are easy to find here and the bad ones are quickly exposed.

FTR. I love reading the RED reviews. I especially love reading the Whitetail Heaven negative reviews immediately followed up by a clearly anonymous in nature positive review from Whitetail Heaven. I wonder when they will run out of url's to post under?

06-Jan-20
The percentage of bad clients is likely about the same as the percentage of bad outfitters so a single red review isn't necessarily a deal breaker. Good info to have but like any online review, whether its a 1 star or a 5 star, it may not be good info. Just something to throw in the info pile when doing some research.

06-Jan-20
Hunters who experienced bad hunts are significantly more motivated to write a review than hunters experiencing good hunts.

06-Jan-20
Pat,

Not sure I agree with that. On the one bad review I wrote, I had several individuals agree with me in PMs. I shared those with you. I encouraged those individuals to post and no way were they going to do it as they did not want to experience the backlash they observed from my post.

Especially if an outfitter is a BS sponsor, I think more often than not there will be a hesitancy to post something negative. For me, as stated before, this belief causes me to question the credibility of the reviews and I will contact long known and credible posters privately to get an accurate assessment of an outfitter.

This is not about not getting over it. It is to encourage others to take due diligence before booking.

Since then I have posted 2 five star reviews of the same outfitter (not the same as the bad review) who is also a BS sponsor, and deserves it. I was much more motivated to do these as the outfitter not only deserves the business, but I also wanted fellow hunters to spend their hard earned money with the belief they would be successful and happy. Thanks.

06-Jan-20
Bad reviews are more common for the obvious reason that most people don't want to give away the location of their good hunting spots. Simple as that.

07-Jan-20
I agree with a lot of Habitat For Wildlife's points. I hunted with a popular Bowsite sponsor last year. While the hunt was not a bad hunt, the hunt was disappointing because the opportunities were way less than what the outfitter said I should expect and what he advertises. I decided not to write a review because so many others have had positive experiences with this outfitter.

I do agree that generally, unhappy people are more likely to write reviews.

07-Jan-20
Ken, that's a problem. If an outfitter is misrepresenting, he needs to be called out. Doesn't matter how big his fan club is.

07-Jan-20
Amen to that Peco! Thanks Kevin.

17-Jan-20
Satisfied people are not called to action.

Dissatisfied or angry people, such as those who had a bad outfitter experience, are called to action and are more likely to go to the effort to post a review.

I expect to see more negative than positive reviews for that reason. I see the above premise in action every day at work.

17-Jan-20
Pat is spot on. Unsatisfied people are way more likely to review. That's just fact. If you get what you paid for you feel justified. No need to do anything else. If you don't get what you paid for, and you're upset you want to tell the world. Being in business you'd be surprised how difficult it is to farm positive google reviews. We have people bring us cookies, I've got literally hundreds of written testimonials, but trying to strangle people into a google review is tough.

17-Jan-20
Amazon doesn't seem to have any problems getting people to review their stuff.

I'm a big fan of reading reviews for virtually everything I buy. What amuses me are the reviews that are polar opposites for the same product or service. One buyer says "GREAT product!! 5-stars!" Another buyer says "Piece of JUNK!! Don't waste your money. 1-star".

I usually find the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Matt

17-Jan-20
"Amazon doesn't seem to have any problems getting people to review their stuff."

You give me a free hunt and I'll review the hell out of your outfit just like Amazon :-)

17-Jan-20
"I expect to see more negative than positive reviews for that reason. I see the above premise in action every day."

There are many fewer red stars than green, so that logic seems weak to me.

17-Jan-20
HFW I'm sure one of the main reasons for folks not posting negative reviews is that they are to embarrassed to admit that got swindled in today's age of computers. Your an absolute fool if you go with an outfitter that has bad reviews on the web.

17-Jan-20
"Amazon doesn't seem to have any problems getting people to review their stuff."

That's because for every Chinese knock-off made-for-Amazon item there are 10 Chinese dudes in a building next door to the factory writing knock-off reviews all day long, there are a few billion folks in China, do the math, that's a lot of reviews! :)

17-Jan-20
I am not big on writing reviews. I do it very seldom. But my rule is if I am going to write a poor review of someones business I am going to find someones business that really impressed me and write them a good review. Also I think you owe it to the person who's pocket book a negative review may hurt to let them know first and give them a chance to fix it before hammering them online.

17-Jan-20
I had a vacuum sealer that I bought off of Amazon that was a total piece of crap. I almost immediately returned it for a refund and left a negative (but factual) review of it. For months I had the seller contacting me and essentially trying to bribe me into changing my review with offers of free stuff.

17-Jan-20
I agree with the negative reviews being the most reported, except when the outfitter probably asks for positive ones. I have left both before, but i'll spend more effort with the negative ones because I don't want someone else to have that same bad experience. The best ones can list certain aspects that were a negative and then prospective clients can direct their attention to those areas with other reviews or interaction with the guide. I really like that this site contacts the guide and gives them an opportunity to respond to situations. I feel like the majority of those are unreasonable expectations by hunters or crazy scenarios. I actually have had people contact me through private messages with experiences just like my negative one and who will not leave a review. Can't figure that our for the life of me....would save a lot of headache.

17-Jan-20
Kydeer,

They don't want to be bashed.

17-Jan-20
I still do not understand the part about "Was the outfitter notified of the problem" The reviewer answers: NO.

17-Jan-20
Better yet when the outfitter threatens you with legal action because of a less than stellar rating. It was done though a pm

17-Jan-20
JohnMC, I agree, let the outfitter try to remedy the situation. But sometimes, the outfitter says BS, you are wrong, or you shudda done this, my hunters three weeks later did ok, or what ever. I spent my money and if the outfitter does not live up to his end of the deal, I’ll tell him, and unless there is something besides BS excuses, he will be in the outfitter reviews. Hopefully someone else won’t make the mistake that I did.

17-Jan-20
Habitat, I don't understand how someone can bash on an experience especially say if you and I have the exact same one. Heck, that's part of business. If I get a bad review on business I take it personal and I'll do my best to make it right. I'll guarantee you one thing though that if I get a bad review on something I can change or make right it won't happen again. I think reviews are a great resource for hunters looking to book a trip and have a good experience. To be fair I agree the outfitter needs to be notified and if you're unhappy try and remedy the situation as best as possible. In hunting nothing is guaranteed but once you do a few hunts you can get a sense of what is an acceptable operation and experience---we should all be more willing to share those with each other.

17-Jan-20
"I had a vacuum sealer that I bought off of Amazon that was a total piece of crap. I almost immediately returned it for a refund and left a negative (but factual) review of it. For months I had the seller contacting me and essentially trying to bribe me into changing my review with offers of free stuff."

I bought a $200 Amazon gift certificate for my grand-daughter in San Antonio. It was never delivered. Three days later I call Amazon and they said it was redeemed by a thief. Told me I was SOL and I don't get a refund. Biatched at 3 different supervisors who concurred mailing these things are same as putting cash in a clear envelope on a doorstep, and they would not buy one. Asked why they would even sell such a product. No answer. Asked as a Prime member why wasn't I directed to send the product via email. No answer. Wrote a 100% truthful negative review 5 times was rejected and corrected 5 ties according to their standards. Still not published.

23-Jan-20
I see cody carr mustve had someone lie and post a positive review of an elk hunt. lol

29-Jan-20

KHNC's Link
Cody finally responded with another lie about his husband and wife from Australia. Not at all accurate based on Pam finding my number online and calling me after the hunt was over. Pam and Neil are both evidently in top shape and have been on many mountain hunts. Typical of him to lie.

30-Jan-20
How about the new one where the guy said the moose outfitter threatened his life...but then still gave a 2/5 on the food...LOL

30-Jan-20
HAHA! Must've had a good chef.

30-Jan-20
Wait GG. You were an Outfitter.

So, how is DIY hunts the only way you hunt? Oh, You must mean since you don't Outfit anymore.

K~

02-Mar-20
Cody Carr gets another red review.

02-Mar-20
Break out the Cody defenders in 3,2... I would get tired of defending this guy, has to be exhausting.

02-Mar-20
I wish I could be as nasty, dishonest, and a down right disgusting individual so I could be an outfitter. Seem like an absolute goldmine with all the sheep out there with to much money.

02-Mar-20
I had an awful hunt a few years ago. 100% of the reason it sucked was because of my guide being more concerned w smoking weed than hunting, besides also being a huge asshat. I still had fun, kept being positive and enjoyed the experience overall.

I did not post an outfitter review because, when notified at the end of the week, the outfitter was even more pissed than I was and made things right.

(I'll be going back this fall at a heavily reduced cost)

Every other aspect of the hunt was great: the logistics, camp food, the accommodations, plenty of animals. I did not give a review at that point because if his willingness to make amends. I will definetly give an outfitter review after this years coming hunt no matter the outcome.

03-Mar-20
https://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/OUTFITTERREPORTS/detail.cfm?reportid=7467

Shit bag Cody again

03-Mar-20

Stickit's Link
The funniest review/reply I have ever read.

03-Mar-20
I also loved this one...

"First off he says I was drunk when I picked him up at the Airport on Sat. I haven,t had a drink before noon since I was 16 yrs old & everyone that knows me knows this to be a fact."

The guy thinks not having a drink before noon is some kind of accomplishment!! LOL!!

03-Mar-20

KHNC's Link

03-Mar-20
The question is - was he at the airport before noon or after noon?? Man high winds were a real problem that week lol Even seemed to blow the letters around in the old spell check.

03-Mar-20
Hmmm, does that mean he drank before noon when he was 15?

16-Mar-20
It's always noon somewhere in the world.

03-Apr-20
Well, just in the last week alone, i have been able to enlighten two potential elk hunters on the truth about Cody Carr's Hunting Adventures. I feel very good about this. Making the world a better place.

03-Apr-20
Well Cody sure is resilient, keeps bouncing back. This past month there were two 5 STAR ***** outfitter reports here on BOWSITE for Cody.

That ought to help the average some.

03-Apr-20
I get concerned about negative outfitter reviews by people who I have hardly ever seen post. As a former booking agent, the hardest part was to get those dropping significant money on a hunt to understand that there are very few easy hunts, that are super successful. I told many prospective clients, that I would absolutely not book them on certain hunts. Too fat, too out of shape, too high expectations. On the other hand, if I see a negative post by the regulars on Bowsite, I take notice.

06-Apr-20
DPowers, IF you ever refer a client to cody carr, you should be ashamed of your ethics. Not saying you ever have, but , it would be very unethical in my opinion to refer any elk hunter to his operation. The reviews are very clear on this.

• Sitka Gear