fubar racin 30-Oct-19
buckeye 30-Oct-19
LINK 30-Oct-19
t-roy 30-Oct-19
RogBow 30-Oct-19
yooper89 30-Oct-19
Skippy 31-Oct-19
28-Oct-19
Anyone use any of the range finder bow sites how do they work and are they legal?

28-Oct-19
Bighorn, I have used the Garmin Xero for the past year and absolutely love it! Once setup it makes the aiming and shooting process so much simpler than the old range, sight pin and hope the animal stands still. I have the A1i and can change pin color and have multiple arrow setups. As far as I know only Colorado not accepting them?!

28-Oct-19
Thank God CO hasn’t completely taken leave of their senses!

You guys wanna cull a million whitetails? Knock yourselves out.

You wanna hunt Elk and not have to sweat the range measurement? Buy yourself an iron-sighted rifle and knock yourselves out.

Wanna hunt with a BOW? Hunt with a bow, and all that comes with it. And all that DOESN'T.

28-Oct-19
And if you want to bitch and complain every time someone brings up or asks a perfectly fine question about a piece of archery equipment which has nothing to do with a stick bow user...have at it!!!

Damn GF give it a break!!!

29-Oct-19
A buddy got talked into the Garmin at a bowshop for an upcoming elk hunt....the problem it was a Colorado elk hunt...lol. Some that have used it said they loved it. One part of me says if it means less crippled animals I`m all for it. But I do have concerns about being "over teched" in bowhunting.

29-Oct-19
Oh, c’mon Rich.... A guy’s gotta have SOME fun!

And seriously; you know I have no problem with CT allowing crossbows on private land. I just wish they’d kept them off of public areas.

But you have access to a lot of private land. Overcrowding isn’t a day-to-day PITA where you do most of your hunting. OTOH, on practically every thread about Bowhunting CO, what’s the recurring theme? TOO DAMN CROWDED. TOO MANY PREF POINTS REQUIRED for a “quality” hunt.

Those were not big issues 20-30 years ago; now they are. And it’s because it has gotten so much easier to master the equipment.

The state has made it pretty clear that SOMETHING is going to have to limit the participation in the Elk season. It used to be that the equipment presented a sufficient barrier to entry that it kept hunter numbers in check.... and now it doesn’t.

So we have a choice; we can limit our numbers by limiting ourselves to lower tech, or we can be limited by the odds in the lottery.

29-Oct-19
Actually Colorado made it pretty clear they don’t care about the perceived crowding by making no changes except shortening the season putting everyone into a shorter period increases crowds. All the talk of addressing the perceived crowding issue was just blowing smoke up your skirt while they decided how deep to break it off in all of us.

30-Oct-19
So there you go.

Guess next time somebody demands to know of a case where the increased popularity has cost anyone any hunting opportunity, I’ll know where to send them.

Why am I not happy about this??

30-Oct-19
Here’s the thing though without the compounds that you hate so much gfy we don’t have archery in Colorado at all. No way you grumpy ole stick bow up ur butt guys could ever keep it alive by yourselves. By far the biggest barrier to entry into trad archery is the attitude of many trad archers sorry but it’s sad and true at the same time.

30-Oct-19
The biggest barrier is laziness. Everyone wants easy.

30-Oct-19
Rog if that were true don’t ya spose everyone would hunt with a rifle? Or from the road? Maybe it just helps guys feel more elite to say compound hunters are lazy? Maybe it helps prove my point too. Back on the subject of the sight I think a few more states have said no than just Colorado but I’m not 100% sure about it.

30-Oct-19
Foob - You’re overlooking the FACT that archery season predates Compounds. There was and is no requirement for some minimum number of tags sold; the whole idea was that it would have no impact on the herd because so few would participate and so few would tag out.

30-Oct-19
Girlfriend your missing the FACT that it doesn’t matter Colorado is the new California and without compounds the trad numbers are so low the antis will kill archery all together honestly it’s coming even with compound guys.

30-Oct-19
bighorn, a buddy from Tennessee came up last year and i asked to shoot his new rig which was equipped with one of these sights. my first shot i sent into the creek way over the target and i asked what i did wrong. he asked " did you hit the button?" i said what button? the one on the riser he says. next shot i hit the magic button that i was previously unaware of and bam, the dot changed location, gave me a read out of exact yardage and i was in the center of the bulls-eye. my thoughts are if you have the $$$ its pretty neat, however the drawbacks i would imagine would be spending a grand on one then the buck of a lifetime walks past you because the battery died.

30-Oct-19
What thread hasn’t GFY derailed? Maybe if he didn’t have his thing wedged up his arse, he’d be more agreeable.

30-Oct-19
Doesn’t look like he’s been on the “Public hunting in Maui” thread yet, LINK. I’m sure he’s a busy man, though.

30-Oct-19
If you wanted to start trad would you really care what others said or how they acted? I sure wouldn't.

30-Oct-19
Great news to the rangefinding bow siters - the Garmin Xero is on Camofire for the low price of $799

31-Oct-19
BH, I have one and love it, you can use it as a fixed pin sight or as a rangefinding bowsight. If you have anymore questions feel free to PM me. Hopefully someone will go back to the leather wall and and not hijack your thread again.

• Sitka Gear