Moose
Contributors to this thread:
yooper89 29-Oct-19
Guardian hunter 29-Oct-19
Meat Hunter 29-Oct-19
iceman 29-Oct-19
yooper89 29-Oct-19
29-Oct-19
My cousin who is not on Bowsite asked me to check on here to see if anybody has hunted in Newfoundland with Ray’s. I saw a handful of reviews in the Outfitter section but figured I’d see if there are any others out there that just never posted a review. He’s looking to book a moose/woodland Caribou hunt for next year. Ray’s provided plenty of references but most of the time those are only the successful folks. Thanks fellas

29-Oct-19
His son Paul was my guide years ago. He has passed away in the last couple of years I believe. I had a great hunt there. G

29-Oct-19
Hi Christian, I sent you a private message with my contact details. I hunted Ray's this past September for archery moose. I'd be happy to give your cousin a balanced and ultimately overall positive review of this outfitter. I haven't posted an official review on Bowsite yet as I made several recommendations to the outfitter and am waiting to hear back. Look forward to speaking with your cousin if he wants to reach out.

29-Oct-19
I hunted there in 2014. Overall was a good hunt. I would only go back there with a bow if I could pick out of a few of the guides that were there. Ray's sons are great, but some of the others liked the roads and guns too much. The camp was 9 for 12 on moose, if I remember correctly.

29-Oct-19
Rip - thanks for taking the time to chat!

Iceman & Guardian thank you both.

• Sitka Gear