APauls 31-Oct-19
Bake 31-Oct-19
Pat Lefemine 31-Oct-19
Bake 31-Oct-19
bigswivle 31-Oct-19
x-man 31-Oct-19
SaltyB 31-Oct-19
31-Oct-19
First of all, I'm not a huge camo guy. I'm fully aware that you can kill a deer in solids. In fact, I buy a LOT of my hunting clothes in solids anymore. But some of the clothes, are not offered in solids.

That said, Am I the only person who thinks the Sitka Marsh pattern would be PERFECT for tree stand whitetails in the hardwoods?

I need to upgrade my Fanatic. Mine are quite old by now. And I would like waterproof. Incinerator line would be great. But. . .

But I HATE the Elevated pattern. I don't hunt high anymore. I don't need to blend into the sky. I need to blend into hardwoods. Or just have a solid drab color.

A friend who shall remain anonymous thinks I'm nuts for considering the Sitka Boreal Jacket and Bib Pant for treestand whitetails. Take the noise factor out, do you agree?

I say take the noise factor out, because from all the threads on here I read, I hunt the dumbest stinking whitetails in the US. A little cloth noise has never hurt me yet with my dumb Missouri deer

31-Oct-19
I used the waterfowl Pantanal parka for AK moose. It worked perfect

31-Oct-19
It’s incredibly irresponsible to even consider wearing a waterfowl pattern in a treestand. And not to mention it would not match all the other Sitka Whitetail stuff I already have. Just can’t do it.

All elevated II all the time.

And whoever your friend was that said that must be a genius!

—Jim

31-Oct-19
I don't think he's a genius Jim. In fact, I think he's rather dull-witted. Good company though :)

31-Oct-19
Great clothing but its loud AF. If you're okay with the noise then go with it. Personally I would look at First Lite's whitetail gear.

31-Oct-19
Is it louder than a Sitka Kelvin jacket?

31-Oct-19
Ask yourself if Jim Hole Jr would approve. If not, don't buy it!

31-Oct-19
"Take the noise factor out" - I just can't. Basically everything I wear revolves around noise. If it isn't supposed to be windy I go back to fleece. For me, noise can not be over stated. Is it just because of the camo pattern that you want to switch? What is it that you're looking for? Cause waterproof to me doesn't hardly matter once the temps are below freezing. It's gonna snow not rain and you're walking on ice. On a real snowy day maybe I brush the snow off my jacket if it gets real bad, but I've never ever had waterproof concerns when the temp is below zero. Is the price a lot different? I wouldn't do it. If you want the pattern to be darker, go with Elevated 1 instead of 2.

31-Oct-19
I've just really never had noise be a huge factor. I've shot late season deer with a Sitka Kelvin jacket on. Which is fairly noisy to my ear.

Apauls, I don't have to deal with your cold. I get cold when it still might be wet. Also, we get really wet snow. I was wearing my Sitka Fanatic last year during a snow storm, and got covered with powdery wet stuff, and it melted on me, and got me soaked.

31-Oct-19
I like the marsh pattern too. But could never deal with the noise. It’s likely worse than you think.

But I’m confused. If you wear solid patterns often then why are you worried about the elevated 2 pattern?

I’ll take silence over a pattern all day long.

31-Oct-19
I like drab solids. Not white/blue solids Pat :)

I don't mind solids. I like a green or a good brown. There's just too much white in that elevated pattern--for my stupid head. I have a mental block. Can't get over it

31-Oct-19
“Ask yourself if Jim Hole Jr would approve. If not, don't buy it!”

I laffed!!!

31-Oct-19
If you were to take black and white photo's of the top 10 whitetail camo patterns. I believe all of them would seem too dark compared to the surroundings. Given a choice between two, I'll always choose the lighter pattern.

31-Oct-19
My good friend is color blind. I have him look at every camo item before I buy it. He still says toughest thing for him to see in a tree is a black and white flannel shirt! You need contrast to break up the outline. That white in the pattern wont work on Turkeys but it sure helps on deer.

• Sitka Gear