ElkNut1 02-Nov-19
Missouribreaks 02-Nov-19
jordanathome 03-Nov-19
altitude sick 03-Nov-19
fubar racin 03-Nov-19
COLOH2OFWLR 03-Nov-19
jordanathome 03-Nov-19
01-Nov-19
My mom just shot me a text saying that most of the ski areas are opening already... Tracking snow is good for hunters, but enough to drive them down onto 3rd Rifle winter range... I guess it’ll be a good year for those guys?

Any field reports??

01-Nov-19
Talked with a young guy today that claimed many were already down on the sage flats wouldn’t surprise me much a guy hunting second reported multiple feet of snow in my normal archery spot.

01-Nov-19
Sorry - that exclamation point in the title was supposed to be a question mark.

01-Nov-19
Rumor has it, a bowsite legend has a 180” buck in his sights. ;). I’ll be chasing cows tomorrow. I think they already moved out of the area I hunt, but it’ll still be a fun hike in negative degree weather!

01-Nov-19
Do I smell preference points burning already??

02-Nov-19
Why would PP be burning already?????

02-Nov-19
I spent entire archery season out of state hunting so did not buy otc elk..went 1st rifle on a tag that cost zero pref points and it was very good to me. I bet 3rd season guys have a ball with the early snow n ground.

02-Nov-19
I am a Eastener, can some one explain how the Colorado Rifle season works? Does it open early for a few weeks, closes and than opens later in the season?

02-Nov-19
Kakiat there a numerous rifle seasons that go through October and November. All between 5-9 days long. All tags are season specific.

02-Nov-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Went pretty well for my girlfriend and her first elk. Total hunt time was about an hour, perfect shot, no meat ruined, slid the quarters down the mountain in my plastic ice fishing sled. Perfect hunt.

02-Nov-19
I know what is for supper tonight Lou! TL done rare has my vote.

02-Nov-19
Had that exact dinner last night in the sous vide! She killed it a week ago at the end of second season. I'm trying to explain that all elk hunts aren't like that, hike up a gradual hill, sit on a log, boyfriend calls one right in to close range where it's easy to get out. But she experienced my 26 day archery grind this year before I killed my bull, so she understands hers was a lucky set of circumstances.

02-Nov-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I picked up a reissue buck tag. Filled it the first 15 mins this morning

02-Nov-19
Were you in Australia, Brad?

02-Nov-19
cnelk, that is a sweet looking little gun you got there....what is it, having trouble identifying it...

02-Nov-19
cnelk, that is a sweet looking little gun you got there....what is it, having trouble identifying it...

02-Nov-19
My guess it Remington.

02-Nov-19
I believe it’s a Winchester model 70. Brad you should have named the big buck, put him your hit list. Insta-tweet-face-timed about it and vowed to chase him and only him for 9 straight days forsaking all others, then hashtagged every piece of equipment you own! Nice buck, and I’m still green with envy. ;)

02-Nov-19
Lou- Great job with the new squeeze! Looks like she is enjoying herself!! Congrats

02-Nov-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I can’t get the pic to turn. Let try another

Gun is a M70 Winchester 30-06

02-Nov-19
That’s an awesome photo, Lou! Gotta love a gal with a smile like that!

02-Nov-19
GF, I sure do! And the best thing is that she has that smile on her face 24/7. Hard to be in a bad mood around someone like that. It was near zero that morning and I suggested maybe we wait until it warmed up, this being her first elk hunt and all. "Hell no, we're going hunting". So a hunting we went.

02-Nov-19
You poor, hen-pecked man!

02-Nov-19
Lou, that's awesome! You gotta love a Gal with that kind of attitude! Congrats to you both!

ElkNut/Paul

02-Nov-19
Very nice everyone, congratulations on the hunts.

03-Nov-19
Well, 2nd season in 15 we had 12-18" of fresh pow to wade through. Deer took a beating but the elk were missing. The Moose were thick though......glad none took exception to my presence as there was no way I could get away in that snow. Good times waking up to sub zero temps.

03-Nov-19
Any good deer taken or seen so far on the eastern plains. Archery or Muzzle.

03-Nov-19
Only seen 1 real big one 185 class taken with rifle found 2 real big 160-165 class for a buddy to chase once bow opens back up next week.

03-Nov-19
I've seen a few this year...but I am done. I took an Eastern Plains Tri-fecta in 4 weeks during muzzie season. Buck pronghorn on 21 Sept, buck mulie on 4 Oct (hit him with the truck!), and raghorn elk, on 18 Oct. All within 5 miles off the same county rd. Been hunting the same ranch for 25+ years...persistence pays off!

03-Nov-19

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo
Unit 15 2nd season elk camp....about 6F and got colder......

• Sitka Gear