t-roy 12-Nov-19
Ziek 12-Nov-19
WHOCARES 12-Nov-19
WHOCARES 12-Nov-19
WHOCARES 12-Nov-19
03-Nov-19

WHOCARES's embedded Photo
Had this iron art done by a guy in Kremmling while out there elk and deer hunting. Wanted to dress up my deck. Put them up today. Really like it. Can see them out my window as I'm watching the Vikings game!

03-Nov-19
Looks great, although it would probably look even better if it were right side up! ;-)

03-Nov-19
Looks like y'all had a little wine before you uploaded the photo, though.

03-Nov-19

sdbow's embedded Photo
sdbow's embedded Photo
Here ya go!

03-Nov-19
Thanks! Can never figure that out!

03-Nov-19
Looks really good!

03-Nov-19
Cool metal work.

I don’t get the reference on not needing a wine?

03-Nov-19
Meant wino... remember the old song(80s) David Frizell, "gona hire a wino to decorate my home.... I know, I'm close to getting old!

03-Nov-19
Like the art, like even better the Chiefs making the Vikes whine;-)

03-Nov-19
WHOCARES, I remember that song well, and knew what you meant immediately. I guess that makes me old too !

That looks good on your deck !

03-Nov-19
Yah, yah Frank! But hopefully the Gophers will make Nittany Lions whine Saturday!

03-Nov-19
That looks way cool!

03-Nov-19
I was gonna really rub it in too, Chuck, but the Packers stunk up the joint today. Hopefully you’re right about the goofers next weekend!

BTW.... the railings look awesome!

03-Nov-19
"Can see them out my window as I'm watching the Vikings game!"

You jinxed them! They were on a roll!

04-Nov-19
Very nice. I'd be drinking wine on your deck...but not in November....in Minnesoooota. ;-)

04-Nov-19
Don’t get your head caught in there!

04-Nov-19

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
That’s pretty cool! You gave me some ideas, I’ve got glass panels on a large deck. I’ll pm ya for his info.

04-Nov-19

Oh yah. Tracking snow. A little better view of the panels...

04-Nov-19

04-Nov-19
Damn sideways pics. What's the deal?

04-Nov-19
Even sideways and upside down they look great!!!

04-Nov-19
Great looking rail. Unfortunately it wouldn't pass code in my area.

Matt

04-Nov-19
Hate to say it..........................................but the Lions are gonna chase those gophers back into their hole on Saturday! ;-)

04-Nov-19
And a neon light to light the way to the bathroom down the hall...

04-Nov-19
RUT Nut, As a Long Time Mn sports enthusiast, I agree. The Goofs are in for a rude awakening. The PJ Fleck Gophers will be rowing up steam with one broken paddle all game.

04-Nov-19
I'm going in optimistic and hoping for a good game. Even leaving the deer stand on opening day to watch. If we lose don't talk to me for a couple days.

04-Nov-19

drycreek's embedded Photo
Here ya go !

04-Nov-19
LOL Norseman! : ) Truth be told, I think it will probably be a close game, and you know what they say........................................."any given Sunday"(Saturday in THIS case! ;-)

04-Nov-19
They look great but Grey Ghost is right. Those won't pass code (International Residential Code, section R312) but most likely the inspector won't be checking. The requirement is that a 4" sphere can't pass through. This is to prevent little kids from climbing through and/or getting their heads stuck.

04-Nov-19
Well, I say Gophers. We're due.

10-Nov-19
Well, I had to come back here and eat some crow................. Gophers brought their “A” game! ;-) Congrats to you Minnesota guys!

10-Nov-19
Proud of your Goofers, WHOCARES!! If the Hawkeyes don’t beat them next weekend, I hope they win out!!

10-Nov-19
very cool how much???

11-Nov-19
Very cool looking iron work on your deck Whocares! Seems to me there is an "edit photo" button available when you post a photo...that will allow you to rotate and reorient your photos. Check it out next time...or try sending another close up to see if that doesn't fix the problem. Hope this helps. Kevin

11-Nov-19
Was a fun game. Rut Nut I like seeing our own so called Mn fans eat crow! Lots of negative doubters out there. I just like seeing these college kids compete. The millionaire pros, not so much. Another good one Saturday against t-roy's Hawkeyes. You on Kodiak now t-roy??

11-Nov-19
Told my son when he was young if Gophers ever go to the Rose Bowl we're going. Yikes! It's possible I might have to deliver! If so hope it doesn't turn out like it did for the Hawkeyes a few years ago. That was sad for their fans!

11-Nov-19
I’m from Kalamazoo, the home of WMU, and I can tell you Gopher fans that PJ Fleck is the real deal. It might take him a few years but he will build a team that will compete with anybody eventually. The guy knows what he is doing. Congratulations on the win Saturday.

11-Nov-19

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
I found these many years ago. They're from J Dub's Metalworking. They have many sizes and designs to choose from, and they do meet code.

12-Nov-19
Looks great! What is the material? Plate steel? Are they cutting on a waterjet or plasma machine? Laser? Cool stuff. Please share details for the fabricator.

12-Nov-19
Looks great Ziek. Makes it fun to sit on the deck. Mine were done from 1/8" steel with a plasma cutter. I found designs I liked and sent them to the guy with the dimensions I wanted. He proportioned the pics I sent with his computer and cut them. He can add trees or rocks or whatever to the scene also. Pretty neat.

12-Nov-19
Those look great!!!!

12-Nov-19
Not till the 15th, Chuck.

I wouldn’t go THAT far, scoot! But I do pull for them if they’re not playing the Hawks.

12-Nov-19

Ziek's embedded Photo
I used an elk motif with eagles. Only on this panel did I have them put in one moose.
Ziek's embedded Photo
I used an elk motif with eagles. Only on this panel did I have them put in one moose.
Ziek's embedded Photo
Another panel. All the elk poses are different.
Ziek's embedded Photo
Another panel. All the elk poses are different.
Just Google J Dub's Metalworking. I don't know how they cut them, but they are 3/16" powder coated steel. They have a lot of different motifs, and different heights, flat panels, or different edge/mounting treatments. Or, you can design your own. I had the feet made 6" high instead of 4" to facilitate sweeping snow off the decks. My posts were already set, so I ordered them to fit - and they did. I have about 160' of decks and wanted something different after my first, standard log railings rotted out. (Mortise and tenon railing construction doesn't last very long.) These also look much better as a compliment to the logs.

12-Nov-19
Looks great. Much nicer than standard railings, spindles, etc.

12-Nov-19
So you'll miss the massacre in Iowa City. But probably be one on Kodiak too.

12-Nov-19
So you'll miss the massacre in Iowa City. But probably be one on Kodiak too.

• Sitka Gear