DonVathome 06-Nov-19
DonVathome 11-Nov-19
Bear Track 11-Nov-19
JL 11-Nov-19
DonVathome 12-Nov-19
Inshart 12-Nov-19
Inshart 12-Nov-19
05-Nov-19
I have a unique opportunity to offer a hunt that would be perfect for a wounded warrior on my property in 2020. There are some restrictions. Local ordinances require taking 2 does and hunting from a treestand. You must apply by August. My ladder treestand is only 100 yards from parking with a level path to the stand except for a 4 foot high hill. I can make it somewhat accessible if needed. Taking 2 does would be fairly easy and require 3-4 trips. Taking a buck would be easy depending on size. P&Y bucks available. I have an xbow ready if needed.

Can someone point me in the direction to start looking for a wounded warrior?

05-Nov-19
Cool of you. I would not think it needs to be an "official" wounded warrior hunt. Maybe check with the local VFW see if they knew of a person that fits what you are looking for.

05-Nov-19
I know a gal that would fit

05-Nov-19
I can’t help, but that’s a great gesture on your part. My hat is off to you Sir !

05-Nov-19
Wonderful offer, hope it works to put some grins on someone.

05-Nov-19
Sorry I meant to post that - it does not have to be a "wounded warrior" anyone who fits that description. It is difficult for someone who lives more then an hours from Cleveland Ohio - because of proficiency test and taking 2 does (if you want a buck) for someone in that range it works great.

I have been meaning to do this for a few years.

Thanks!

05-Nov-19
That is very nice of you to do that....thank you!!!!!

Your local VA center and county veterans office should be able to connect you with some prospective vets. These two links should point you in the right direction.

http://cuyahogavets.org/services/ https://www.cleveland.va.gov/

06-Nov-19
Thanks I contacted them!

11-Nov-19
A couple people asked me to update this to help encourage others to participate and with today being veterans day it seemed appropriate.

I have left a message with someone at the program but have not heard back yet. If anyone has any ideas or knows someone who might be interested in this and lives near Cleveland Ohio please let me know!

11-Nov-19
Ask Charlie who to contact.

11-Nov-19

JL's Link
Is Wright-Pat too far away? I'm thinking alot of Vets will be in that area to utilize the services at the base. Attached is the base phone book. They have a Rod & Gun Club there and they might have some leads or at least put you in touch with someone

Rod/Gun Club/Bldg 892 ............................. 937-257-3935

If no one answers, try the Rec Bldg.....

Recreation Supply Checkout/Bldg 95 ......... 257-9889

12-Nov-19
Thanks! To far kind of dependent on the vet. They need to come here in July then Oct and/or Nov to hunt. They can stay with me.

12-Nov-19
Send Charlie Rehor a message, he has been involved with wounded worriers and posted the hunts on here.

12-Nov-19
Oops, should have read the responses first - already been mentioned.

• Sitka Gear