midwest 10-Nov-19
RJ Hunt 10-Nov-19
09-Nov-19

RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
This is a 1095 clay hardened blade with a Hamon. Learning heat treat on this steel was fun.
RJ Hunt's embedded Photo
This is a 1095 clay hardened blade with a Hamon. Learning heat treat on this steel was fun.
... and the hobby has turned into an obsession. Turned my entire garage into a shop. Been heat treating and grinding all sorts of blades. Even thought of making my own Broadheads then I came back to reality. I have not posted or been on bow site much as been really busy and lost in knives. Still went elk hunting and awaiting out late Blacktail season starting soon. Been playing with high grade stainless now. I started with simple tool steels and now onto more complex alloys. Are there any other knife makers on here? I can’t be the only one. Hope all is well and here are a couple blades I have made for friends. All three are Elmax stainless I was able to harden to about 61rc.

09-Nov-19
Be now bet my wife thinks I am nuts and maybe she is right. Too many hours in the garage. Hope to get out and chase bucks late season and then work on coyote “thinning” after that.

09-Nov-19
I like that top one.

09-Nov-19
Great stuff !

09-Nov-19
Very nice work.

09-Nov-19
Thanks. The top knife went to a guide friend of mine in Montana. Has done a couple deer with it and so far says performs well. Have learned a lot on how edge geometry effects cutting ability and ease of sharpening. Also being a knife nut most my life is cool to think about something you want and make it. Waiting on getting a good buck so can use my own made knife. Would be pretty cool.

10-Nov-19
Nice work!

10-Nov-19
RJ, some beautiful knives you have there. Maybe it's time to go on forged and fire? Trad gang has a bunch of knife maker so it, lots to learn from.

10-Nov-19
Thanks but don’t think the forged in fire is for me , though do enjoy the show at times. Will keep to my little knives and leave the swords to the experts.

10-Nov-19
That’s cool, for the most part I’ve managed to steer clear of knife making, definitely looks addictive! It’s good to have passion.

10-Nov-19
Yes very nice looking knives. Any for sale?

10-Nov-19
Yes I have sold some, but to respect this site I am not soliciting business just showing my work. Maybe in the future I could work something out with Pat but for now just showing my progress and love for the art. Thank you for the compliments.

10-Nov-19
Gorgeous knives! Have you tried Damascus?

10-Nov-19
No Damascus yet. Still learning these but see it in the future.

10-Nov-19
Gorgeous blades, RJ!

10-Nov-19
Thanks Midwest. ??

• Sitka Gear